Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 8:59 am

Let's talk tech (Now with Glossary)!

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Ninjaboi978 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:41 pm

just a quick question about the programing thing, did you use qbasic, HTML or DOS?? I am really intrested in starting to learn to programing so could you give me a link to a website that may teach me or even recomend a book. And sadly i missed Tip-Top Shape because i was teaching at my local karate school (i am a blackbelt and an instructor) and i missed it so if anyone could supply a link i would greatly appreciate it.

Ninjaboi978 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby DL » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:32 pm

Personally I believe that in that episode Jeremy's data was split up between those towers and not because those towers were needed to run the program. Basically I belive that each tower is in control of a certain program pertaining to the super computer. For example in one episode Aileta needed to get to a certain tower inorder to get some data for the materialization program. This leands me to belive that certain towers run certain programs. Those four towers most likely contained data pertaining to the virtualization process. Also when they had to hook up the gameboy and laptop were used to replace a very small amount of memory since the super calculator would have alot of memory.

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby DL » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:56 pm

yes now I understand your idea and I must agree. I see where my mistake was and I must apologize for my error. Next time I will get the script before posting a differing opinion. I must say though, I think that most of the mysteries of Lyoko have been explained in this thread. I doubt that there are many probelms left to solve.

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby animenologist » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:51 pm

Yeah, after Season 2 finishes, we can finalize our theories into one large thesis. After its completely refined, and reviewed by all our peers here, than we're good to go with our finalized article. Though until then we should keep tossing out ideas to be debated. Speaking of which, I suggest for the name of our paper "Hopper's Unifying Principles of Lyoko".
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby animenologist » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:33 pm

After watching the relevant parts of Tip-Top Shape. I'm thinking this is part of how Jeremie pixelised Odd. After so many trips to Sector 5, Jeremie had gained knowledge of how to activate the towers on Lyoko. Somthing that for the longest time been exclusively Xana's domain, which connects our thought of the multiple components of the complete system and my explanation of the workings of Carthage.

After Jeremie activated the tower, he did what Xana basically did, using the towers resources to create a spectre using the method described by TB3 and DL. The spectre than took control of Odd and set up a digital link with the tower as I've stated in my explanation of pixelisation. Since Odd was a willing recipient of the spectre, he did not put up a mental defense to resist it, so the spectre was able to enter and link fairly easily. Also, since the console was where the command to create the spectre originated, Jeremie probably also made the spectre digitally link with the console in order to monitor his progress and vitals, since this was a risky maneuver and untested.

So basically when he created the spectre, it linked up like this:

Jeremie's console -----> Xana's tower
^ __________________|
| __________________|
| __________________|
| __________________V
Odd's Body

Since towers are in Xana's domain, he was probably able to break Jeremie's link to the tower once he realized what was happening. And since Odd is already linked by the spectre to the tower, he couldn't resist it. Easier to resist an enemy at the walls than in the courtyard, for an analogy. After Xana took control of the tower, he severed the link from the console to the tower, so Jeremie can't fight for it. But I'm thinking he couldn't sever the link set up from Odd to the console, since Jeremie was still able to monitor his vitals.

So after Xana took over the tower it linked up like this:

Jeremie's console _______Xana's tower
^ __________________|
| __________________|
| __________________|
| __________________V
Odd's Body

Just an extra thought to put out there.

EDIT: So I'm not so good at making diagrams, atleast I tried.
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby animenologist » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:11 am

I have some doubts of the tower in Carthage being the Master tower in Lyoko, but thats mostly due to lack of major opportunities to observe it. You may be right, but I'd like to give it some more time before coming to anything conclusive. For all we know, Xana's power may have increased so much that Xana has created a tower for himself in order for it to elude detection from Jeremie's super-scan. Since the super-scan only knows of the normal 40 towers in the regular 4 sectors and the nature of Carthage is still greatly unknown, it would allow Xana to launch his Franz Hopper attack and without any known way of detecting the tower, would go completely under the radar, so to speak.

Also I'd like to toss out the idea that neither Xana or Lyoko is the operating system for the super computer, but there is another system that acts for an OS for Lyoko, which Xana uses as a way to control Lyoko similar to the way an computer user uses his operating system to run his computer or Jeremie uses the consoles OS to work it. The OS keeps track and makes sure all of Lyokos normal functions runs as normal, including things such as the towers, Carthage's normal defenses, and allows Aelita to access non-protected information while in a normal tower and Xana's information while in Carthage. Xana uses this to give himself dominance over Lyoko as well as to create his monster defense system, but since the OS keeps all the other functions running as normal, he can not drastically change any of the normal workings of Lyoko, atleast not without a lot of effort, like how the towers normally work, or change how Carthage's defenses work, or lock Aelita off from Lyoko's consoles. I'm guessing it also controls the consoles access to tower information before it sends the console to the STM and I would think blocks off access to tower information while a tower is active, so a RTTP can not be launched while active.

But I really like your ideas of how the towers represent vacant memory and programs and the way towers being like My Computer. And how about this for a name "Hopper's Principle of Lyoko: A Detailed Look at the Carthage Project".
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby YDV » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:37 pm

Hmm.. interesting ideas. I'm still sticking with the notion that XANA is the OS, though. Yours is still possible. And in the case of something happening that disproves the XANA-Virus-AI-OS theory, that'd be my next choice.

Now, I don't necessarily believe that the tower in Carthage is the master tower for Lyoko.. I don't really think there is one. He probably created it to avoid super scan detection. The Passage Towers (not way towers *sweatdrops*) are just able to connect the sectors together and the are hubs for data flow into Sector 5. Also since they're so versatile with transferring data, they're the best place for Code: Earth Materialization. But the regular ones may in fact be vacant memory and places to install programs.

24. Ghost Channel

One day at school, Jeremy notices that Odd, Ulrich, and Yumi are missing. Meanwhile, Odd, Ulrich, and Yumi ARE at school with Jeremy! What's going on? Turns out that XANA (in the form of Jeremy) has trapped Odd, Ulrich, and Yumi in a virtual world identical to the boarding school, completely at his mercy. With Aelita's help, Jeremy reaches the fake school and tries to convince his friends that he is the real Jeremy and that the imposter is XANA. When they learn that Jeremy got into the scanner to come here, XANA claims that Jeremy is the fake because he would never go into the scanner. But the others say that if his friends were in danger, he would. XANA gets angry and tries to crush everyone with wires and holographic zombies of Jim, Nicholas, and Herve. But Aelita destroys the false school just in time, foiling XANA's plan.

^^ Okay, so I copied the summary from TV.com.. whatever.

How is it possible for XANA to create a virtual world inside a virtual world? As I remember from the show, it was contained inside a Guardian monster (they don't seem to be used much in S2..). I guess all it was was to keep everying thing inside and self-contained. But anyway, XANA probably activated a tower, and through it got access to the DeVirt program. Meanwhile, he was utilizing all his gathered data to create a model of Kadic (possibly using the same guidlines as Hopper's book, "Creating A Virtual Universe For Dummies" :P no, seriously. he might've used a set of guidelines located somewhere in Carthage) He screwed with the DeVirt so that instead of re-converting the gang's vDNA in the scanners, it would transfer it to Sub-World 1 (Sample World 4? ...yay! a joke that nobody but me gets! :)).

Or... perhaps... they were inside Lyoko already before the RTTP and he deleted their names from the STM's checklist. But then that would require Jeremie to fix the RTTP because it would keep happening again.. I'm not sure.

Ehh.. might not've been the greatest technobabbling, but hey, just threw something out there.

Anyway.. um.. new question! Since XANA was apparently not -always- a virus, what was Carthage used for before XANA took it over?
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Activated Tower » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:46 pm

I think they say Way Tower in the dub, but I have no clue about what they say in the French version.
Activated Tower offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby JeremyHopper » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:10 pm

yeah.

YDV wrote:Um... well I don't know a thing about coding, and it'd be kind of hard to make a -real- Lyoko (i.e. I don't think anyone has access to quantum computers, nuclear power cells, or exertanium coils.... let alone an abondoned factory that the gov't wouldn't find out about )

That's what you think... ;)
J/k, no, you don't need a supercomputer to create lyoko. Most video games have more complex 3d engines than that.

TB3 wrote:Also, during the 'power-up' sequence and later when XANA began to drain Odd's energy, the console showed his vDNA being analysed as well as his regular body.

This raises several questions;

One - what is a digital impulse, and how does it make the crossing from virtuality to actuality without a scanner? Answer this question, and you also answer how XANA takes control of any construct in reality, be they alive or inanimate.

Well, the scanners are for converting matter to energy and used for virtual form, and virtual form to energy to matter.
And the specter seems to be energy only. Since it dosn't have to go through the whole matter proceess it goes through the virtual to energy wires, and skips the energy to matter process the scanners take care of.

Also, why doesn't XANA create his own vDNA scan and virtualize himself in the real world? I would say since he's a computer he couldn't do this because of his lack of creativity but his AI engine seems to display such effects.
Maybe this will happen in season3, or the end of season2 even!

Ninjaboi978 wrote:just a quick question about the programing thing, did you use qbasic, HTML or DOS?? I am really intrested in starting to learn to programing so could you give me a link to a website that may teach me or even recomend a book.

Well, I do program in all of them, but I programmed lyoko in qbasic. It sucks, really old technology, and it wasn't named BASIC for nothing. I'm thinking of upgrading to C++.

TB3 wrote:3.
If Jeremie was a free-floaing collection of data in several towers it's not likely he would have retained conciousness - also they said the computer thought Jeremie was an outdated 'file', not 'files' meaning he had to be in a single location.

A good idea Franz Hopper should've put into effect would be if this happened that his file would be span over towers so that there would be enough memory to devirtualize him. And there should've been a safe gaurd so it dosn't show him as an outdated file.

TB3 wrote:What if Lyoko was not so much the OS of the supercomputer, but a virtual representation of the computer. i.e. the scenery is actually the data contained within the computer.

I doubt it. That would be nice, but, there would be no reason for hopper to do that. And the scenary would be changing. But heck, I never can tell if somethings been changed in lyoko.

TB3 wrote:The final control station within Lyoko is the Carthage Interface, through it, one could theoretically control all of Lyoko, but it's functions are currently limited to just within Carthage by passwords.

Of course the Console could control everything as well, but those same passwords do not allow Jeremie any deeper access into the system than he currently has.

jeremy REALLY should route the carthage console to his own. If it's blocked then WHAT THE HECK ANYTHING CAN BE HACKED!!!

I heard in an episode that when the carthage console is active his own is deactivated. There's got to be a way around that. Maybe he could route it through his laptop. I dunno.

Also, I've been thinking about the episode where XANA took over Jeremy, can't remember which oen, but why didn't XANA controlling Jeremy just kill himself? That would create turbulence in the group and it would be ahrder to get to lyoko. DUH!

And, I doubt that XANA is the operating system, and neither is lyoko. XANA is the remote opertor of the OS, and Lyoko is product of the OS, the OS controls lyoko. As you all know the definiton of lyoko is the 3d digital virtual reality.
The OS is just, well, the OS, just some program that enables you to control the other programs within the supercomputer.

Another thing, I find it strange that alomost every system is controlled WITHIN lyoko. It's a f**king video game, yet it controls lyoko through the fake virtual consoles that are in essacne a bit of data!
It dosn't make sense, it's actually quite stupid. The towers are represented as real towers, they shouldn't be seen. It's to graphic, but it's a kids show. It has to be this way. In fact, the programs should work like in a real computer, with all of them stored on a hard drive. Everyones been saying that data is stored on towers but the towers don't exist! THEY ARE 3D VIDEO GAME-LIKE MODLES IN THE VIRTUAL WORLD! How can they store data? Maybe it's just the graphical version, and all the data is stored in the super computer, and displayed in the towers.
It's stupid.
if no one knows what I'm talking about that's okay.

TB3 wrote:As for 'can't the same question be applied to each ep' then it depends on your religious/spiritual viewpoint. I personally believe that the soul is tied to the conciousness, and because that is always in existance though the kid's bodies are destroyed, they do not 'die' when virtualised and therefore posess souls in Lyoko.

I seem to find that the soul is the consciousness. Creativity and Personality are your soul in essence.
~Sean

I reject your reality and substitute my own. -Adam Savage
JeremyHopper offline

Postby JeremyHopper » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:57 am

TB3 wrote:No, I get you.

As I said presumably the towers function as a sort of 'My Computer' section where one can access Lyoko - perhaps when Hopper created it he thought 'operatives' might want to access data themselves without having to rely on an external proxy. Presumably that function was never finished as only Aelita can apparently work them (at leasts she's the only one shown working them). Just like My Computer window is not real, though the data within it 'exists', the towers are not real.

Again, they must be using the towers as a stop-gap since they don't have the command codes for the console. Within Lyoko Aelita can function as a moderator (though not an administrator).

I see what your saying. Now it actually makes sense.
~Sean

I reject your reality and substitute my own. -Adam Savage
JeremyHopper offline

Postby animenologist » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:47 pm

Very nice, very nice indeed. Not even a week has gone by and we have racked up 5 pages worth of material to make what hopes to be a very nice article. And only 1 week and 3 days more to go, until we have to start wrapping it up when "The Key" finishes. But reading and thinking and debating this up until now has been a blast.

Anyways, I'd like to put this up for debate in terms of the operations of the virtual world from Ghost Channel. Since Xana is in control of Lyoko, he probably created a new program to simulate the actual world. Some may say its a re-designing of the guardian. In certain ways, it is similar. For one it was designed to hold and capture certain people, mainly Odd, Ulrich, and Yumi. After being freed, those who were captured had little memory of it actually happening. And by my guess, it also operated without a tower since neither Jeremie picked up anything from his scan nor did Aelita give any notion of pulsations occurring.

Though it is possible to be to be a new creation, since it was a different color. Jeremie was able to transfer into the virtual world via the scanner, something you can't do with a guardian. And its structure was unstable compared to that of a guardian. A guardian was able to withstand force from Ulrich and Odd's weapons, while the virtual world they were in gave way from Aelita's song, which from the looks of it, was a simple change in landscape to make it unbalanced until it collapsed. However it was created, it was created in likeness similar to that of the actual world.

Since its known that certain components of the supercomputer are not effected by the return to the past, I'm believe that the capacitors that hold the actual body themselves are also immune. Thus the reason why Aelita was still on Lyoko in "A Great Day" despite the return trip. Then how when the kids are on Lyoko during a RTTP, they are returned aswell? I can guess that when a RTTP is activated, the capacitors discharge whoever they're holding back into the scanners for the return trip. But since Aelita can not be devirtualized normally, since her materialization program is held in a tower, she needs to be in a tower for her to be discharged when a RTTP is activated. Thus what happened in "A Great Day".

Using the above hypothesis, after Xana trapped the defenders inside, he locked out the capacitors from discharging the actual bodies during the return trip as part of the programming for the new virtual world. He has shown that he is capable of corrupting transfers in multiple episodes, so I'm sure he is capable of that. Xana than used his knowledge and resources to create as life like a world as his understanding allowed. Since Aelita is on Lyoko and in tune with such things, she was able to pick up some of the information Xana was using, leading to its discovery. Jermeie was then virtualized into the virtual world, except his consciousness was connected to him from the virtual world, not Lyoko. So once it was destroyed, Jeremie was immediately discharged, while the others who were connected through their avatars remained.

What do you think? I'd like some feedback, and some chances to refine it.
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Activated Tower » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:48 pm

animenologist wrote:Very nice, very nice indeed. Not even a week has gone by and we have racked up 5 pages worth of material to make what hopes to be a very nice article. And only 1 week and 3 days more to go, until we have to start wrapping it up when "The Key" finishes. But reading and thinking and debating this up until now has been a blast.

Unfortunately, Cartoon Network has changed the schedule again. Temptation and Contact are still airing Friday, Monday, and Tuesday, but False Start on Wednesday and Season 2 reruns (from New Order) starting Thursday.

As for a topic, how about how Odd and Yumi switched bodies in A Fine Mess (Did Jeremie go into details with that? I can't remember.)?
Activated Tower offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby animenologist » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:25 pm

Activated Tower wrote:
animenologist wrote:Very nice, very nice indeed. Not even a week has gone by and we have racked up 5 pages worth of material to make what hopes to be a very nice article. And only 1 week and 3 days more to go, until we have to start wrapping it up when "The Key" finishes. But reading and thinking and debating this up until now has been a blast.

Unfortunately, Cartoon Network has changed the schedule again. Temptation and Contact are still airing Friday, Monday, and Tuesday, but False Start on Wednesday and Season 2 reruns (from New Order) starting Thursday.

As for a topic, how about how Odd and Yumi switched bodies in A Fine Mess (Did Jeremie go into details with that? I can't remember.)?

*checks schedule ... comes back* DARN IT ALL!!! :cussout: How long will CN keep toying with us like this. All this is just nuts. How many times have they did last minute rescheduling on us? Why must this continue to haunt us so, why? Why? WWWWWHHHHHYYYYYYYYYY?????? ;__; Well thats off my chest now.

As for your question, Jeremie stated that it was a bug in the normal materialization program that caused them to switch bodies. The program that controls normal devirtualization of the defenders. Whether this is Jeremie's fault or a problem with Lyoko depends on who created the materialization program. I would be guessing that it would be due to improper programming by the people who created Lyoko, since Aelita stated that the materialization program was ran by inhibitors that could be deactivated at Sector 5. Since it was in Sector 5, that meant the information was placed into the supercomputer, not the console, which goes with most of our prior conclusions.
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

PreviousNext