Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 8:39 am

Let's talk tech (Now with Glossary)!

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby DL » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:15 pm

the diagram helps cause before I was god dammed confused. I think that from now on people should include a diagram when talking about time travel cause it really helps.

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby YDV » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:15 pm

Dear GOD!! So this is what you guys do when I'm at school! o.O

Okay.. *reads back*

Well, it seems like TB3 answered most of the stuff I would've argued a point on. (since we ARE part of the Unholy Trinity we have to collaborate on these things :D)

...Ahh!! @.@ I was typing up a sort of summary but it seems you got to it first. You people post waaayyy too fast. And I like the diagrams! Very nice.

You know, we really SHOULD send this to AnteScoop (what i'm calling that fused company now) and see if they'll canonize it. Heck, we should present at the-- oh right. We'd get laughted at. :P
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby animenologist » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:19 pm

Genius is not always appreciated at its time of conception ;).
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby animenologist » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:29 pm

Yes, that makes perfect sesne. It explains in clear terms how Xana operated the RTTP in "A Great Day". By the way, since when am I called Jh, unless Jh told you about the rootkit before I did?
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JeremyHopper » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:33 pm

No, i didn't.

TB3 wrote:Am I sounding like a Jerk? Because I don't want to - I like your theories but I'm just pointing out the glitches I see in them - JeremyHopper pointed out a problem in mine and I went away and discovered something even more wonderful!

No, you're not a jerk. You just have a diffrent opninion, that's all. But thank you for wondering if you may be a jerk. But your not, in fact I'm very glad I get to have this conversation! So thanks.

And TB3, if your trying to put this all together into a sort-of article, man, you could get money with that!
I'm not saying you should, and please give all of us credit in whatever your making. Maybe you could give it to Star Way to post on the homepage.

I have another theory. What if the supercomputer can effect poeples minds? The supercomputer seesm to be able to manipulate atoms, such as seen in the scanners, so maybe every second the supercomputer is taking kinda a fingerprint of every atom in the world. Then, when they retunr to the past, it sets all the atoms to the time it took a photograph of according to the point jeremy wants to return to. Then it effects everyones mind to the original settings of that time accept jeremy and the gang.

okay dumb theory but what the heck I'm throwin' out ideas.
Last edited by JeremyHopper on Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Sean

I reject your reality and substitute my own. -Adam Savage
JeremyHopper offline

Postby JeremyHopper » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:36 pm

Let's start a new tech topic and stop with the RTTP, it's getting boring and we've already thought of every theory about it already.
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Postby JeremyHopper » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:46 pm

Okay! I got a new topic:

Materialization!

Meaning: Bringing virtual things to the real world.

whadda ya think?
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Postby animenologist » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:54 pm

In terms of pixelization, I'm think that the spector after gaining high amounts of energy from wandering a network uses its energy to manipulate a chosen target at every level, including atomically. When he possess something or someone, part of that energy also is used to create a digital link with the supercomputer so that Xana can control it directly. The spector is also able to absorb energy and matter surrounding its host to be able to manipulate it. That can be used to explain why the teddy bear became so giant in "Teddygozilla" and why possessed human beings are given supernatural powers, by using the extra material it has absorbed, similar to how alchemy works in Full Metal Alchemist. Humans are a lot harder to create a digital link with, so that is why it has taken so long to begin possessions. It can probably be linked to the extra power Xana would need to overcome due to our intelligence, so we would have a stronger mental resistence. Also going to Lyoko would submit the defenders to a similar energy signature as the spector. Since they have been constantly exposed to it, that would give there bodies a little more resistance, thus why Odd, Ulrich, and Yumi seem immune.

Just a little to put out there to get the ball rolling and the thinking juices flowing.

And yeah, no hard feelings :) .
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JeremyHopper » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:10 pm

What I mean by "MATERIALIZATION!" is of course every aspect but mostly I was thinkiong about HOW jeremy gets the dna for aelita. She's a completely 3d virtual form. If you look at a 3d wireframe you'll see that it's not very complex. But for aelita to be in the real world she would have to have a very complex body like us humans do.
So here's my theory.

Jeremy has to find some sort of signiture of aelita. Something he can convert to DNA data.
Before a baby is born, it's just dna. it's the instructions. then every part of it's body is created using the dna instructions.
Maybe jeremy ahd to find the blueprints for aelita's 3d modle. then, when materialized, would be reconstructed in human form. That would mean the only reason she didn't have a complex structure on lyoko was because of the limited rescorces of a computer, no matter how super it is.
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Postby animenologist » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:15 pm

Well if we were to expand on my theory of pixelisation, the necklace was created by his actually possessee in order to set up a direct connection to Xana without overshadowing. This has advantages over normal overshadowing since it doesn't use an energy spector, which people can resist if they built up they've been to Lyoko many times (which Aelita would have, she has been living there). But the disadvantage is that the chip only sets up a link to Xana and without the energy from the spectors, will be unable to gain the supernatural powers that comes with a normal overshadowing, atleast on Earth. Once she got to Lyoko, Xana could pour all his resources into Aelita, making her powers stronger than normal, thus she was able use her Lyoko manipulation powers multiple times without consequence.
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JeremyHopper » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:22 pm

TB3 wrote:Likewise do any of them have organs, do the monsters have mechanical systems, or are they all just animated wire-frames controlled by seperate conciousnesses.

I think they are.

TB3 wrote:Also, we know the kid's atomic and genetic structure have to be stored somewhere for the return trip, shouldn't Aelita's original be somewhere in the files (it seems increasingly likely she was Hopper's daughter after all).

When they return to the past, it only store data of real poeple it returns. Not virtual forms.
And when hopper virtualizaed aelita, I think XANA deleted her atom strcuture.
Or maybe Franz Hopper did it to keep her safe.
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Postby JeremyHopper » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:27 pm

I won't post for a while either.
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Postby Ninjaboi978 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:36 pm

Hi guys, i am kinda new to the fourms but this thread seems to really intrest me. Of course i am no genius i am very imagitive and some of the thing i have though up. First of all, like one of you said earlier(i cant exactly remember who) they expained how the RTTP program works and how it enters the world. Well in a sense XANA is lyoko. So continuing that theory the computer on the bottom floor that is XANA may be lyoko as well. That means that lyoko is located inside that computer.(of course it doesnt take a genius to figure that out) Anyway, there is a tunnel that stems from the bottom floor with XANA in it up through the tube into the world. As for how the how it fixes things i am in a way siding with DL with it. Not his exact theory but instead the fact that the RTTP may not really bring them to the past. Think of it this way. If XANA has the power to alter reality and destoy to planet then to an extent he can fix it. XANA is a program and as all programs, he too can be altered. The RTTP program doesnt rewind time, but instead XANA causeing every thing he has done to the earth to be undone. The problem is that once a person dies they are dead forever and unless they TRUELY go back in time, that cannot be fixed.

So what i am really trying to say is that the RTTP program is a Counter attack to a XANA attack. Sorry i couldnt expain my theory like any of you guys can. like i said, i am no genuis. I can probally guess right now that all of you guys will find something wrong with what i am saying, but you must keep in mind this is the first time i am ever really stating a CL theory and i didnt ever have anybody to point out what sounds wrong with it.

Ninjaboi978 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby animenologist » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:40 pm

Your best bet for materialization techno babble will come from the episodes "Just in Time", "Code Earth", and "Missing Link". In "Just in Time", Jeremie managed to materialize a hair of Aelita which contained a complete structure for her computer code. "Code Earth" had Jeremie explain how the actual program works very briefly before being cut off. And "Missing Link" talked greatly about virtual dna coding that is used by the supercomputer to recognize a being a person so that they can be devirtualized into the scanners.

And I probably should take a break aswell. This is getting a bit heavy, and I need time for the stuff to sink in.
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JeremyHopper » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:40 pm

Only one thing one with it. Lyoko is not really IN the super computer. It's a virtual reality controlled by the supercomputer. It's like a video game on your computer but more powerful.

And nice theorys! 8)
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Postby YDV » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:31 pm

And now that the heavy-hitters have taken a break, YD will do his best to join in. *i've been lurking around this thread but you guys've been going way too fast for me to keep up @.@*

Um.. I really think that they actualyl Return To The Past when they Return To The Past. It just sorta makes sense. lol

Anywho, about materialization.. you're right, JH, we would find a lot of the technobabble in those eps. However..

Here's my theory on Materialization:

On the supercomputer's hard drive, everyone who's been to Lyoko has a "file" on which their data like DNA, energy signature, normal biofeedback levels, etc-- in essence, the "Player Cards."

On these cards, there are three pools of data related to three different processes of virtualization. The "transfer" part-- their consciousness. This file is relatively empty while the person is not in Lyoko, except for perhaps a brain wave pattern so it racognizes who to put in what body, etc. The "scanner" part-- their body information, their DNA, their average heartbeat, vocal tone, everything pertaining to the "you" that isn't your mind. And finally, the "avatar" part, or as Esper so affectionately called it over at UMSD, the vDNA packet. This is the virtual DNA-- a replica of your real DNA structure converted to pure code. They are interchangeable. DNA can be converted into vDNA, and vDNA can be converted into DNA.

Information from the Body Scan is sifted through for your exact DNA structure, and that is stored as a file under the folder "Ulrich" or "Yumi" or whatever. That is used to create vDNA, which tells the Virtualization program how to construct your body in Lyoko. Since they are interchangeable, if there exists a vDNA packet, it can be converted into Biological DNA (or bDNA lol), and that is broken down into the pure information and sent to the scanners so they know how to molecularly reconstruct your body.

vDNA can be added to-- for example, enhanced strength, speed, and endurance needed on Lyoko. But for the person to be de-virtualized or materialized, that extra stuff needs to be taken out so you're properly reconstructed as a human being. This means that there are two files in the vDNA packet, the actual code, and the "Lyoko Powers" or costume or whatever.

In any case.. what I'm trying to say is that because vDNA code and real DNA are interchangeable, in essence that's all you need to be materialized.

But.

The problem with Aelita was that she had an incomplete vDNA packet-- she had basically enough vDNA to be constructed on Lyoko as a human female, and consisted mostly of the extra Lyoko stuff. The reason being was that she was either never scanned so that her entire DNA sequence could be harvested, or that her code was corrupted or the scan left unfinished.

Going along with my Used To Be A Real Girl theory, she was probably scanned using a primitive virtualization program-- Hopper hadn't quite worked all the bugs out yet-- or XANA somehow intervened with the scanner process and a lot of the Homo Sapien parts were lost.

So what Jeremie had to do with the Materialization Program in S1 was to complete her vDNA file. But, since he didn't know how to interchange vDNA to regular DNA, so he needed to create something to go through the process step by step. (it was likely that the DeVirt program was automatic and could only work if the person on Lyoko had been scanned.)

How d'ya like THEM apples?! :P (I realize it probably goes along at least in part with someone else's theory.. I didn't exactly read -everything- that was posted >.<; )
Last edited by YDV on Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext