Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:10 am

Let's talk tech (Now with Glossary)!

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby YDV » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:40 pm

JeremyHopper wrote:Only one thing one with it. Lyoko is not really IN the super computer. It's a virtual reality controlled by the supercomputer. It's like a video game on your computer but more powerful.

And nice theorys! 8)

NO. NO. NO NO NO NO NO. It is NOT! I am so very tired of having this argument with people.

Lyoko is NOT a parallel universe. It is a virtual one contained inside a quantum computer. It is VERY, PLAINLY obvious.

Reasons why:

1. Common Interest directly contradicts that theory. There was no "link" being destroyed. If that were to happen, Ulrich and Odd would've jsut been left alone in Lyoko with no way to contact Jeremie, not the Polar Region being -disintegrated-!
2. If it was a parallel universe, why on EARTH would it be possible to manipulate it with computer code?
3. It's just.. wrong!! According to that, even if Jeremie shut down the supercomputer, XANA would be able to access Earth through other means. It wouldn't be reasonable to believe that the lab is the only possible link to Lyoko if it was a parallel universe.
4. A whole bunch of others I don't feel like pointing out right now.

No hard feelings at all, thought, man. It's just... it's like saying that all the students and staff at Kadic are really just people XANA created using magic voo doo dolls or something. (sorry about the double post >.<)
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JeremyHopper » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:52 pm

YDV wrote:Lyoko is NOT a parallel universe. It is a virtual one contained inside a quantum computer. It is VERY, PLAINLY obvious.

That's what I said. It's a virtual world. But it's not like if you drill a hole in the side of the computer and you look through it you'll see the desert region. it's not real. None of lyoko is real. It is a program. in essence it is a video game.
Your right, it's not a parralel world. I didn't say that in the post you quited from me. I said the oposite.
~Sean

I reject your reality and substitute my own. -Adam Savage
JeremyHopper offline

Postby YDV » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:32 pm

...Oh. Sorry about that. *super sweatdrops*
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby DL » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:26 pm

I dont think so and I must agree about YDV's theory about the cards and virtualization. I mean now that a lot of it is figured out I can easily compare Lyoko to the matrix...wait a second. That gives me an idea. Lyoko is a virtual world. So it would need somekind of master program, like the arcetect in the matrix. What if XANA was this master program? It would give the towers a second purpose: altering and replacing programs in Lyoko as XANA writes improved ones. So in a sense he could be both an AI and Lyoko's OS. If he was the OS he would have almost un paralleled acess to the programs, through the towers. In an IOS (intelegent operating system) there would need to be a check in oreder to insure that if the OS were to go rouge that ot would be containable. Hence Aelita. But ofcoures this assumes that she was created virtually or uploaded as a last resort. Which would make more sense. So in essence she could have been virtualized inorder to save the world. A world in which Fraz Hopper might have died, hence the fact that he has not made an apperance yet. Sorry if someone thought of this but I didn't see this anywhere.

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby YDV » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:35 pm

I agree. I've always thought that was what XANA is.

I like the article idea, TB3.. although I believe it's Principle. ;) (remember, the principal is your PAL. thats how i remember!! lol im such a dork)

Downloeded every music file off the internet?! That's impossible! At the rate the net is growing ever single second, there's got to always be more. And wouldn't a quantum computer have Qubytes, not terrabytes?
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby DL » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:46 pm

XANA using trickery could just be to throw off Jeremy and the others. Because an AI would not have the kind of power that XANA has and an OS would not be evil and try to destroy stuff. The theorys (almost any theory except the virus one) would also explain the monsters. They could just be anti-viruses made to protect against viruses. Like white blood cells in a person.

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby YDV » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:05 pm

Like I said before.. I believe XANA is the Supercompy's OS equipped with Artificial Intelligence (sort of like oh, what's her name.. VIKI, from I, Robot, but on one quantum computer), that got infected by a macrovirus. (they use "super" too much in the show.. super calculator, super scan, super virus is too much. lol)

EDIT: Hmm.. good idea. It does go along with XANAHopper was saying in the Franz ep, though, and I kinda think he was lying.. but he may not've been!
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ninjaboi978 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:38 pm

XANA to me seems like an awesome AI with a HUGE virus in it. I think he looks kinda like does in "Is anybody out there" but thats just me. And about Lyoko being part of XANA what i meant was that the computer is the connection to lyoko, its what keeps it alive. (sorry if i worded it wrong before) If you drill a hole in the side of it.... well it would probally blow up in your face.

do any of you guys know how to program??? if so i say you should all work together to create a real lyoko. Not one with scanners and a Bugged ai trying to destroy the world. But like the 3d landscape and a few monsters (kinda like an mmorpg) at least.... until we have the technology to add scanners and make it like a second world. :D :D :D

Ninjaboi978 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby animenologist » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:48 pm

I also like the idea of an IOS. But I also think that there are more safeguards to Lyoko and Xana than just Aelita. As we've dwelt upon before, the complete system is separated into different components. Xana has access to most of Lyoko's resources and for the most part can operate and control it at will. But for the most part, I think the console probably has a bunch of firewalls to keep Xana out. Thus except through trickery or a willing pawn, he can not use the console. By creating the console to operate this way, it basically gives a human operator last word over Xana. Since only a human can have complete access to the console, only a human can use the RTTP program, any weapons or devices that are given to the defenders when they're virtualized, and also can control the use of the scanners for the most part. Though Xana can kinda get his foot in the door so to speak whenever Jeremie runs a program that directly connects with Lyoko's resources which I would assume what happened in Code Earth when he first ran his materialization program, through connection with Sector 5 as shown in "A Great Day", or he just might slowly be overcoming the consoles as he continues to get stronger. I think having the console be the only way to activate the RTTP, is in a way, a human having ultimate control over Lyoko.
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JeremyHopper » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:18 pm

Ninja who ever wrote: If you drill a hole in the side of it.... well it would probally blow up in your face.

do any of you guys know how to program??? if so i say you should all work together to create a real lyoko. Not one with scanners and a Bugged ai trying to destroy the world. But like the 3d landscape and a few monsters (kinda like an mmorpg) at least.... until we have the technology to add scanners and make it like a second world.

The drilling the hole was completely hypothetical.

And yes, I know how to program in any porgramming laguage you can throw at me. I prefer HTML and QBASIC.
I've already started a "real lyoko" project. It's working pretty well, though it works in qbasic. Which if any of you don't know is a DOS langauge.
QBASIC is a good language for poeple who don't know programming yet, you guys should look into it. You can get it free form just about anywhere and get it to work on any computer ina matter of minutes.
Monsters would need artificial intelligence. I've been working on that but it's not as easy as it seems.
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Postby animenologist » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:14 am

I would place virtualization programs in the supercomputer. As we've seen before, Xana has been able to virtualize things to the real world as seen in "A Bad Turn", "False Start", and "Image Problem". I believe the gang has acknowledged that Xana knows about materialization far before the gang did. I would also say its part of the supercomputer since in "Routine", Xana's attack was to manipulate the virtualization process so once virtualized, they won't be devirtualized. Also in that episode, Jeremie attempted to fix the problem by working directly at the supercomputer.

Though Xana can manipulate the virtualization program, only the console can control the scanners. This gives the operator control over who gets virtualized and who doesn't. As shown in "Image Problem" and "A Bad Turn", in order to stop them from being virtualized, Xana used his creation to destroy the scanners. Had Xana been able to have control of who gets virtualized, he wouldn't have needed to destroy the scanners to prevent Aelita's guardians from entering or getting out. Also in "False Start", all Jeremie needed to do to prevent the spread of the attack was to shut down the scanner Xana used for materialization, adding more weight to the scanners being controlled from the console. So its sort of a give and take between the two. It needs to remain on the supercomputer to make sure the information is safe from any mishaps on the return trip, but also makes sure the operator gets control on who gets in Lyoko.

I'd also place the "player-card" files on the console. In "The Chips Are Down", Xana needed to use the console in order to alter their avatars to feel realistic pain. XanaHopper in "Franz Hopper" used the console to alter their weapons to be more effective as well as to take them away. Same reason I would place the vehicles on the console, because the only other way to get rid of the vehicles other then destroying them is through the console.
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JeremyHopper » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:54 am

The diagrams are fine, just a lil' bit cinfusing.

Now, my AI engine, all of the monsters have their own ai, but all under XANA's authority sort-of. Even the ones that are usually alone, otherwise wouldn't the monsters want to leave XANA's control?
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Postby JeremyHopper » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:42 am

I can program but I need ideas on what exactly to program. If anyone has ideas for layouts or anything please make an example in paint or something and post it.
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Postby YDV » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:20 pm

Um... well I don't know a thing about coding, and it'd be kind of hard to make a -real- Lyoko (i.e. I don't think anyone has access to quantum computers, nuclear power cells, or exertanium coils.... let alone an abondoned factory that the gov't wouldn't find out about :P)

Anywho, I think the virtualization program is within the console only, the materialization and DeVirt in the supercomputer (because XANA was able to manipulate them) and the RTTP in either one, it's hard to tell.

Also, you know how the interface in Carthage is parallel to the console in the lab? Considering Sector 5 is completely under XANA's dominion, wouldn't he in essence be able to do anything Jeremie could? Or does the Operator have to manually give control over Lyoko to the interface operator? (Like how Jer had to switch it over to Carthage so Aelita could find the Sector 5 DeVirt program or whatever, during which he was unable to access anything)

[[sorry i haven't been around much-- i think i came down with some sort of virus, slept for 15 hrs straight (needless to say I missed school)]]
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby animenologist » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:59 pm

If we were going by TB3's design on how the hardware that makes up Lyoko is connected, the RTTP program is held in a separate component, the STM which works the return to the past. But as shown, the console has exclusive access to it.

As for the Carthage console, I have two thoughts about that. One is that its a way for Xana to connect directly the console, but can only be done with consent from both the console operator or the the one in Carthage.

Idea 2, which I consider more plausible is an extra safeguard against the Xana OS. If Xana were to act up or if they needed Xana's information to place human thought on it, they can download information directly from Xana and the super computer to figure out the problems or use its information for research. It seems to set up to work only on a one way connection, so that the console can access Xana's information, but the console can not directly be accessed by the supercomputer. That would explain why the console is locked out, to prevent the conole from transferring data to Xana as well as accidentally messing up the supercomputer software.

Also I would think that the security placed on Carthage is a defense on unauthorized usage and sabatoge of Xana's resources. First of course is the password, which allows them into Carthage. Next is the unusual layout and defenses to make sure those with familiarity of Lyoko and its workings to have a good chance of surviving. Last is the key and 3 min. countdown. If you're unable to do so in 3 mins, you are trapped in a virtual prison until extracted by the operator, since Carthage not only traps you in the sector, but you are not directly devirtualized unless given authorization by Xana. So in a way, this is a safeguard for Xana, against humans. You can't give humans complete control, especially for a military project. There has to be some clearance to prevent sabatage and stealing of confidential data.
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby DL » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:27 pm

basically I agree with idea 2. It goes completely with my idea about the towers holding certain data and being used as a check on XANA but even in sector five he would still have a small check, ie the lone tower in sector five would be his only chek in that area. to me I think we might have just cracked the Lyoko OS probelm! Or are close to doing so.

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby YDV » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:38 am

1.) This applies to my original theory about how RTTP/XANA attacks worked. A digital impulse would be the normal type of communication between computer chips, systems, etc. in the world of electronics. The way these manifest as objects in the real world would be that somehow the lines between that world and Earth would be blurred momentarily-- enough so that the suped-up impulst could come out as a Specter.

1.5) Considering "the world of electronics" and "the real world" aren't really seperate, a perhaps more plausible and simpler explanation would be that it is a sort of signal sent digitally through the networks (i'll get to that in part 4) and then converted into an electromagnetic impulse; once it gained enough energy by speeding through at an increased rate (like electromagnetic 'momentum') it is then possible for it to leave the cables via some kind of static discharge. In another sense, it might be kind of like speeding up molecules until they're going so fast they are able to pass through things (Okay, I'll admit it... I got that from Clockstoppers.. whatever... lol). Perhaps it's how to get regular energy to ZPE without using the STM or the scanners, too...

2.) I think most programs that have anything to do with Lyoko within itself or getting from Lyoko to Earth require towers. i.e. the super scan (although I suspect this uses the Holosphere program/projector), XANA attacks, probably RTTPs before they get to the STM device, Code: Earth Materialization (materializing someone without original vDNA *cough*Aelita*cough*-- these require special Passage Towers)

3.) idk, he may or may not've been using his for a guideline.. it would make sense if he wasnt; it might've just been because he was using it on Odd, but then again he's never done it before.. But I think the first is the best choice.

4.) The Networks... I think by this he means the networks within Boulogne-Billancourt (internal and external) and also possibly the Internet.

Any other questions? How 'bout this: Since when did XANA watch DBZ? :P
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext