Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 3:17 am

Let's talk tech (Now with Glossary)!

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby YDV » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:00 pm

Hmm.. good ideas, there. I also don't really get why the mix up was causing their atoms to split, though-- there really shouldn't have been any problem on an atomic level.
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby YDV » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:38 pm

Oh.. sorry, I typed that before I actually posted it-- after CL.

TB3 wrote:What was not explained was why their bodies began to break down - it was simply said that they were 'unstable' because of the mix-up. This might be because each body has a unique harmonic frequency/energy wavelength (or something similar - this is off the top of my head), and though travelling to Lyoko can alter one's signiture to a degree, those chages are constant to your whole body. Odd and Yumi basically had nervous systems on a different wavelenght to their bodies, and from there...BOOM!

That still doesn't explain why their atoms would split. Unless the harmonic energy wavelength goes all the way down to the subatomic level and is some type of nuclear force... perhaps having one thats' energy signature isn't your own would cause some sort of repelling action... but then.. aren't humans' atoms generally made of the same elements? Carbon, phosphorus, etc? How would there be a difference? Hmm.. perplexing. lol
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby animenologist » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:56 pm

Your De-Virtualization wrote:Oh.. sorry, I typed that before I actually posted it-- after CL.

TB3 wrote:What was not explained was why their bodies began to break down - it was simply said that they were 'unstable' because of the mix-up. This might be because each body has a unique harmonic frequency/energy wavelength (or something similar - this is off the top of my head), and though travelling to Lyoko can alter one's signiture to a degree, those chages are constant to your whole body. Odd and Yumi basically had nervous systems on a different wavelenght to their bodies, and from there...BOOM!

That still doesn't explain why their atoms would split. Unless the harmonic energy wavelength goes all the way down to the subatomic level and is some type of nuclear force... perhaps having one thats' energy signature isn't your own would cause some sort of repelling action... but then.. aren't humans' atoms generally made of the same elements? Carbon, phosphorus, etc? How would there be a difference? Hmm.. perplexing. lol

Who knows really. Maybe humans have a unique energy signature, like how all humans have unique fingerprints. And then tha whole repelling action thing you stated in your post. Or maybe all their times in Lyoko and exposure to ZPE may have gave them unique energy signatures that make them unstable when they're mixed together to closely (like having one person's consciousness in another person's body) or just made there bodies just unstable to change of their normal physiology. Maybe Xana-Hopper was telling the truth about risky consquences, what with cell degeneration, except with atomically degeneration. Just a few thoughts.

As for TB3's post, I have read it and I think its a good theory. I just wanted to put in another theory up for debate from my train of thought. Though it will take me a little thinking and re-reading in order to see if I can find a way to combine the 2 into a neat package. Give me a while to see if I can make them relate.
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby DL » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:04 pm

I personally belive that the degenration of their bodies was due to the fact that they had different brain wave patterns. Everyone was different brain wave patterns, they are kind of like a fingerprint. So if Yumi's body had Odd's brainwave patterns it might cause that fading and instability. Not sure because no one has tried it yet. But to me that makes the most sense.

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Activated Tower » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:04 pm

I personally like the energy signature idea.

Is there anything that can cause cell degeneration? I haven't ever heard of anything like that. If there is, maybe one of them can work in this situation.
Activated Tower offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby animenologist » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:52 pm

Activated Tower wrote:I personally like the energy signature idea.

Is there anything that can cause cell degeneration? I haven't ever heard of anything like that. If there is, maybe one of them can work in this situation.

Mutation, cancers, certain chronic diseases, old age, I believe space travel can cause degeneration of bone marrow if not kept in good physical condition. So quite a lot of things can cause cell degeneration.
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby YDV » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:22 am

You know what? I think they just might be able to do that. At first I was thinking that if they were virtualized, the "Lyoko" half of your vDNA packet would make up for any physical ailments, but then if they were de-virtualized, you would be reconstructed using the vDNA, and it could quite possibly not include whatever was wrong with you. Unless the vDNA packet is updated completely with every scan and it is -very- specific.. although... it might be possible to sift through all that and change a few things here and there. Hmm. I wonder if Jeremie's intererested in opening a "Cure Cancer" shop.

The reason why I doubt that the scanners use the vDNA from the first scan would be that it's illogical-- you wouldn't be the same "you" from before you were scanned. For instance... say Ulrich decided to get a tattoo to impress Yumi or something (not that it would happen.. but we're being hypothetical here.) If XANA suddenly activated a tower and they had to go to Lyoko, and he was virtualized, it would be no different. But then, say, he got hit by a Hornet and was de-virtualized. If the DeVirt program put his consciousness back together with the DNA converted from the vDNA from his first scan, he might come out and notice that his tattoo was missing-- same thing if they were wearing different clothes. It's just a bad idea.

And also, if that were the case, the gang would technically never age. Their minds would progress, sure, but their bodies would continue to be regenerated as they were from that first scan near the beginning of the school year. Add the RTTP's to that as well... it'd be like they were living the same section of their lives forever, practically!
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby animenologist » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:40 am

That be kinda hard to think about. The only document of an injured or somewhat disabled defender getting scanned was in "Cold War", when Odd stricken with extreme cold was placed into the scanner with the help of Jeremie. After coming out, he seemed in good shape.

After thinking about it for a bit with "Ghost Channel" that is a combination of what TB3 stated about RTTP and mind transfer, whille maintaining partial thoughts on how I think the supercomputer works, I think its like this. When a RTTP is activated normally, the mind travels back to its normal body after going through the tower and directed to its proper destination as stated with TB3's theory, which gives the capacitors the command to discharge scattering the atoms of the original body in the future. I still believe that the capacitors themselves are unaffected by the return trip, so they must discharge in order for them to be clear before the trip.

In the case of Ghost Channel, the memories are sent back and placed into Xana's virtual world. But without being directed to go back to their own minds, it never gave the signal for the capacitors to discharge, so the future bodies are still contained inside the capacitors, as they were left. As such, they then have bodies to enter when they are devirtualized. I believe this is the case, because if your original theory holds, TB3, Aelita would not have a body to be materialized to in "A Great Day", since they didn't go back to the past. Now Jeremie could of just recreate her body using his original materialization program, but they didn't let on about whether or not they did had to recreate her. Also if they did not have bodies to be devirtualized to, the final battle in "Ghost Channel" would have been incredibly dangerous, since the mind had no body to return to. Its a combination of TB3's mind transfer for the RTTP and some of my thoughts concerning the episode in question.
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JeremyHopper » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:49 am

TB3 wrote:
animenologist wrote:
Activated Tower wrote:I personally like the energy signature idea.

Mutation, cancers, certain chronic diseases, old age, I believe space travel can cause degeneration of bone marrow if not kept in good physical condition. So quite a lot of things can cause cell degeneration.

Yeah -and having your body destroyed and reconstructed and your mind converted in qubits and bytes on a daily basis is a pretty big health hazard.

I would have to agree. :D

TB3 wrote:This again leads to the old question of what else the scanners can do? For example can they reconstruct body-damage? If one of the kids was involved in a car-crash and had a high chance of death, could Jeremie save them by virtualising and de-virtualising them?

I seriously doubt it. When your virtualized I think that the scanner basicly remembers all of your atoms and where they are in your body. When devirtualized I think it puts all of the atoms back together. You'd end up back out with serious injuries. But, if you'd maybe stay in lyoko, then you wouldn't die, until you devirtulize.

But, if they dd the thing with Aelita and metirializeing her, maybe they could simply delete whoever is busted's real dna, then remake them on the computer and devirtulize them with that body.

TB3 wrote:As for the OS and programs - some would appear to be 'tamper-proof', as A Fine Mix points out about the Rematerialization program - they had to go to Carthage to turn off the modification blocks.

A Fine Mix? Now I'd like to see that episode. It's actually "A fine mess" and "final mix"

That's all....

YDV wrote:And also, if that were the case, the gang would technically never age. Their minds would progress, sure, but their bodies would continue to be regenerated as they were from that first scan near the beginning of the school year. Add the RTTP's to that as well... it'd be like they were living the same section of their lives forever, practically!

It almost seems like that's actually happening to them. Hmm. That would be a twist in the plot.

TB3 wrote: think it's a room between the scanner and the supercalculator rooms (there is a large empty space between the two according to offical diagrams), containing the various capacitor banks, the network connections to reality, a cryogenic plant for this equipment, a stock of blueprints and spare parts, and emergency diesel fuel-tanks and a generator which in power failure keeps the lights on, the elevator running and the supercomputer active just long enough to save everything and prevent data loss - hence why Lyoko did not vanish instantly when Jeremie flipped the power off in Common Interest.

I was wondering why lyoko didn't just vanish. Yeah, nice point! That makes sense.
~Sean

I reject your reality and substitute my own. -Adam Savage
JeremyHopper offline

Postby animenologist » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:09 am

JeremyHopper wrote:

TB3 wrote:This again leads to the old question of what else the scanners can do? For example can they reconstruct body-damage? If one of the kids was involved in a car-crash and had a high chance of death, could Jeremie save them by virtualising and de-virtualising them?

I seriously doubt it. When your virtualized I think that the scanner basicly remembers all of your atoms and where they are in your body. When devirtualized I think it puts all of the atoms back together. You'd end up back out with serious injuries. But, if you'd maybe stay in lyoko, then you wouldn't die, until you devirtulize.

But, if they dd the thing with Aelita and metirializeing her, maybe they could simply delete whoever is busted's real dna, then remake them on the computer and devirtulize them with that body.

Though that would give them Aelita's weakness aswell, the weakness of not being allowed to die on Lyoko lest they be gone forever. Their bodies would be a digital recreation, not their actual normal bodies recreated from virtual form. The better alternative would be to just stay alive and let the RTTP heal you. And again, I would think have some minor ailment curing properties. Odd seemed much better off coming out of the scanners, then going in in "Cold War". But again, would be nice to see what would happen if you go in injured. But thats a question to be left for the future.
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby animenologist » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:40 pm

I'd also like to pose a question for discussion. Since Aelita's materialization, she is, physiologically speaking, human. And yet she still has her weakness of not being able to be devirtualized normally. That would mean that supercomputer continues to see her differently than other humans. So what does that mean for her body when she is virtualized? We would think that she is devirtualized into the same body she entered with, as her clothes are still the same, unless Jeremie decided to change the program around so she shows up in her current outfit, but I don't see why he would go through something as trivial as that. So why despite having a human body is she still being treated differently?
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Reesane » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:41 pm

My idea on XANA

XANA can't be a viruse, because he's to complex and has a personality.

XANA is not the computer, because.... well, he woulden't have a personality Ither.

XANA IS an AI, because he has a personality that is minipuletive, crule, and unfealing

XANA is most likly tide to the computer and/or dosen't want to leave.
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JeremyHopper » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:47 pm

Two ideas on XANA being a virus:

I know most of you think XANA isn't a virus, and I don't think he is either, but if he was then the two explainations for it could be

a. A virus form the internet infected XANA (who's an AI) and just warped his programming, making him evil.

b. He's all-around just a virus. The thing is, it manifested inside the supercomputer and evolved into an AI because of the power and complxity of lyoko and the super computer.

THROUWIN' IDEAS OUT THERE!
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Postby animenologist » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:57 pm

Xana atleast has certain characteristics similar to a virus. How he operates is by inserting himself or linking himself to object and modifies according to his will. Viruses are still programs, so it is plausible that if we can program AI, we can give AI to viruses. We already have concluded he is not the complete system, given that he does not have complete control over Lyoko or most of the other systems for that matter. The console, the scanners, and the STM for the most part are under human control, which if Xana was the computer, could have easily blocked off or locked out. And even on Lyoko where Xana has dominion over, he can not stop certain operations without some work, like tower deactivation, or access to the Carthage console.

Though I still prefer the rogue AI, who during his conception was given domain over Lyoko, as a way to simplify and expediate normal Lyoko processes. Thats currently my theory of choice, until give evidence otherwise.
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JeremyHopper » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:27 pm

Another idea might be, that, XANA was an AI and got infected with a virus, but, here's the twist.
Maybe the goverment made the virus to stop Hopper from making lyoko.

THROWNING OUT IDEAS! MWAHAHAHAHA!
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Postby JeremyHopper » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:38 pm

No TB3, it's thanks to you for starting this thread!
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Postby JeremyHopper » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:57 pm

Do you live in the Uk, cause you spelled "honor" like "honour". Just asking.
I live in America. In fact I live in Pennsylvania, great state. Kinda boring but wherever anyone lives it always is boring till you go somewheres else!
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

PreviousNext