Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 4:59 am

Caption Contest?

This is a forum for anything directly connected to this website. This is NOT for Code Lyoko discussion

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Caption Contest?

Postby Star Way » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:01 pm

The tv.com people have been doing 'caption contests' that I think are kind of fun. Do you guys want to do them here? I don't especially want to keep adding one more website to my usual sites I visit just for a caption contest, so if we have them here, I wouldn't have to think about tv.com anymore. But I also don't want to do one here if no one thinks it's a good idea. :P

But anyway, what do you think? The contest threads would be held in the 'games' forum, and I'd probably get someone else to choose the pictures and post them.
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:02 pm

I think that would be quite entertaining!
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby MY85 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:17 pm

Go for it, Erynn. And who would be the judges, btw?

Edit: The BBCode at tv.com is messed up (Dylan messed up one of his contests by that). We should handle a caption contest here. Dylan's idea of pulling it at tv.com wasn't a bad idea. I think we should try it here, no matter what.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Stephen (x1) » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:20 pm

Sure I'd like that...But maybe BKO material?
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:21 pm

x1 wrote:Sure I'd like that...But maybe BKO material?

I also thought of it, since Dylan didn't award me some sick posts I did there...
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Star Way » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:31 pm

I think the restrictions specified in the Games forum should give you all plenty of freedom caption-wise (basically, I'm just asking that you avoid the f-word and heavily explicit material... anything else is fine).

I haven't decided yet who would be the judge. I think if we were going to do this, I'd want to have different people be the judge for each contest. But I'm still devising a plan... *rubs imaginary mustache thoughtfully*
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:33 pm

Speaking of restrictions, I'm thinking about bringing here the topic "Things They Would Never Say/Do" on LF. The original author is Linii-chan, and I just want an answer from her (or Erynn) aobut putting it into CL Discussion, Games or BKO. What you say?
MY85 offline

Postby Star Way » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:34 pm

CL discussion would be fine, I think.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:38 pm

Star Way wrote:CL discussion would be fine, I think.

Maybe, if a bit of freedom could be allowed. But it fits good...
MY85 offline

Postby Star Way » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:09 pm

*sigh* I know you guys like to be able to be... 'free' and junk like that, but I don't want LF to be known just as 'the forum where people are allowed to cuss'. 'Things they would never say/do' can go in BKO or games if it absolutely has to, but the fact of the matter is that I wish you guys would show a little restraint sometimes for the sake of holding actual CL discussion, not just laughing about dirty CL-related jokes...

In any case... put it where you must, I guess.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby GOGOLINIICHAN! » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:32 pm

You have my permission to bring that thread back (if Erynn agrees, of course). =D
I <3 Stephen
[icon by meee, liniichan@lj]
GOGOLINIICHAN! offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Little Vili » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:33 pm

so how exactly does the caption contest work...what do we do to win?
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Star Way » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:37 pm

Caption contests work like this: a person (who will be the judge) chooses three screen caps from CL, and posts them. Everyone else's job is to look at the caps and make up what funny things the characters in them are saying. Then the judge will read all the submissions over and rank them for each picture. There are three winning caps for each screen grab.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby 4lpha0mega » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:13 am

reminds me of neopets, although i havnt played it in years, sounds good though
4lpha0mega offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby vertig73 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:36 pm

am a member of tv.com and there caption contest is great but the latest one caption6 got deleted
vertig73 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby MY85 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:39 pm

vertig73 wrote:am a member of tv.com and there caption contest is great but the latest one caption6 got deleted

Yeah, the spam... but Dylan really stinks for rating pics...
MY85 offline

Postby Star Way » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:42 pm

TheBloodyOneIsMe wrote:
vertig73 wrote:am a member of tv.com and there caption contest is great but the latest one caption6 got deleted

I don't like badmouthing people, but yes he does. XD I made this insanely cool one for week 2 (or so I thought) and I didn't even place in any of the final results. I tried again up until week 4, when I just decided I was out of there. :P

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Doggiegal » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:05 pm

Star Way wrote:
TheBloodyOneIsMe wrote:

I don't like badmouthing people, but yes he does. XD I made this insanely cool one for week 2 (or so I thought) and I didn't even place in any of the final results. I tried again up until week 4, when I just decided I was out of there. :P

Sometimes he picks the LAMEST captions...
Doggiegal offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby MY85 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:07 pm

Star Way wrote:
TheBloodyOneIsMe wrote:

I know!! He only ranked well #2 and #3, the others sucked, specially those made by AngelBolt.

But now you can lock this thread because the Caption Contest is alive!!
MY85 offline