Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:13 am

Recent Flooding

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Recent Flooding

Postby Gadget » Mon May 10, 2010 11:51 pm

Hello Gadget is back from the world of water

As some of you may know I live in Southern IL, And along the Ohio River. Which, over the past week, has been flooding. I am sure no matter where you live in the US you have seen on the news Nashville flooding. Well It just so happens that apparently the main server that handles my internet connection with Comcast was under water so for the past 4 or so days I have been without internet.

Luckily I live high enough I really didn’t have to worry about the water. Although our fire department spent Thursday and Friday sandbagging. But because of this my internet has been down. On top of that the storage room at my place of work flooded. We had a brand new HP RAID server in there which cost $10,000 that got soaked ;__; .

Well it finally is back up to 100%, the water is going down, and I was wondering if the flooding had affected anyone else?
Gadget offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Rho » Tue May 11, 2010 2:38 am

...This is actually pretty much the first I've heard of it. Wow.

Flooding is extremely rare in most areas of the west, (but we have been getting tons and tons of rain lately...at least that means no water rationing or whatever its called) so I don't have any experience when it comes to flooding, but I wish the best for the displaced people there.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter