Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 7:18 pm

Rurouni Kenshin

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:39 pm

Starlight wrote:Funny scene, first episode. Right near the very end. Dr.Gensai is treating Kenshin's wound.

Dr.Gensai:Stop moving around so much.
Kenshin:Well it hurts.
Ayame and Suzume:Cry baby! Cry baby!

I found that scene amusing. :)

It's so cute. ^_^ I love Ayame and Suzume. It's always weird for me to read the manga since they're not in it. And they brought out such a cute side of Kenshin. I loved when he was teaching them how to do laundry and they kept echoing his instructions. :)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Manga

Postby Saphire-089 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:55 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
Starlight wrote:Funny scene, first episode. Right near the very end. Dr.Gensai is treating Kenshin's wound.

Dr.Gensai:Stop moving around so much.
Kenshin:Well it hurts.
Ayame and Suzume:Cry baby! Cry baby!

I found that scene amusing. :)

It's so cute. ^_^ I love Ayame and Suzume. It's always weird for me to read the manga since they're not in it. And they brought out such a cute side of Kenshin. I loved when he was teaching them how to do laundry and they kept echoing his instructions. :)

I love those two. :)

Is there any major differences between the manga and the Anime? If there's a difference in artwork, can you give me an example? I don't think I've seen the manga, unless it's the one Toonami used to play.
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Re: Manga

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:49 pm

Starlight wrote:Is there any major differences between the manga and the Anime? If there's a difference in artwork, can you give me an example? I don't think I've seen the manga, unless it's the one Toonami used to play.

There is and there isn't. There's next to no difference in the artwork, other than that the manga looks like a manga (comic book style and such), and the anime has that anime quality to it. Toonami used to play the anime, but never got to season 3.

Interestingly it is at the end of season 2 and the entirety of season 3 that there is the biggest schism between the manga and the anime. At the time the 3rd season was in production Watsuki had not finished the third story arc (Jinchu) for the manga yet. So rather than wait and possibly lose steam, the studio created a whole season of OAV RK episodes. Season 3 is okay, but it did make some deviations from certain RK protocol, mainly the notion that "magic" of any kind does not exist in that world.

The manga and the anime don't differ very much character-wise (other than with a small exchange of minor characters and continuity, as well as the presence of Ayame and Suzume). But they do differ exceedingly in how they end. I won't tell you how they end (although spoilers can be found somewhere in this thread), but the anime's ending, told in the OAV movie, "Reflections", is entirely too sad. The manga has a happy ending, which is the one I go by. Watsuki wanted a happy ending for his characters, and I thought they deserved one too. ^_^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous