Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:02 am

Katrina tribute

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Lotho » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:58 pm

Enki Ishiyama wrote:I believe in God and id be sad if I found out you dont.

Sorry to hear that I hurt your feelings then.
Lotho offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Star Way » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:03 pm

Enki Ishiyama wrote:I believe in God and id be sad if I found out you dont.

Hmm... not to go off-topic, but I do have to say I feel somewhat sorry for you, Enki; there are a lot of athiests out there and there's absolutely nothing wrong with them. Isn't it a little too judgemental to say you're sad for them?
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Lotho » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:09 pm

Wow someone agreeing with me? Thats a first, anyways it is a bit off topic.

Hundredth post!
Lotho offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Enki » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:32 pm

Thats what everyone says about me that im judgemental. But with all due respect, if you cant have faith, I feel sorry for you.
This user has been banned.
Enki offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Star Way » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:35 pm

So *basically* what you're saying is that unless someone has the same beliefs as you, you don't like them? That's pretty sad. No offense.
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby vertig73 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:37 pm

I believe in God but some people dont its because they choose not to.
vertig73 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Enki » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:41 pm

I admit that I dont like Celahir Ciryatan the same way anymore since he said hes an atheist. So I am a little judgmental. Like his nonbelieving ways, I dont think that thing about me might change. I just feel that you should believe in God cause you know he loves you.
Enki offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Doggiegal » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:48 pm

Enki Ishiyama wrote:Thats what everyone says about me that im judgemental. But with all due respect, if you cant have faith, I feel sorry for you.

I go to church (and am going to minister at the mass my school has on Friday), but I don't think you should pity those who don't believe. I don't understand why everyone makes such a big hullabaloo about religion.
Doggiegal offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:53 pm

I've said before that I'm Christian, but I really don't pity those who don't believe what I believe. I try to live and let live, and I have good friends from just about every major religion. I can't see any point in alienating people simply because they don't have the same faith as me, if I did that I would be a social recluse.
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Enki » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:28 pm

Mom and I had a talk about this and weve agreed that ill try to be more flexible in this matter. I dont wanna alienate anyone so if youll accept my appology, ill be satisfied.
Enki offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Lotho » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:18 pm

Star Way wrote:Hmm... not to go off-topic, but I do have to say I feel somewhat sorry for you, Enki; there are a lot of athiests out there and there's absolutely nothing wrong with them. Isn't it a little too judgemental to say you're sad for them?

Before I read this I had not read the "Do you go to church?" thread. And I just now saw it when I was looking up who was what religions.

Enki Ishiyama wrote:Thats what everyone says about me that im judgemental. But with all due respect, if you cant have faith, I feel sorry for you.

I can have faith and I do, not in an almighty being but in scientific deduction. I see religion as an aide in which we as humans may grasp our potential that is hidden by our concious mind and a way for one to seek comfort when they are the only one left.

Doggiegal wrote:I go to church (and am going to minister at the mass my school has on Friday), but I don't think you should pity those who don't believe. I don't understand why everyone makes such a big hullabaloo about religion.

People care about religion because essentially people are brought up seeing that God is is part of them, realistically it is, but saying the result of such might be offending.

I have a Christain father and a Budhist mother, this helped me find an open-mind for it.I make a big deal about religion because since a early age I have been seeking ideological justice. A state in which would render every human equal. For spending so much time philosophizing on a ideological world I have come to support my reasoning very strongly.

Enki Ishiyama wrote:I admit that I dont like Celahir Ciryatan the same way anymore since he said hes an atheist. So I am a little judgmental. Like his nonbelieving ways, I dont think that thing about me might change. I just feel that you should believe in God cause you know he loves you.

As an atheist I feel that it is easier to interperete other religions because I don't have standards in which to bias my opinion on. I feel that one should believe in him/her self for strength and have faith that your friends and family love you.

And I never specifically said I was an atheist, don't forget the pagens/neo-pagens! (wiccans are neo-pagans).

Enki Ishiyama wrote:Mom and I had a talk about this and weve agreed that ill try to be more flexible in this matter. I dont wanna alienate anyone so if youll accept my appology, ill be satisfied.

In short I accept your apology. I would also like to say that I am happy how you handled the situation and sought knowledge from a loving family member. Although your respect for me may dwindle my respect for you will not change.
Last edited by Lotho on Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lotho offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Enki » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:43 pm

Im glad you accepted my apology and I wanna say I will not lose respect for you no matter what your beliefs are. And to get this post back on topic, me and my parents are gonna buy some water for the Katrina victims and recycling some CocaCola cans for them.
Enki offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:52 pm

My school handed out lists todays of things to donate. We have a trucking company working with us that will take the supplies we gather down to Louisiana.
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.

~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Re: Katrina tribute

Postby 101sissyhater » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:11 pm

Little Vili wrote:I've been going through a lot of webcomic sites lately, and it seems that they're all doing something to help those who lost homes and/or families in our recent disaster.

While we all b**** about gas skyrocketing, and such, we havent really taken the time to consider what they lost. Sure we know what they lost, but we dont even have room to complain about anything. 1000's dead...homes wrecked...people starving. This is whats happening as we live out our daily lives.

We take so much for granted that we dont even know. Even a cup of water someone would kill for down there. And it just kinda ticks me off how I hear so many people with their issues, when they dont even have 1/100 of problem like this to deal with (Im guilty of this as well).

I think we should all take our time to pay our respects to those who were lost in this tradegy. We may not be able to pay cash, or...we actually may be able too. But the very least we can do is hope that people can be reunited with their familes again, and that those who are still alive can find a home.

As I keep thinking about it, I cant help but feel bad that Im able to sit here and just post away while I sit at my computer. Just remember guys, no matter what you have, be thankful for it. Some people dont have even a shirt to put on their back right now. Even if I had crappy aol again, I'd even thank god for that.

Its times like this that really bring the nation together. And as history shows us, its happened before. Think of 9/11, thats just one example of when our nation started to pitch in. Its kinda wierd how many lives have to be lost, just for our nation to be little more together.

i donated some stuff with my school today. I donated feminine products (girls imagine menstration w/o pads. awful. i've had to deal with this before.), toliet paper (self-explanitory), tuna, corn, and water bottles. i also plan to donate money. i have to make signs for student council.

101 says: i made a pic for devaintart
I love My little Seimei the Chipmunk!!!!
Gaahhh!!!! Ghost-san!! Don't eat that pepperoni!!! Nuuuuuu!!
101sissyhater offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Doggiegal » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:30 pm

101sissyhater wrote:
Little Vili wrote:I've been going through a lot of webcomic sites lately, and it seems that they're all doing something to help those who lost homes and/or families in our recent disaster.

While we all b**** about gas skyrocketing, and such, we havent really taken the time to consider what they lost. Sure we know what they lost, but we dont even have room to complain about anything. 1000's dead...homes wrecked...people starving. This is whats happening as we live out our daily lives.

We take so much for granted that we dont even know. Even a cup of water someone would kill for down there. And it just kinda ticks me off how I hear so many people with their issues, when they dont even have 1/100 of problem like this to deal with (Im guilty of this as well).

I think we should all take our time to pay our respects to those who were lost in this tradegy. We may not be able to pay cash, or...we actually may be able too. But the very least we can do is hope that people can be reunited with their familes again, and that those who are still alive can find a home.

As I keep thinking about it, I cant help but feel bad that Im able to sit here and just post away while I sit at my computer. Just remember guys, no matter what you have, be thankful for it. Some people dont have even a shirt to put on their back right now. Even if I had crappy aol again, I'd even thank god for that.

Its times like this that really bring the nation together. And as history shows us, its happened before. Think of 9/11, thats just one example of when our nation started to pitch in. Its kinda wierd how many lives have to be lost, just for our nation to be little more together.

i donated some stuff with my school today. I donated feminine products (girls imagine menstration w/o pads. awful. i've had to deal with this before.), toliet paper (self-explanitory), tuna, corn, and water bottles. i also plan to donate money. i have to make signs for student council.

101 says: i made a pic for devaintart

We do a penny war at my school (coins & dollars add to your score, so put them in your jar; pennies subtract; put them in the other classes' jars)...plus, my class (and the rest of the school) has to bring in canned foods for our mass Friday.
Doggiegal offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Little Vili » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:20 am

you dont have to quote the whole thing you know (that would be better if you didnt) just highlight and copy what you want to quote. When you press the "quote" button on the reply page just add ="what ever username it is". Incase you didnt know.
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby OB-waN » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:36 am

Let me help you kids out.

Enki, if you really beleave in GOD them you know that you HAVE TO love everybody even if they don't think like you or pray like you.

When I said that you should thank the Lord everyday I meant that you could have died this moring or after school you could get hit with a car and go to the ER. Everyday, is a new day to live. Now, I know that thier are people at this forum who don't beleave in GOD. And that's cool with me, I'm not here to judge you, that's between you and GOD, who ever you make him out to be. I think of him as Jesus, some he something esle.

Now, my job is not to get you pray like me or do everything I do, cause even I fall from grace from time to time. My job is to tell you about my GOD and then you make your mind AFTER I tell you about him, OK

So thier is no pushing to make you worship like me, after all that's what makes the world a crazy cool place to be in.

So, I cool with everybody here OK???? Sorry if I made anyone mad over this

OB-waN offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Location: In some galaxy, fighting with my Ominwrench 8000!!!

Postby MY85 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:48 pm

Doggiegal wrote:We do a penny war at my school (coins & dollars add to your score, so put them in your jar; pennies subtract; put them in the other classes' jars)...

*:rofl: because of imagining it as Dollar Wars* Sorry, but it sounded funny...
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Doggiegal » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:26 pm

TheBloodyOneIsMe wrote:
Doggiegal wrote:We do a penny war at my school (coins & dollars add to your score, so put them in your jar; pennies subtract; put them in the other classes' jars)...

Ooooo-ka-ay... :umm:
Doggiegal offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby MY85 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:39 am

Doggiegal wrote:
TheBloodyOneIsMe wrote:

Ooooo-ka-ay... :umm:

Sorry if I offended you, just in case,
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:25 am

Doggiegal wrote:We do a penny war at my school (coins & dollars add to your score, so put them in your jar; pennies subtract; put them in the other classes' jars)...plus, my class (and the rest of the school) has to bring in canned foods for our mass Friday.

We did those in junior high, except we reverse it, so you wanted pennies and silver coins oe dollar bills subtracted money. It was fun, certain classrooms would go to war over it.
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.

~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby MY85 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:43 am

Ransomed_Heart wrote:
Doggiegal wrote:We do a penny war at my school (coins & dollars add to your score, so put them in your jar; pennies subtract; put them in the other classes' jars)...plus, my class (and the rest of the school) has to bring in canned foods for our mass Friday.

We did those in junior high, except we reverse it, so you wanted pennies and silver coins oe dollar bills subtracted money. It was fun, certain classrooms would go to war over it.

Hahaha!! I'm picturing that already in third world countries... XD
MY85 offline

Postby Doggiegal » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:09 pm

Ransomed_Heart wrote:

Hehe...my friend lied to a little kid who asked her which grade she was in. He put the stuff in that grade's jar...we had to run down the hallway so the kids wouldn't hear us laugh...^^
Doggiegal offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Lotho » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:20 pm

Ransomed_Heart wrote:

Same here, it was class against class, mine won by over 20$ worth. That means we put at least 20,000 pennies in, plus the amount other people put in.
Lotho offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Paige » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:25 pm

I have about $300 saved up. From about 3 years of saving it up. I plan on sending it all to the Salvation Army.
¿Qué es poesía?, dices mientras clavas
En mi pupila tu pupila azul.

¡Qué es poesía! ¿Y tú me lo preguntas?
Poesía eres tú.
Paige offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

PreviousNext