Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 2:43 pm

Rurouni Kenshin

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Little Vili » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:12 am

Enki Ishiyama wrote:I didnt like Enishi's look in "Trust" & "Betrayal" since he looked to me too much like a Yahiko lookalike. But in "Reflection" I liked his outfit, his shades, and his hair (I want blue hair ;__; ).

then dye your hair blue or something...*edit* heck, I did once.
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby vertig73 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:15 am

you dyed your hair blue
vertig73 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby GOGOLINIICHAN! » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:48 pm

I dyed some of my hair blue once. Two chunks in the front on either side, while the rest on the sides and in the back was left my natural color. After a while I got sick of it and the hair was white in the front (because it had to be bleached to make the blue stay.. well.. blue), eventually turning blonde and then back to the natural color. xD
I <3 Stephen
[icon by meee, liniichan@lj]
GOGOLINIICHAN! offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby vertig73 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:53 pm

why did you die your hair in chunks
vertig73 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Little Vili » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:36 pm

some people dont like to dye it all at once, and sometimes it lookes better.
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby vertig73 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:21 pm

yer some people do look better when they dont dye there hair and when they do
vertig73 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Saphire-089 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:47 pm

I just saw the ending to Reflections(Anime)It was so sad! ;__; Kenshin died in Kaoru's lap.

Anyways, give any spoilers away you want! :) I guess I didn't pay attention to the warning part.
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Enki » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:08 pm

If you thought Enishi has "letting go" issues, check out Shinn Asuka from Gundam Seed Destiny. Hes been the same way since the beginning of the show and he probably wont let go until the very last episode and Destiny has 50 episodes. Youd think he wouldve let some of it slide by the 30s or 40s.
Enki offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:30 pm

Enki Ishiyama wrote:If you thought Enishi has "letting go" issues, check out Shinn Asuka from Gundam Seed Destiny. Hes been the same way since the beginning of the show and he probably wont let go until the very last episode and Destiny has 50 episodes. Youd think he wouldve let some of it slide by the 30s or 40s.

Lol...you've got me there. XD But seriously, anyone with eyes can see Kenshin didn't mean to kill Tomoe. And it's sort of inferred that Tomoe's been trying to spiritually tell Enishi to let it go, but he keeps misinterpreting it. ^^; I don't know...he's just so stubborn. X)

"Reflections" is insanely sad...which is why I don't like it all that much. It doesn't fit in with the rest of the RuroKen story. RuroKen was supposed to be serious at times, but also uplifting (in that there's always a chance of living a happy, peaceful life). "Reflections" really didn't take that into account. But, what's done is done, I suppose. ^^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Enki » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:05 pm

Sanosuke seemed to have some "letting go" issues when they first introduced him. He hated Kenshin because he was an imperialist and because the imperialists killed his friend and captain Sagara whom Sanosuke takes his last name after. One would have to wonder what was Sano's real last name.
This user has been banned.
Enki offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:09 pm

Enki Ishiyama wrote:Sanosuke seemed to have some "letting go" issues when they first introduced him. He hated Kenshin because he was an imperialist and because the imperialists killed his friend and captain Sagara whom Sanosuke takes his last name after. One would have to wonder what was Sano's real last name.

Good point. Almost all of the guys on this show had "letting go" issues...even Kenshin to an extent. Except Yahiko, I think, but he was much younger than anyone else anyway (even Souji). XD

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Enki » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:53 pm

There was a couple of episodes that I didnt watch completely in which Kenshin and the gang are under attack on a boat by a group led by a "boy" who turns out to be a girl and when she kidnaps Kenshin and goes to their island hideout she falls in love with him kinda. Theres one of her assistants thats in love with her and a bad assistant who wants to kill Kenshin. I didnt watch the episode where everything gets straightened out and whether the girl and the assistant got together.
Enki offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:14 pm

Enki Ishiyama wrote:There was a couple of episodes that I didnt watch completely in which Kenshin and the gang are under attack on a boat by a group led by a "boy" who turns out to be a girl and when she kidnaps Kenshin and goes to their island hideout she falls in love with him kinda. Theres one of her assistants thats in love with her and a bad assistant who wants to kill Kenshin. I didnt watch the episode where everything gets straightened out and whether the girl and the assistant got together.

Arrr...that be the pirate arc! (Ok I'll stop.) Yeah! That's a pretty good episode arc, and one of my favorites. The girl's name was Shura. And the assistant's name was Sarujirou (not to be confused with my fave, Soujiro). I can tell you what happens at the end of the series but I have to make sure you want the spoilers for it. Would you like me to tell you what happened? ^_^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Enki » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:16 am

Spoil away. :D
Enki offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:59 pm

Spoiling

Now I'm not sure how much you saw, but most of the pirates were planning to mutiny against Shura because she was too "honorable" a pirate. They had struck a deal with a drug merchant over shipping illegal stores of Opium, in return for some ammunitions (and a serious gun powder bomb). Shura was injured during the mutiny, and Kenshin ended up carrying them both to safety (he first jumped off a high cliff in order to fool the pirates into thinking they were dead).

Kenshin finds Sarujirou and the two of them tend to Shura's wounds. Shura heals, and then tries to kill herself because she's been betrayed by her crew. Kenshin stops her and with a few choice words convinces her to carry on. Meanwhile Kaoru, Sanosuke and Yahiko (who've been looking for Kenshin), have escaped Shura's ship (which exploded), and are now on the island Kenshin is and are looking for him.

Eventually Shura sneaks away to confront her mutinous crew and challenges the new leader to a duel, she rightfully wins, but he then cheats and injures her further during the battle. As he moves to kill her, Kenshin intercepts and defeats him along with a few other pirates. The lead pirate gets angry and in a massive act of stupidity lights the huge bomb, in an attempt to kill them both...failing to realize that the bomb will blow up much of the area within a 30 foot radius. The bomb blows up, all the bad pirates disappear with it, and a huge fire consumes the forest on the island.

Kaoru, Sanosuke, and Yahiko, (hearing the explosion) arrive at the edge of the forest and are horrifed to see it on fire. Kaoru worries that Kenshin might have been it, and the three stand there not knowing what else to do. Luckily though, Kenshin emerges from the flames, carrying Shura (who's out cold), and everyone's happy to see each other again. The arc ends with Shura leaving the destroyed island with Sarujirou and the only other living pirate still loyal to her, to seek a new pirating career. Kenshin, Kaoru, Sanosuke, and Yahiko say their goodbyes to them, and the episode ends.

It's not a half-bad story arc...but it does have quite a few plotholes in it. But it's not awful, IMO. Hope this was helpful to you. ^_^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Enki » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:12 pm

Doesnt it hurt Soujiros face to smile so much even when killing his enemies? My face would need some ice after so much smiling. Also think Shishios girlfriend, dont know her name (the one with the revealing kimono), is hot.
Enki offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Saphire-089 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:30 pm

Enki Ishiyama wrote:Doesnt it hurt Soujiros face to smile so much even when killing his enemies? My face would need some ice after so much smiling. Also think Shishios girlfriend, dont know her name (the one with the revealing kimono), is hot.

Soujiro lacks emotions. he smiles because he's too used to it, because he was abused as a child (My theory anyways). Kenshin had a very hard time predicting Soujiro, because Soujiro lacks any emotions, and one of the strong points in the Hiten Mitourugi(Did I spell that right?) Style is to be able to read your opponents emotions.

Shishio's Girlfriend's name Is Yumi.
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:33 pm

~UlrichAndYumi4Ever~ wrote:Soujiro lacks emotions. he smiles because he's too used to it, because he was abused as a child (My theory anyways). Kenshin had a very hard time predicting Soujiro, because Soujiro lacks any emotions, and one of the strong points in the Hiten Mitourugi(Did I spell that right?) Style is to be able to read your opponents emotions.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Soujirou also smiles all the time because it became a reflex to keep his guardians from beating him harder. They got sick of bullying someone who smiles through it all. So he smiles to avoid further pain. It's also a very good unintentional intimidation strategy. It's is seriously scary to fight someone to the death who's smiling at the thought of it. O_o

Yumi...*snickers* I always wanted to do a x-over of the CL gang watching RK on TV and a certain day student's reaction to another character's name...but I thought yumi's been picked on enough in the series as it is. ^^;

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:51 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
~UlrichAndYumi4Ever~ wrote:Soujiro lacks emotions. he smiles because he's too used to it, because he was abused as a child (My theory anyways). Kenshin had a very hard time predicting Soujiro, because Soujiro lacks any emotions, and one of the strong points in the Hiten Mitourugi(Did I spell that right?) Style is to be able to read your opponents emotions.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Soujirou also smiles all the time because it became a reflex to keep his guardians from beating him harder. They got sick of bullying someone who smiles through it all. So he smiles to avoid further pain. It's also a very good unintentional intimidation strategy. It's is seriously scary to fight someone to the death who's smiling at the thought of it. O_o

That's why I love Soujio so much ^_^. For some odd reason I am fascinated by a guy who can look you in the eye and smile while he kills you. I suppose that makes be a bit strange...
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Enki » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:57 pm

Remember during the Meiji arc, there was an episode featuring a character named Yutaro Tsukayama. He was a kid who sparred a lot with Yahiko and he really admired his master though he was a bit of a bad guy who fought with Kenshin.
Enki offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:58 pm

I remember that kid. I found him rather annoying, if I recall correctly.
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:10 pm

Ransomed_Heart wrote:That's why I love Soujio so much ^_^. For some odd reason I am fascinated by a guy who can look you in the eye and smile while he kills you. I suppose that makes be a bit strange...

I just like his smile...period. :D And you're not strange at all. We are Soujiro fans united! ^_^

The Yutaro storyline is an interesting one. He actually first debuts in a three episode arc in the first episode. Raijuta, a huge guy with a sword that can shake the earth apart in a single swipe, is his "sensei". It's a pretty cool storyline. I'm kind of neutral on Yutaro, but I do adore Kenshin in the Raijuta arc. He pulls some amazing stunts and moves in it...and we get to see Battousai again. ;)

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Enki » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:19 pm

Question about the pirate arc: did Shura and Sarujirou get together in the end? I seem to recall Sarujirou had feelings for Shura and when Kenshin talked to him about it, he was embarrassed.
Enki offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:57 pm

Enki Ishiyama wrote:Question about the pirate arc: did Shura and Sarujirou get together in the end? I seem to recall Sarujirou had feelings for Shura and when Kenshin talked to him about it, he was embarrassed.

Not officially, no. One can infer that they eventually would come to realize their feelings, but they never did in the series itself, unfortunately.

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Enki » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:09 pm

How unforgettable is that hug Kenshin gives Kaoru when she doesnt want him to go? Then after it, he leaves to go to his masters place and shes left all alone crying. Gets me every time. Another good example of their love is the Jinei Udo arc where Jinei wants Battousai to come out and eventually it does and just when Battousai is about to deliver the killing blow to Jinei, Kaoru stops him and he becomes normal again. She manages to come out of the spell Jinei has her under to stop Kenshin from killing again.
Enki offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

PreviousNext