Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 pm

Ouran High (School) Host Club

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Ouran High (School) Host Club

Postby codeTONY » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:25 pm

"Ouran High School Host Club is a story that takes place primarily at Ouran High School. The school is an exclusive institution reserved only for students from incredibly wealthy and affluent families. One exception is scholarship student Haruhi Fujioka, a young student from a lower-middle class family. Because of the superlative cost of the school uniform, Haruhi resorts to wearing long slacks, polo shirts and a vest that resembles the male student's uniform. Therefore, upon entering school, Haruhi was assumed to be, by most, a male student.

One day, searching through the vast campus for a quiet place to study since the libraries are filled with gossiping students, Haruhi finds the technically unused Third Music Room, taken over by the Host Club - a group of six attractive male students who spend their time charming and entertaining the school's girls for profit. During their first meeting, Haruhi is shocked at their behavior which causes an accidental knock over of a very expensive vase valued at ¥8,000,000 (USD $80,000 in the English manga). This causes Haruhi to contract a massive debt with the Host Club. In order to pay off the large sum, Haruhi is employed as the club's "dog" and is constantly ordered to do menial tasks for the members, such as serving food or cleaning up.

Once the club president, Tamaki Suou, sees Haruhi without glasses, Haruhi is promoted to be one of the hosts of the club as a way to pay off the huge debt. One by one, the other club members take notice, until even the club president finally discovers that Haruhi is, in fact, a female, with a self-proclaimed 'low threshold for gender identity', but since she is already accepted by the club's customers and has become one of the main attractions, Haruhi is allowed to remain as a member. She is forced to stay until she has accumulated a total of 100 (later, 1000) customers, at which time her debt would be considered paid in full.

Later, Haruhi develops close personal relationships with the members of the host club, managing to capture most of their hearts. In Volume 10 of the manga, Kaoru is the first to openly say that he likes Haruhi."

~taken from Wikipedia.org .

Has anyone else heard of this? Discussion here!

---

Personally, I love the anime. The manga, not so much, but still a lot.

My personal favorite characters (and coupling) are Hikaru and Kaoru (as seen in my sig). Their relationship is so c~ute... I love it. Kinda makes me wish I had a twin.

You can find episodes on youtube.com and downloads at http://ouran.krysyuy.net/
OMG Japanese desu yo ( ^.^)( -.-)( _ _)
I am the 334th user here on LF. bee tee dubs.
gay | UxO, UxW shipper | artist | writer |musician | trilingual | cosplayer | Otakon '07 attendee as Odd~ | ConnectiCon '09 attendee | Avatard | Odd's boy
My LJ!

♪♫♥
codeTONY offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Tekirai » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:34 pm

... Haruhi? School clubs? *instantly thinks of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya*

Ehh, sometimes when I watch anime on Youtube random fangirls pop up in the comments saying 'ZOMG OURAN IZ SO MUCH BUTTER THAT DIS CRAP ITS DER BEST LOLOLOLOL' quite a lot, so I haven't given it much thought or recognition. But I wanna finish Lucky Star, Detective Conan's movies, Negima?! and TMoSH first before I go looking at any new series. It looks pretty good.
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:59 pm

I LOVE Ouran. HaruTama for ever!

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby DeadViolet » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:36 pm

meh, I'm more Hikaru/Haruhi.

*I'm that one crazy girl formerly known as Misha*
DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:40 pm

Yeah, that one's pretty cute.

HaruMori is kinda funny, and HaruKyo is scary.

Postby codeTONY » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:42 pm

Mo~. You like TamaHaru? It's a little canon for me.
gay | UxO, UxW shipper | artist | writer |musician | trilingual | cosplayer | Otakon '07 attendee as Odd~ | ConnectiCon '09 attendee | Avatard | Odd's boy
My LJ!

♪♫♥
codeTONY offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:45 pm

Canon, but most shown.

TamakiXKyoya for evuur! Mother and father!

Postby DeadViolet » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:02 pm

AngelBolt wrote:TamakiXKyoya for evuur! Mother and father!
Well, you do have a point there........

*I'm that one crazy girl formerly known as Misha*
DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby codeTONY » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:06 pm

misha-san wrote:
AngelBolt wrote:TamakiXKyoya for evuur! Mother and father!
Well, you do have a point there........
u~n, ne? episode 24, peoples.
My LJ!

♪♫♥
codeTONY offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:09 pm

Ouran Academy is as big as FIVE Kadics!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak