Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:50 am

Bleach (not the detergent)

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

who is your favorite shinigami captain?

Toshiro
50%
Gin
33%
Jushiro
17%

Total votes : 6

Bleach (not the detergent)

Postby ConcreteAngel » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:55 am

does anyone like the show Bleach?? if they do let's talk about it here. i want to know who your favorite character. mine is Toshiro Hitsugaya.
i'm in love w/ code lyoko and Jasper Cullen from the Twilight series :D
...........III
........IIIIIIII
...........III
...........III
...........III
ConcreteAngel offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: WARNING! : Having a vampire boyfriend maby be hazardous to your health. [Not that you care ; )]

Postby JesusFreak » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:56 am

i never liked Bleach. ever. EVER.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Gauntlet » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:32 am

Bleach is probably one of the only animes I can tolerate. Naruto can go swallow some of the blue stuff under the sink for all I care, honestly; I don't understand how it's such a popular franchise. They must be targeting some specific audience or something, because I find it hardly appealing, unlike Bleach.

On that note, I find the character developments in Bleach to be a lot more entertaining and natural. It's pretty interesting when you understand what makes every character tick the way they do, then watch them overcome that and change over the course of the series. I'm sure Naruto does that, but it's...just...agh, it seems too forced. Bleach, in my opinion, has mastered character development.

As for my favorite character? Orihime probably takes the lead. I generally have a strong distaste for a majority of females in animes--as they're either usually very jumpy and "damsel in distress"ish , sound like chipmunks on helium, and make the weirdest squeals that sound terrible if someone's in the next room, or they're "prety gurl wit masheen gun" and become too annoying--but Orihime just seemed like such an eccentric yet charming character at first, and only gets better after her backstory is revealed.

I never thought I'd be one to like an anime, but accidentally stumbling upon Bleach was a lucky mistake.
Gauntlet offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby DeadViolet » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:31 pm

I like Bleach~
I'm in absolute LUV with Kisuke~!!! <3 <3 <3

*I'm that one crazy girl formerly known as Misha*
DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby timekitten » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:10 pm

I love Bleach. *_* One of my favorite animes besides Full Metal Alchemist, Blood, and Ghost in a Shell. Great music, great action, great humor, and nice wide cast of characters. I can easily remember all of the characters, but I still forget the names, so I can't say on who's my favorite. My sister's even enjoying it, and she ain't an anime watcher. The only anime she likes is FMA.
ImageImage
timekitten offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby ConcreteAngel » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:00 pm

i love Toshiro Hitsugaya!! He's so cool.

Naruto is awesome too!! i think itachi is the best from naruto even though he is evil.

Gin Ichimaru scares me.
...........III
........IIIIIIII
...........III
...........III
...........III
ConcreteAngel offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: WARNING! : Having a vampire boyfriend maby be hazardous to your health. [Not that you care ; )]

Postby Kamekai » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:21 pm

Never really got in to Bleach, I'm more of a Full Metal Alchemist/Naruto/etc. type. :shrug:
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby ConcreteAngel » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:06 pm

i think bleach is a cool show
...........III
........IIIIIIII
...........III
...........III
...........III
ConcreteAngel offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby DeadViolet » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:10 pm

Momo is sooo darn cute~
But Kisuke is <3 *_*

*I'm that one crazy girl formerly known as Misha*
DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ConcreteAngel » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:13 pm

momo is awesome i hate aizen.
...........III
........IIIIIIII
...........III
...........III
...........III
ConcreteAngel offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Slayer » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:44 am

Does any one know how many episodes bleach is up to? i only have like 161 of them ;__; i think im a little far behind ;__;
Slayer offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby knifey » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:49 am

Dante wrote:Does any one know how many episodes bleach is up to? i only have like 161 of them ;__; i think im a little far behind ;__;
Japan has released 258 episodes so far, but America has only aired 167 episodes, excluding omakes/ovas and the movies, though. Most of them are filler, and if you really want to be up to date in the actual storyline, I suggest reading the manga.
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Re: Bleach (not the detergent)

Postby . » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:00 am

ConcreteAngel wrote:does anyone like the show Bleach?? if they do let's talk about it here. i want to know who your favorite character. mine is Toshiro Hitsugaya.

You all laugh at me like I'm not happy
With anything, anytime, anywhere
And the half of me is all about apathy
And the other half just doesn't care

I must admit that all the words you spoke I hated
Cause I don't see just how I can be motivated
Enough to break a sweat over a dying race
It seems our fate is something we've already embraced

Yeah, being apathetic's a pathetic way to be
But I don't care
What matters to you does not matter to me
Cause I don't care
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Slayer » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:33 am

knifeshock wrote:Japan has released 258 episodes so far, but America has only aired 167 episodes, excluding omakes/ovas and the movies, though. Most of them are filler, and if you really want to be up to date in the actual storyline, I suggest reading the manga.

Yeah, all of mine are in jap with English subs. I don't like the English voices it just doesn't match the characters properly in my opinion.

There will be no mercy, only slain bodies and taken souls. Dont be afraid, be terrified.
Slayer offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Jazzy Josh » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:17 am

Been watching Bleach on hulu. I finally got into it a few months ago.

Thread derail:

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood has turned out pretty good. Lots of surprises and questions.

@Jazzy Josh on Twitter.
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby knifey » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:40 am

The poll sucks. There were originally thirteen captains at the beginning of the series, not three.

For the record, my favorite captain is Byakuya, but it'll probably change to Shigekuni, Retsu, Shunsui, or Juushirou, once Kubo finally decides to show their full releases.

Dante wrote:
knifeshock wrote:Japan has released 258 episodes so far, but America has only aired 167 episodes, excluding omakes/ovas and the movies, though. Most of them are filler, and if you really want to be up to date in the actual storyline, I suggest reading the manga.

Yeah, all of mine are in jap with English subs. I don't like the English voices it just doesn't match the characters properly in my opinion.
Bittorrent, dattebayo, narutowire, etc. If you join a forum, some of them post links to the newest episode, raw, subbed, or dubbed.

I honestly don't watch the anime, because the pauses are way too long for me to tolerate, and the lines are too cheesy for me to hear; it's bad enough I have to read those cheesy lines in the manga. The only reason why I even take a look at the anime is just to see how the animators handle the action scenes, despite the fact Pierrot studio butchers almost half the scenes from the manga.

I actually enjoy the dub as much as I can tolerate the anime, because English voices hardly ever match up with Japanese voices (Johnny Bosch is a great voice actor), although I cringe when the voice actors pronounce Japanese phrases with their annoyingly heavy American accents. It would be so much easier if they just translate the script word for word.

The manga series is up to chapter 382, and with the way the animators handle the show, it's usually two pages per chapter, give or take.

Lyoko is Cool wrote:Thread derail:

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood has turned out pretty good. Lots of surprises and questions.
cool story, bro
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Slayer » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:08 am

I just watched memory of nobody in both Jap and English, it is so much different in English. The characters' voices don't match them and the words are totally different

There will be no mercy, only slain bodies and taken souls. Dont be afraid, be terrified.
Slayer offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Stonecreek » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:09 am

My favorite captain is not on the poll. Not that I really have a favorite, but I love a good Uhohana story.

Anyway, the real reason I'm posting here is that I just wrote my first piece of Bleach fanfiction. I'd love to have someone look it over before I post it. Any volunteers?

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Slayer » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:30 am

Stonecreek wrote:My favorite captain is not on the poll. Not that I really have a favorite, but I love a good Uhohana story.

Anyway, the real reason I'm posting here is that I just wrote my first piece of Bleach fanfiction. I'd love to have someone look it over before I post it. Any volunteers?

Ill look over it for you if you look over my sloppy one actually ill look over it any way, and my favorite captain isn't on the pole either. Off of the "turn back the pendulum" or what ever its called id have to say my favorite would be kisuke and the currents would be jushiro

Slayer offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid