Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 10:49 pm

swine flu

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

swine flu

Postby optimus304 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:19 pm

in case you guys are worried. the swine flu isint as big a deal as people are making it to be.

First the flu can be contracted like any normal virus. though coughing and sneezing. but also the virus can linger on phones and table tops. to prevent this, wash your hands with hout soapy water. even though your hands may dry after a few minutes, the soap will linger in your skin and prevent any germs of virus's from lingering.

Symptoms of the virus are rather easy to see. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in humans the symptoms of swine flu are similar to those of influenza and of influenza-like illness in general. Symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue. A few more patients than usual have also reported diarrhea and vomiting.[15]

Because these symptoms are not specific to swine flu, a differential diagnosis of probable swine flu requires not only symptoms but also a high likelihood of swine flu due to the person's recent history. For example, during the 2009 swine flu outbreak in the United States, CDC advised physicians to "consider swine influenza infection in the differential diagnosis of patients with acute febrile respiratory illness who have either been in contact with persons with confirmed swine flu, or who were in one of the five U.S. states that have reported swine flu cases or in Mexico during the 7 days preceding their illness onset."[16] A diagnosis of confirmed swine flu requires laboratory testing of a respiratory sample (a simple nose and throat swab).

as for treatment. yes thier is a way to treat it to the point where the virus dies out in the body. doeses of Tamiflu (oseltamivir) or Relenza (zanamivir) for the treatment and/or prevention of infection with swine influenza viruses. The virus isolates that have been tested from the US and Mexico are however resistant to amantadine and rimantadine.[32] If a person gets sick, antiviral drugs can make the illness milder and make the patient feel better faster. They may also prevent serious flu complications. For treatment, antiviral drugs work best if started soon after getting sick (within 2 days of symptoms).

Preparedness
To maintain a secure household during a pandemic flu, the Water Quality & Health Council recommends keeping as supplies food and bottled water, portable power sources and chlorine bleach as an emergency water purifier and surface sanitizer.

hope this helps calm any fears you guys have
been thier, destroyed that, saved them,
optimus304 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby DL » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:55 pm

Also if someone is infected the only way to cure it is with a silver bullet, aim right between the eyes to make sure the cure is effective. And keep in mind, a ring of salt can be used to protect against the outbreak just keep inside it and be sure they are no breaks in said circle.

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Fluffy » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:50 am

DL, please send me your legal information, the police are rather interested in your answer and how it will effect my court case.
P.S: DON'T BOTHER CALLING YOUR LAWYER, I VACCINATED HIM ALREADY.
P.P.S: ;)
Fluffy offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby . » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:33 pm

lol anyone see the CDC conference?

CDC Guy: We will now take questions.

Reporter: Have you rule out possible Bioterrorism?

*CDC Guy, looking at the reporter with an expression that clearly reads "Are you fucking retarded?")

CDC Guy: um... No, were not looking into that right now.

Reporter: So you HAVEN'T ruled out possible bioterrorism?
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheAppleFreak » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:20 pm

Piper (DT Evolution) wrote:lol anyone see the CDC conference?

CDC Guy: We will now take questions.

Reporter: Have you rule out possible Bioterrorism?

*CDC Guy, looking at the reporter with an expression that clearly reads "Are you f***ing retarded?")

CDC Guy: um... No, were not looking into that right now.

Reporter: So you HAVEN'T ruled out possible bioterrorism?

I lol'd at that.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Lyoko Wario » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:40 pm

I'll say this about swine flu: It's a great excuse for missing class.

Besides, Codename: Kids Next Door already taught us how to treat swine flu.

"Man, lookit dat bacon sizzle!"
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:50 pm

Oh please, as long as I have my magical toaster stone, I shall be fine.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Lyoko Wario » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:23 pm

JesusFreak wrote:Oh please, as long as I have my magical toaster stone, I shall be fine.

...I do not understand this reference. Explain it so that I might, please.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Sithking Zero » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:41 pm

It involves the words "Magical Toaster Stone."

That's pretty funny on its own.

Seriously, this is getting blown out of proportion. People need to relax. Not too many cases have been reported thus far, and we all need to remember the benefits of bathing regularly, and washing our hands after we use the bathroom.

If you do get it, rest and get lots of fluids.

Oh, and chicken noodle soup. Can't go wrong with Chicken Noodle Soup!
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheLQ » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:29 pm

I do personally belive that people are overacting a little. Especially China, who my science teacher said banned all meat comming from mexico. We have one death, and everyone panics. Just calm down. It won't come right to your door, especially if its not in your state.

Also, its good population control. Don't kill me for saying that.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:55 pm

... Wait a second... I have had those symptoms...

O.O

Okay~ If I don't respond in the next week, everyone assume I'm dead.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:09 pm

AngelBolt wrote:... Wait a second... I have had those symptoms...

O.O

Okay~ If I don't respond in the next week, everyone assume I'm dead.

Should we count to the hour or day?

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby DL » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:31 pm

It's already to late, Angel's dead.

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby . » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:11 am

Xana's Fist wrote:I do personally belive that people are overacting a little. Especially China, who my science teacher said banned all meat comming from mexico. We have one death, and everyone panics. Just calm down. It won't come right to your door, especially if its not in your state.

Which is rather ironic. You'd think if there was any justice in life, it would hit those responcible for the eventual fall of human civilization via over population
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:07 pm

Xana's Fist wrote:I do personally belive that people are overacting a little. Especially China, who my science teacher said banned all meat comming from mexico. We have one death, and everyone panics. Just calm down. It won't come right to your door, especially if its not in your state.

That's like saying Stalin's massacre of his subjects was good population control. don't hate me for saying that.

HOw does HTAT sound?

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby . » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:54 pm

JesusFreak wrote:

That's like saying Stalin's massacre of his subjects was good population control. don't hate me for saying that.

HOw does HTAT sound?

If we don't curve population growth by 2/3rds, in 2050 were all going to be starving to death. I just did this as my speech for Human Com today, most peoples reaction were yours.

If some don't die, we're all going to die. I'm sorry, it sucks, thats life, no you don't have to be happy about it but it's really that black and white.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:31 pm

Piper (DT Evolution) wrote:
JesusFreak wrote:

HOw does HTAT sound?

If we don't curve population growth by 2/3rds, in 2050 were all going to be starving to death. I just did this as my speech for Human Com today, most peoples reaction were yours.

If some don't die, we're all going to die. I'm sorry, it sucks, thats life, no you don't have to be happy about it but it's really that black and white.

I dunno, you know how they're all stagnating in Russia and Europe and such?

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheLQ » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:19 pm

My views on the population: Try to make cures for about half of the known deseases, and let the rest kill off everyone else. Sounds dark, but we will need it, or else were going to be living in a world with 1 billion people per square mile.

This is not taking into account us moving people to other planets like mars.

And with Stalin and Hitler, population density (ok, maybe hitler) wasen't that big of a problem. Now it is.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:36 pm

You're getting off-topic guys. ^^;

Kindly keep this to updates on the Swine Flu pandemic and put your ideas for population control and/or world domination er...probably BKO would be best for that. XD;

On the swine flu, I've heard they think the illness/death toll may have peaked in Mexico by now. Of course it's just speculation and what will happen to other countries that the disease has spread to is up in the air but it seems like fairly good news that the flu strain might already be fading out.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin