Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 8:13 pm

North Korea

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Can I put a poll up?

Yes
36%
No
27%
I hate you
36%

Total votes : 11

North Korea

Postby JesusFreak » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:04 pm

So...you think they'll ever get smart and realize if they use them nukes, even the UN wouldn't care if we bea the snot out of em?

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby . » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:38 pm

You realize, I hope, that the UN is a worthless organization right?

Not to mention I seriously doubt North Korea has the technology to really launch a nuke anywhere, and even if they did it would not just be the United States knocking down Kimmy's door. The entire f***ing world would go in there in unison, because there is not a single nation on the North Korea side.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

I wonder if anybody reads this topic header thing...

Postby JesusFreak » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:32 am

Piper wrote:You realize, I hope, that the UN is a worthless organization right?

Not to mention I seriously doubt North Korea has the technology to really launch a nuke anywhere, and even if they did it would not just be the United States knocking down Kimmy's door. The entire f***ing world would go in there in unison, because there is not a single nation on the North Korea side.

Exactly.

The UN does nothing, ouside of give Kofi Annan and his son cheap Mercedes, and hate the US.

HOWEVER, If little Mr. Kim IS stupid enough to throw a nuke at us (that's really all they CAN do, considering their ballistic tests...) Nobody would so much as ask why we'd kick their sorry Communist Failure butts.

And this topic is manly an excuse to put a poll up, which I cannot do on the other forum I frequent.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby TheLQ » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:17 pm

I still find it ironic that we sit on one of the largest stocks of nuclear weapons, yet we, nuclear, and non-nuclear countries try and stop anyone else from getting some
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:34 pm

Lord.Quackstar wrote:I still find it ironic that we sit on one of the largest stocks of nuclear weapons, yet we, nuclear, and non-nuclear countries try and stop anyone else from getting some

If we don't want anyone to use them that badly, why don't we as a world work together to throw them all in the rubbish bin, that's what I want to know. Jeez.

Pertaining to Mr.Il, if he's genre-savvy at all, he will not throw down a nuke. In our world's (sordid) experience, he can loudmouth all he wants about how he wants to do it, but if he does do it, there will be trouble for him.

(Isn't he dying, though? I've heard conflicting reports...)
Carth offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:54 am

Carth wrote:
Lord.Quackstar wrote:I still find it ironic that we sit on one of the largest stocks of nuclear weapons, yet we, nuclear, and non-nuclear countries try and stop anyone else from getting some

If we don't want anyone to use them that badly, why don't we as a world work together to throw them all in the rubbish bin, that's what I want to know. Jeez.

Pertaining to Mr.Il, if he's genre-savvy at all, he will not throw down a nuke. In our world's (sordid) experience, he can loudmouth all he wants about how he wants to do it, but if he does do it, there will be trouble for him.

(Isn't he dying, though? I've heard conflicting reports...)

He already chose his successor, Kim Jong Sun or something like that, so that may very well be an indication of his coming demise.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby TheLQ » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:02 pm

One problem is that we and several other countries have large, sophisticated missile detection and interception systems that would shoot down any missile that NK launches anyway.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:21 am

Lord.Quackstar wrote:One problem is that we and several other countries have large, sophisticated missile detection and interception systems that would shoot down any missile that NK launches anyway.

The best cure is prevention. :)

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:00 pm

JesusFreak wrote:
Lord.Quackstar wrote:One problem is that we and several other countries have large, sophisticated missile detection and interception systems that would shoot down any missile that NK launches anyway.

If you shoot a missile down, especially a nuclear missile, wouldn't that just detonate it...?
Carth offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:45 pm

Carth wrote:
JesusFreak wrote:

If you shoot a missile down, especially a nuclear missile, wouldn't that just detonate it...?

Don't worry, we'll create Anti-XANA to safely disarm the nukes before they go asplode. And then, it shall turn to the dark side and kill us all...
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby TheLQ » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:07 pm

Carth wrote:
JesusFreak wrote:

AFAIK, no. That might happen if the missile was filled with conventional explosive, due to it just needing an ignition source. Nuclear Warheads on the other hand require U-235 to smash - extremely fast btw - other U-235 in order to detonate.

Also there are missile's out there that simply smash the enemy missile instead of incinerate it, which is alot safer. Unlike other anti-missiles, it dosen't detonate on impact, it just keeps going. So now your left with a mangled heavily damaged missile instead of thousands of pieces.

And applefreak, prevention dosen't always work. Embargo's don't always work. Just look at Iraq before the war; Hussein led the country through 20 years of massive embargo's, and it still sucked to take over. Didn't NK say it had no more nukes and wasen't trying to make any, the later on broadcast video of a successful nuclear test? The only way to get NK to comply is with force, force that can only be initiated if NK makes the first strike. If they do launch missiles at surrounding countries, every single western nation is going to send troops, ships, planes, etc over there to take them out. I'm not to sure about China, since both countries are very close.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:36 am

Lord.Quackstar wrote:And applefreak, prevention dosen't always work. Embargo's don't always work. Just look at Iraq before the war; Hussein led the country through 20 years of massive embargo's, and it still sucked to take over. Didn't NK say it had no more nukes and wasen't trying to make any, the later on broadcast video of a successful nuclear test? The only way to get NK to comply is with force, force that can only be initiated if NK makes the first strike. If they do launch missiles at surrounding countries, every single western nation is going to send troops, ships, planes, etc over there to take them out. I'm not to sure about China, since both countries are very close.

That was a joke.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby TheLQ » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:01 am

TheAppleFreak wrote:
Lord.Quackstar wrote:And applefreak, prevention dosen't always work. Embargo's don't always work. Just look at Iraq before the war; Hussein led the country through 20 years of massive embargo's, and it still sucked to take over. Didn't NK say it had no more nukes and wasen't trying to make any, the later on broadcast video of a successful nuclear test? The only way to get NK to comply is with force, force that can only be initiated if NK makes the first strike. If they do launch missiles at surrounding countries, every single western nation is going to send troops, ships, planes, etc over there to take them out. I'm not to sure about China, since both countries are very close.

That was a joke.

TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby . » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:56 am

Lord.Quackstar wrote:
TheAppleFreak wrote:

That was a joke.

Yeah by force... and then we'd have to take care of all those people for years... F*** THAT!
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby DL » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:07 am

I would like to point out that their nukes are about the size of small houses, which means they can't be loaded onto rockets or bombers. Or at least it was last time I checked, or anyone really reported on it... >.>

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheAppleFreak » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:31 pm

DL wrote:I would like to point out that their nukes are about the size of small houses, which means they can't be loaded onto rockets or bombers. Or at least it was last time I checked, or anyone really reported on it... >.>

And when was this?
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby TheLQ » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:34 pm

DL wrote:I would like to point out that their nukes are about the size of small houses, which means they can't be loaded onto rockets or bombers. Or at least it was last time I checked, or anyone really reported on it... >.>

Considering this was the size of the first atomic bomb ever made:
I doubt that NK's nukes are the size of houses... While they might not be small enough yet to fit into a warhead, they can fit into a c170 or other cargo planes.

And if was the size of a house, that would require an astronomical amount of U235, and the explosion would be so powerful that it would destroy most of NK in the blast, destroy the ecosystem of Northeast Asia, and kill most of the people in Asia and northern north america from nuclear radiation.

I know too much about nuclear weapons...
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Rho » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:04 am

hi im posting in this old thread

Kim Jong-Il is an absolute moron. He just needs to die already.

If North Korea were to ever attack Japan, America, or anywhere else.. they would be doomed.

Attacking Japan would be stupid anyway. Fallout would reach North Korea, killing North Koreans.

They're messing with NATO and they've apparently got China and Russia PO'ed. They're also trying to act all tough and threaten the US into not interfering in the South Korean shipwreck incident.

Korean War II, assuming Russia would be on our side (most likely now) or not be in it at all, would be a very short war considering how North Korea's closest thing to an ally would be Iran, maybe. Even then, all of NATO and possibly other countries (i.e China, Australia) would completely pwn North Korea.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheLQ » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:23 am

Rho wrote:They're messing with NATO and they've apparently got China and Russia PO'ed. They're also trying to act all tough and threaten the US into not interfering in the South Korean shipwreck incident.

Korean War II, assuming Russia would be on our side (most likely now) or not be in it at all, would be a very short war considering how North Korea's closest thing to an ally would be Iran, maybe. Even then, all of NATO and possibly other countries (i.e China, Australia) would completely pwn North Korea.

Oh god, if the Russians got involved the UN would be sending doctors to treat burns from mustard gas, cyanide, and many other biological weapons, and also some nuclear radiation.

Nobody messes with Russia. Except for the mafia.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Rho » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:08 am

Thank god we're at fairly good terms with Russia right now.

There's a problem with nuking North Korea: fallout. It would reach South Korea, Japan, Russia, and China.
Which is not good.. so unless they could determine a radius of where the fallout would spread and evacuate those in the area in the aforementioned countries, it would be a bad idea to use nukes against North Korea.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:51 am

North Korea will have a nice military coup about the time Kim Jong Ill finally bites it. I'd like to say it'll still be pretty crappy whatever dictator winds up in charge, but honestly it can't really get any worse than it is right now. (what with the whole staving population thing.)

I don't think they have the tech for nuclear weapons, or rockets that work outside of photoshop, and obviously they're not even trying use conventional force on their hated neighbor to the south, which to me suggests they're clear enough on the fact that the world is just loooooking for a reason to go all intervention on them.

So yeah, it's kind of a non-issue really, I wouldn't worry about it.
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby Rho » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:47 am

IIRC Kim Jong-Il's son is set to take over when he finally dies. Hopefully, his son isn't as much of a moron.

NK probably knows that nuking their enemies to the south would damage themselves as well because of the nuclear fallout.

I dare them to attack anywhere in the US. They will get completely pwned if they successfully do so.

It's like some weak, short, skinny kid trying to act all tough in front of a muscular, tall, strong dude and challenging him to a fight. The former is North Korea, the latter is NATO.
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SilverPrince » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:54 am

Rho wrote:I dare them to attack anywhere in the US. They will get completely pwned if they successfully do so.

Even if North Korea has nukes, they do not have a way to get them to the United States. It's Japan that has to be worried, although I doubt their nukes could even reach there.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rho » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:22 pm

SilverPrince wrote:
Rho wrote:I dare them to attack anywhere in the US. They will get completely pwned if they successfully do so.

Even if North Korea has nukes, they do not have a way to get them to the United States. It's Japan that has to be worried, although I doubt their nukes could even reach there.

I believe that's true. They have between 6-8 nuclear warheads anyway. That's pitiful when you look at the arsenals of Russia, America, and France (the top 3 nuclear arsenals on the planet)
Besides, them nuking Japan would be moronic since fallout would possibly reach North Korea, doing damage there too. Which is also why we shouldn't nuke North Korea - fallout would spread to an ally/semi-ally regardless of the direction it goes.
Even if they were able to launch them at the United States, the missiles would be intercepted under likely circumstances.

North Korea is pretending that they're tough again in wake to America and South Korea doing military drills.
If war were to be declared, they would be completely screwed. Especially if we got Russia in on it too. Korean War II? Meh, nah... more like the "Ten Second-Long War".

Think about it. The Russian president has stated that he wants to make the United States and Russia allies. Okay, let's say they were to fully join NATO. We got some troops together from various NATO countries, as well as South Korea and maybe Australia, and sent them to North Korea. Even if Russia just stayed at the sidelines, NK would be absolutely screwed.
China would also likely want to be on our side or be neutral due to the very high amount of business we do with them. It'd be a bad economic decision for them to go against us. Before communism is mentioned, people have been reporting that China is becoming less and less communist by the day. They're apparently pretty close to leaving communist status.

Think about it. American, Russian, South Korean, French, British, and Canadian troops (just examples) against little ally-less North Korea. They wouldn't dare use their nuclear arsenal, because if a successful strike took place, North Korea would be total chaos. We'd probably end up taking over North Korea, pretty much.

We can pretty much just hope North Korea just surrenders soon. They've got actual "superpowers" angry at them. They should just give up and get rid of their nuclear stockpile. It's worthless for them to even try thinking they can come close to matching NATO countries in power. For god's sake, THERE ARE COUNTIES IN THE UNITED STATES THAT ARE OVER TWICE THE SIZE OF NORTH KOREA. COUNTIES.
I mostly am against war and more for peace when it comes to real life. But in this case, we might not have a choice at this rate. People would be angry at Obama for starting a war against NK even if there was a successful nuclear attack by North Korea somewhere. Even if he stated he had no plans to use nuclear weapons in the war. People would protest without knowing details.
That is, if the war even lasted more than a few days. North Korea would be alone, most likely.

There's flooding in North Korea going on. I say they can forget getting any aid from the United States until they get their crap together. Yeah, it's cruel, but hey, it's like if a criminal fell down on the street. Would you be eager to help them?

Send some aid to China, sure. That'd be a good idea.

Well, all we can do is watch and laugh at Kim Jong-Il's immense stupidity until he dies.
What'd be really funny? Russia deciding to join SK and America in the drills, and North Korea warning Russia about doing that.

Here's an image. A group of strong, muscular people. This represents NATO.
A short, skinny, weak teenage kid walks into were they are and starts threatening them. This represents North Korea. He then tries to attack the muscular men.
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby jym1 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:20 pm

since N.Korea is only like 50km away from Seoul (no need for nuclear weapons, just lob regular missiles), and N.Korea can't yet send a war head far enough to reach America, the problem isn't really a pressing one...which is why it's generally ignored and people concentrate on the more immediate threat of Iran. But the problem with crazy dictators is just that...they are crazy so he wouldn't care about exposing all his own people to dangerous nuclear radiation or blasts if he thinks it'll get him what he wants from US/UN
jym1 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Next