Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 2:25 am

Attempted Terrorist Attack in Detroit

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Attempted Terrorist Attack in Detroit

Postby SilverPrince » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:06 am

Well, this certainly hits close to home.

A Nigerian who may have links to al-Qaeda, while on a flight from Nigeria to Detroit (which had a stopover in the Netherlands), attempted to detonate a chemical explosive device. It failed, although it did catch his groin on fire. Passengers said that it sounded like a firecracker. A passenger tackled the terrorist and suffered burns. Other than the terrorist and said tackler, there were no injuries. The perpetrator, one Umar Farouk Abdulmuttalab, has been taken into custody.

I for one, question the choice of location. Out of all the places a person who hates Western extravagance and the American military presence in the Muslim world would go to teach the US a lesson, Detroit? I mean, really. The place isn't exactly a vibrant metropolis, or a major economical center. There's the Big Three automakers, but they're not exactly economical at the moment. Detroit is about as rusty as one can get in the Rust Belt. When I think of the power and extravagance of the United States, one of the last places I would think is Detroit Metro Airport.

I'm just glad that no one is dead. But I swear, if suddenly there's "evidence" of Weapons of Mass Destruction in Nigeria, I'm moving to Canada.
Last edited by SilverPrince on Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SearchingLyoko » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:42 am

Obama would not do that, would he???

Maybe he was actually aiming for Chicago, it's being Obama's hometown. Although I doubt he would make such a big mistake...

Yeah, that's stretching it a bit. Post reply[/quote]
SearchingLyoko Delenda Est.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Rho » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:03 am

I can't help but crack up at the fact that while attempting to do a terrorist attack, he caught his balls on fire.

And Detroit? Yeah, this guy's a wannabe.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheLQ » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:54 pm

One word: FAIL
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Kazu » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:34 pm

Why couldn't it be near the Macomb district? We need some attention here, I want my bookstore back! D:
<3 Mary
Kazu offline
New Kid
New Kid