Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 7:48 am

Language

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Language

Postby matsumo itsu » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:20 pm

Hi everyone, It's me again the Na'vi,Japanese, and French speaker wannabe(I speak them just not fluently). I was just thinking yesterday while learning klingon, that i should make my own language, so I did! I've already got the alphabet(beta phase though changes will happen and additions will occur). What is everything a language should have? I'm asking you all since there are plenty smarter than I. Also I was wondering how i should name the language. I'm making sure it has all the tenses(past present and future). I've got the sounds, though working on how the word sounds should be,( Since even in English our sounds don't match the letter unless you say "Apple" instead of "Ahpple". I've got sentence and other necessary markers. This is going to be a free verse language using the markers to identify.

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Re: Language

Postby TheLQ » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:21 pm

kewong pizayu wrote:Hi everyone, It's me again the Na'vi,Japanese, and French speaker wannabe(I speak them just not fluently). I was just thinking yesterday while learning klingon.

You have just lost your award of "Cool person that can speak movie languages". Replacement: "Nerd Language person"
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby matsumo itsu » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:32 pm

I thank you for your extremely nice comment!

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:36 pm

*psst*

You may find a couple of these links useful

Good luck with your conlang!

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby matsumo itsu » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:40 pm

Thanks, i'll check those sites out when my computer(I'm on my sisters computer atm). Also thanks for the info and the luck. i'm finding it to easy, which means i'm that much of a nerd or i'm about to get to the hard part.

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lyoko Wario » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:20 pm

you know, I used to think people that memorized fictional languages like Klingon, Elvish, Na'vi were just a myth, an all-purpose pop culture punchline...

The nerdpocalypse is coming. Eywa save us all.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby matsumo itsu » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:04 pm

Lol that's close to what my sig says, it says eywa be with us, or eywa take us.

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby austronothrusclarki » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:53 am

you know, I used to think people that memorized fictional languages like Klingon, Elvish, Na'vi were just a myth, an all-purpose pop culture punchline...

As did I. Tell me, was your face as amusing as mine was when you found out it was true? :D The seemingly-unhelpfulness, devotion and awesomeness behind it boggles the mind....we need more people like them in the world. Learning for the sake of knowing (and hopefully for the sake of using that knowledge).
No, I am not a hardcore fan. Sorry.
And I did not make my profile pic.
austronothrusclarki offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby matsumo itsu » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:09 pm

Hey people sorry for late response, anyway quick update, i got numbers 1-9,999 in my language

I made 1-10, then for 20-90 i used 2(10) or 3(10) depending on if i want 20 or 30(Yes just like japanese) then you add for the ones place. hundreds follow same rule along with 1,000.

I also even made a writing system for my language. It's kind of like arabic maybe? But it's interesting no doubt.

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter