Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 4:07 am

Dan Schneider

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Dan Schneider

Postby Rho » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:54 am

Don't know who he is? He's produced several shows, most of them for Nickelodeon, as well as the movies Good Burger and Big Fat Liar.

His shows are All That, Kenan & Kel, The Amanda Show, Drake & Josh, What I Like About You, Zoey 101, iCarly, and premiering on saturday, Victorious.

The man is quite simply a genius. It's also amazing what he can get away with, especially in iCarly.

I'm looking forward to Victorious. The guy with the puppet is inevitably going to be hilarious, especially judging by a recent commercial.

So,yeah. Discuss.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:31 am

He was my Commencement Keynote speaker a few years back. He was fairly fascinating to listen to, and for sure he's an interesting guy to meet in person.

I'm...unsure about "Victorious", but then again I was skeptical of all his previous shows, sans "All That". The commercials certainly make it look intriguing though.

...The guy is seriously a master of getting stuff past the radar, to be sure.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:04 pm

IMHO, most of his shows make me ill. Except for iCarly in SOME respects.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rho » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:26 pm

Victorious has a few cast members who worked on Broadway recently, interestingly.
I've seen some people call it out as a ripoff of Sonny with a Chance for some reason. Even though Victorious is about a girl going to a preforming arts high school and Sonny is about a girl who gets to be on her favorite TV show.

Speaking of that, Dan said that the original concept plot for iCarly was about a girl who gets to star on her favorite TV show. This was in 2006. Disney had access to see it.

It'd be interesting if Dan took another shot at the sketch show idea, once iCarly ends around 2012 or so.
Also, Jerry Trainor needs to do stand-up on Comedy Central or something. That guy is hysterical.

EDIT:
Victorious = awesome
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lyoko Wario » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:51 pm

I don't much care for Dan, honestly. None of his shows are funny, with the possible exception of D&J.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby knifey » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:53 pm

Kenan and Kel is amazing. It's a shame he had to produce things like iCarly. Oh well. I haven't even finished watching all of Kenan and and Kel, so I don't really care as much as i should.
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak