Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:24 am

Man suing PetSmart over slipping in dog feces

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Man suing PetSmart over slipping in dog feces

Postby Rho » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:44 am

NORFOLK, Va. – A Poquoson man who said he fell after stepping in dog feces at a PetSmart store has filed a $1 million negligence lawsuit against the company. Robert Holloway alleges in his lawsuit in U.S. District Court that he badly injured his back, struck his head and knocked out four teeth when he slipped in January 2009 at a Newport News PetSmart. He alleges that PetSmart and its manager should have protected him from a hazardous condition created when they allowed animals to defecate on the floor.
In court documents, Phoenix-based PetSmart denied the negligence allegations.

---

For god's sake, was this guy blind or something? Brown doesn't exactly camoflauge with white floors. This guy's just trying to get money out of a company. What a douche.
He is completely at fault. He probably did it intentionally thinking "Hey! I can purposefully slip in dog crap and sue PetSmart and make lots of money!"
I hope this lawsuit is dropped, because it's total bull and is taking time away from some real cases.

It's like suing McDonalds for getting injured because you dove onto a chair.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby matsumo itsu » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:28 am

There are people that don't stare right at the floor when they walk, they usually just keep looking forward and depending if the guy was rushed or not depending what his schedule was like that day could be a major contributing factor, you never know the entire situation unless you were there watching the entire thing happen

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheLQ » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:46 pm

Ah, rich people that have lawyers. I think stupid suing should be a felony
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Rho » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:49 pm

Resistance Kewong Pizayu wrote:There are people that don't stare right at the floor when they walk, they usually just keep looking forward and depending if the guy was rushed or not depending what his schedule was like that day could be a major contributing factor, you never know the entire situation unless you were there watching the entire thing happen

When you're doing something like walking, you need to be alert. Stuff like this happens. You can't sue a city because you walked off a bridge.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:32 am

Lord.Quackstar wrote:Ah, rich people that have lawyers. I think stupid suing should be a felony

Isn't that perjury?

As far s the Petsmart thing... if they have a sign on the door warning about slippery poop, then it wouldn't be an issue. Otherwise, they have to pay insurance to anyone who may be injured.

*economics class win*

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby matsumo itsu » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:37 pm

Exactly, and who pays full attention when walking, maybe driving, but face it are you always 100% alert to something, maybe he was caught up in a conversation of a sort? Maybe he was reading something he was buying to make sure it's what he wanted, some can read and keep some vision ahead but not as much since they are reading.

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:54 pm

I won't deny that you all have valid points, but A MILLION DOLLARS? That goes beyond complaint or negligence and into outright abuse on the part of the man. The point is that he demanded way too much money...

Of course, I'd still hate to slip in dog feces at a PetSmart, and I'd still probably make a stink about it. But not try to get inordinate amounts of money off it...
Carth offline

Postby SilverPrince » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:56 pm

Carth wrote:make a stink about it.

It's a pun.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:11 pm

SilverPrince wrote:
Carth wrote:make a stink about it.

It's a pun.

OH I SLAP THE KNEE.
Carth offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:18 am

What I want to know is why is he suing PetSmart and not the irresponsible owner who let their dog poo on the floor (and then not pick it up)?

Obviously, if it was slippery enough to make someone fall, it was fairly fresh (either that or the dog was seriously ill and shouldn't have been out). They could have asked people nearby if they saw who let their dog do their business like that and go after them instead.

PetSmart and its employees aren't psychics who know the moment someone lets their dog poo on the floor. That could have been a fresh accident, and probably was. I know the Petsmart I go to is very clean and something like that would be exceptionally rare and the fault of the owner irresponsible enough to let their dog go on the floor. There are signs posted everywhere asking that people please clean up after their dogs. This is seriously not even remotely PetSmart's fault.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin