Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:24 am

WikiLeaks "Collateral Murder" footage

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

WikiLeaks "Collateral Murder" footage

Postby Gauntlet » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:42 pm

So, yeah. Hello, long time no see, etc.,

WikiLeaks revealed classified footage of the U.S. Military firing upon journalists. They mistook their cameras for AK-47s and an RPG. They were begging to unload rounds into them. When Good Samaritans (with two children) in a van pulled up to take the wounded, the Apache helicopters opened fire again. A tank actually ran over a reporter's body and prompted some laughter.

And somehow, the Apple iPad and Tigers Woods' return to golf is more important. CNN didn't mention the children, soldiers firing upon the van, many others things--and ultimately said they would not show the clip out of respect for the family. The soldiers were cleared of all charges.

Though the dust cloud and grainy film covers up most of the extreme details, it is graphic: Collateral Murder

Thoughts? Is anyone else shocked at how little coverage this is getting so far?
Gauntlet offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby penguin30 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:48 pm

I heard about this on NPR this morning. Their report claimed that RPG rounds were found, but otherwise matches what you've said.

penguin30 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby TheLQ » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:57 pm

I know that this is bad but crap like this happens in the military. When your in a country where lots of people want you dead and your buddy just got killed that morning, then distinguishing between friend and foe can be hard. There are many instances where people have been fired upon by their own company just because they looked like someone else.

And with CNN not showing it, it probably is respect for the family and since this significantly shortens what they can say, they probably mentioned it along with all the other news and you missed it.

But that does suck. Hence why I'm not going anytime soon to a country where fighting in, no matter whats there.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Rho » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:37 pm

"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Re: WikiLeaks "Collateral Murder" footage

Postby knifey » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:21 am

G̤̩͞a̳͚ự̹̲͈̱ wrote:Thoughts? Is anyone else shocked at how little coverage this is getting so far?
Not in the least. There are so many people who are opposed to our military involvement in foreign countries, yet the government keeps on going with it's military industrial complex, and all that jazz.

While I don't have any sources (though I bet I could find some if I looked hard enough) I'm sure there are horror stories like these everywhere that involves our military, but the don't get released because our government tries to keep these quiet. I remember someone mentioning in my current events class that there's a reason why we never see footage of US soldiers in Iraq getting killed.
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak