Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:56 am

This Is Africa! (Fifa World Cup South Africa 2010 thread)

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

This Is Africa! (Fifa World Cup South Africa 2010 thread)

Postby MY85 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:43 am

Who else will be watching this, other than Stonecreek and me?

In a bit more than 2 hours, South Africa vs Mexico and later for today, Uruguay vs France.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Rho » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:33 pm

If Mexico loses later on, I expect riots.

Both of the first games tied?? Weird.

If Canada qualified, I'd be rooting for them.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Stonecreek » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:02 pm

Watched Mexico/South Africa, and it was entertaining. The kick off the post in the 90th was heartbreaking for the hosts, but the kick was feeble, anyway. Didn't catch any of the France/Uruguay match, which is for the best as it was a 0-0 affair with a red card being the highlight. Tomorrow I'm glued to the tube for England/USA.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby MY85 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:59 pm

France-Uruguay bored me for the most part. Wished someone trolled Ribery for child prostitution. XD
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby xiaozanghou » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:30 pm

France/Uruguay was hilariously dumb. First Lodeiro red-carded out of the game after 20 minutes on the field. Then the best part was when Thierry Henri tried to get the ref to call a handball. Oh, the irony.

South Africa/Mexico was rad tho.

Tomorrow I'm waking up early to catch the South Korea/Greece and Argentina/Nigeria games. To quote one of the talking heads on ESPN, "I love the Greeks, I love the Greeks. I love the dullness that is the Greek team."

USA USA USA
╭☆★☆
http://cl-evolved.com/
╰★☆★
xiaozanghou offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: they asked me where i planned to go then i pointed at the stars and said i haven't really chose

Postby MY85 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:16 pm

xiaozanghou wrote:Then the best part was when Thierry Henri tried to get the ref to call a handball. Oh, the irony.

I lol'd at that too.
MY85 offline

Postby Stonecreek » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:31 am

ME getting up early is a rare thing, but I might for Argentina/Nigeria. Time to see if the Nigerians are for real.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

Ah, memories...
Stonecreek offline

Postby MY85 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:16 pm

Who else lol'd with England's own goal?

Anyways, USA is actually playing well.
MY85 offline

Postby Rho » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:03 pm

ANOTHER tie.

The only variety so far was South Korea VS Greece..

Italy doesn't seem to have much competition in the first rounds.. New Zealand might be a challenge though, dunno.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby MY85 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:37 pm

Rho wrote:ANOTHER tie.

The only variety so far was South Korea VS Greece..
I guess you didn't watched Argentina vs Nigeria.
MY85 offline

Postby Stonecreek » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:36 pm

MY85 wrote:Who else lol'd with England's own goal?

Anyways, USA is actually playing well.

It wasn't an actual own goal, but might as well have been. Dempsey got his foot on the ball, and it was on line, but the keeper was just flat-out lazy in his approach to it. England really does suck in goal. I'd happy to see the Greeks go down; they play boring football.

Ah, memories...
Stonecreek offline

Postby jym1 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:05 am

I want to be there. Not so much because I care to watch soccer, but I want to go to South Africa
jym1 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Rho » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:52 pm

Germany pwned Australia.

4-0. Won't be surprised at all to see Germany get far, if not win.
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby xiaozanghou » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:32 pm

The game was so one-sided that you could see the point (around 60') where the Australian team was just like "screw it" and kind of half-heartedly kept up the game. It was a little heartbreaking. :no:
╭☆★☆
http://cl-evolved.com/
╰★☆★
xiaozanghou offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: they asked me where i planned to go then i pointed at the stars and said i haven't really chose

Postby . » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:28 pm

It's not football. it's SOCCER!
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lani » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:53 pm

To Americans.. and the Japanese, at least.

Oh and speaking of! That Japanese victory, lol.

Also the Netherlands won against Denmark, and Paraguay finished the first half 1-0 against Italy. <s>Ohoho if Italy doesn't score soon, I sense disappointment.</s> Scratch that, man! It's a tie now!

Uhhh yeah. Football/soccer is like, the only sport I care about. Aside from that of the equestrian variety. World cup is A+
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:25 pm

I kinda laughed when Paraguay scored against Italy. Thought they should have put Roque Santa Cruz on the field when Buffon was swapped to score more. Oh well...
MY85 offline

Postby TheTsunamix » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:54 am

Hey, did anyone catch the US vs Slovenia game yesterday? Worst...Call...Ever!

But whatever, the US pulled out of a 2 point deficit to tie the game, and for that I'm happy.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby MY85 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:57 am

Ghana 1-1 Australia.

These refs really suck.
MY85 offline

Postby Stonecreek » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:24 pm

I love how FIFA aren't supposed to review any referee decisions until after thw Rodl Cup is over, yet the ref from Mali who so badly bungled the US/Slovenia match is getting an expidited hearing. Still doesn't make the calls suck any less, though.

Oh, and Cameroon is out. That is also very disappointing, as I now fear no African side will advance to the knockout rounds unless Ivory Coast can have Drogba go Chuck Norris on the opposition,

Ah, memories...
Stonecreek offline

Postby MY85 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:58 pm

Cameroon deserves to be eliminated because of their crappy defense displayed today. Denmark's defense also sucked too, so I hope Japan beats them or ties with them.

And Nigeria can still advance if they beat South Korea and Greece doesn't get a point against Argentina.

Ghana might have 4 points, but Germany will go out to kill against them.
MY85 offline

Postby Rho » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:46 am

Germany...I am disappoint.

They pretty much pwned Australia then weakened against Serbia.. hopefully in the next game they shape back up.

Italy VS New Zealand later. I hope Italy can get their first win and not tie or lose.
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby MY85 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:01 am

Damn, Portugal raped North Korea and even Cristiano Ronaldo scored.
MY85 offline

Postby Rho » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:03 am

Looks like communists suck at soccer
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SilverPrince » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:57 am

It's not that communists suck at soccer, it's just that Kim Jong-il was sending the team strategies via thought waves*; it's his fault. <s>North Korea</s> Korea DPR made it to the Quarter Finals in 1966.

*I Am Not Making This Up. Their coach claims that Kim Jong-il stands facing South Africa and telepathically sends him strategies before and during the games.

Of course, North Korea's elimination may have something to do with their abysmal training budget. They trained at a public gym in Johannesburg because they couldn't afford anything else. It may also have something to do with the fact that there is no food in their country. Or that, you know, they suck at soccer.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Next