Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 7:27 am

Fred is getting his own movie.

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby MY85 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:55 am

Mewberries151 wrote:
MY85 wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:
MY85 wrote:
TheLQ wrote:
MY85 wrote:I'd rather eat a cactus before watching The Fairly OddParents.

That show isn't that bad
I always found Timmy obnoxious and unfunny. Why people find him or the show appealing, I have no idea.

I can personally say, I don't really watch it for Timmy. I watch it for Cosmo and Wanda (and now Poof because, I'll admit, plot device or no...he is kinda cute X3 ).
Isn't Timmy like the main focus of the show? Cosmo and Wanda are probably better, but that ain't saying much.

The only way I'd force myself to watch a FOP movie would have to involve either Joss Whedon or Quentin Tarantino as the director and that's even pushing it. No way that's gonna happen.

Timmy is technically the "main character" and most of the episodes do revolve around him and his issues, but Cosmo and Wanda are important "pseudo-main characters" and have had several episodes centered on them as well. I mean...the show is called "Fairly OddParents". Not, "Buck-Toothed Kid with Stupid Pink Hat and His Issues". *snickers* It's an ensemble show really, IMO.
Whedon would kill off Wanda or Cosmo. XD

From the little I watched, it was more like "Buck-Toothed Kid with Stupid Pink Hat and His Issues" rather than "Fairly OddParents".

BTW, Fred sucks. I mean, we're not talking about Fred... but we're talking about FOP instead. Neither are my cup of tea.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:07 am

MY85 wrote:BTW, Fred sucks. I mean, we're not talking about Fred... but we're talking about FOP instead. Neither are my cup of tea.

^^; Good point. Going back on topic to Fred...

Having seen the trailer for this movie (and after reminding myself that nothing can surpass ATLA as worst movie- *shot* ), I am willing to give this movie a chance.

...If only to see if it can do "Movie Centering Around a Comedian With Very Little Plot"...the way the Peewee Herman movie was done.

Er..."PeeWee's Big Adventure" rather...not "Big Top PeeWee". The latter was really disturbing. >_>;

I have always found that movie funny and, at heart...it's a comedian...taking a well-known character...on a riculous journey that otherwise really has no plot. If Fred Figglehorn can do his movie that way, then power to him, but otherwise, it's probably going to be a wash. ^^;
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rho » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:44 am

Also.. what on earth did they do to poor Jennette McCurdy!?

The movie ruins the whole charm of the videos. One person, and any other characters are off-screen.
Overrated. He's decent. But he doesn't deserve this fame.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby optimus304 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:31 pm

Carth wrote:
* Fred Figglehorn, a character created by Lucas Cruikshank

Also known as http://www.youtube.com/user/fred .

And I can understand it. He's popular with the tweenage set Nickelodeon's trying to target, the channel clearly sees some sort of potential with him, and he's already immensely widespread, which to them would be like a license to print money from his *looks* 1,943,559 subscribers.

And look at it this way - if Nickelodeon can milk Mr. Lucas successfully, then that might open the door to more adaptations of internet sensations. I'll be over here hoping for an adaptation of Gunnerkrigg Court...

And now I'm starting to watch his videos. Thanks a lot.

Also, I find it funny/disturbing that all of his profile comments consist of people pleading for him to subscribe to them so that they can get more hits on their own pages.

watched one second of his first video.....turned it off....almost stole my soul.
been thier, destroyed that, saved them,
optimus304 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Previous