Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:43 pm

Yes it's a sin against God, and your going to go to hell!

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby . » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:00 pm

._. wrote:
S.A.I. wrote:
._. wrote:
D.T. Evolution wrote:
AngelBolt wrote:So, the main argument that local newscaster are reporting down here is that there's a farm that uses a plant that's resistant to weed killer. But pollen manages to escape the facilities whenever the wind blows, and it's choking the local flora.

So, we shouldn't use genetically-engineered salmon because they'll blow away in the wind. :umm:

It's extremely unlikely but what if one of these fish mate with the natural fish? Yes I know they're sterile but they can't guarantee it.

The whole thing makes me feel uneasy. When we start playing God, God starts playing God with us, and He's a whole lot better at it.

Yeah, well if they keep the fish in the tanks when they're not being made into food I don't see the problem.

[size=0]Oh, there it is[/size]

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x87han_28-days-later-infected-apes_shortfilms

I don't have a dailymotion account, soliek I can't watch it.

Summary plox?

The opening scene of 28 Days Later, where a group of PETA members break into a science lab to release the monkeys used in scientific research. Despite the scientist explaining why this is a very idea (they're infected with the Zombie virus) they don't listen and set the monkeys free.

28 days later, civilization has all but collapsed.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:11 pm

S.A.I. wrote:
._. wrote:
S.A.I. wrote:
._. wrote:
D.T. Evolution wrote:
AngelBolt wrote:So, the main argument that local newscaster are reporting down here is that there's a farm that uses a plant that's resistant to weed killer. But pollen manages to escape the facilities whenever the wind blows, and it's choking the local flora.

So, we shouldn't use genetically-engineered salmon because they'll blow away in the wind. :umm:

It's extremely unlikely but what if one of these fish mate with the natural fish? Yes I know they're sterile but they can't guarantee it.

The whole thing makes me feel uneasy. When we start playing God, God starts playing God with us, and He's a whole lot better at it.

Yeah, well if they keep the fish in the tanks when they're not being made into food I don't see the problem.

Summary plox?

The opening scene of 28 Days Later, where a group of PETA members break into a science lab to release the monkeys used in scientific research. Despite the scientist explaining why this is a very idea (they're infected with the Zombie virus) they don't listen and set the monkeys free.

So in a nutshell, people are idiots, especially vegans.

Yes. Yes we are.

But still, the benefits outweigh the possible issues.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby . » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:57 pm

._. wrote:
S.A.I. wrote:
._. wrote:
S.A.I. wrote:
._. wrote:
D.T. Evolution wrote:

Summary plox?

Yes. Yes we are.

Collapse of civilization via Zombies is a "possible issue"? :*D
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:05 pm

S.A.I. wrote:
._. wrote:
S.A.I. wrote:
._. wrote:
S.A.I. wrote:
._. wrote:
D.T. Evolution wrote:

Summary plox?

Yes. Yes we are.

Where exactly did I say a zombie outbreak ending life as we know it was a "possible issue" of genetically enhancing fish to grow quicker?

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby . » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:48 pm

._. wrote:
S.A.I. wrote:
._. wrote:
S.A.I. wrote:
._. wrote:
S.A.I. wrote:
._. wrote:
D.T. Evolution wrote:

Summary plox?

Yes. Yes we are.

Where exactly did I say a zombie outbreak ending life as we know it was a "possible issue" of genetically enhancing fish to grow quicker?

I'm sorry. I meant to say JUST a "possible issue"?
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:12 pm

S.A.I. wrote:
._. wrote:
S.A.I. wrote:
._. wrote:
S.A.I. wrote:
._. wrote:
S.A.I. wrote:
._. wrote:
D.T. Evolution wrote:

Summary plox?

Yes. Yes we are.

Oh okay.

Same difference, I say. One could argue that going down the path of genetic modification could result in developing the T-virus.

Still, there are many destinations along said path, and not all of them result in the apocalypse.

Let the fish fry, says I.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tangent128 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:46 pm

Massive post pyramid!

Just like to note that stewardship of the world does not mean "don't touch it"; it means "take good care of it, don't ruin it- be involved".
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheLQ » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:37 pm

._. wrote:
S.A.I. wrote:
._. wrote:
S.A.I. wrote:
._. wrote:
S.A.I. wrote:
._. wrote:
S.A.I. wrote:
._. wrote:
D.T. Evolution wrote:

Summary plox?

Yes. Yes we are.

Oh okay.

Same difference, I say. One could argue that going down the path of genetic modification could result in developing the T-virus.

Still, there are many destinations along said path, and not all of them result in the apocalypse.

Anything can happen, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't go forward. Gas explodes, but people wanted it to move a car so bad that they developed it. Did things go wrong? Sure. Was the end result though better than not doing it? Hell no.

-----

Lol, thats a ton of quotes
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:03 pm

TheLQ wrote:
._. wrote:
S.A.I. wrote:
._. wrote:
S.A.I. wrote:
._. wrote:
S.A.I. wrote:
._. wrote:
S.A.I. wrote:
._. wrote:
D.T. Evolution wrote:

Summary plox?

Yes. Yes we are.

Oh okay.

Anything can happen, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't go forward. Gas explodes, but people wanted it to move a car so bad that they developed it. Did things go wrong? Sure. Was the end result though better than not doing it? Hell no.

-----

Lol, thats a ton of quotes

So we all agree on something? Yay! Cue the sunshine, rainbows, lolcats, and skittles!

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Jazzy Josh » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:44 pm

This probably should be a non-issue. I hear from reliable sources that salmon grown in farms isn't as good as natural salmon.

@Jazzy Josh on Twitter.
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Previous