Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 12:10 pm

Let's Talk Tech II - Over a year of Tech! :)

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Where to go from here?

Wait for S3
23%
Consolidate our ideas
47%
Push for Moonscoop!
30%

Total votes : 47

Postby Chosen_one » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:05 pm

Cassius335 wrote:
Sithking Zero wrote:Second off, LYOKO HAS BEEN DESTROYED. THERE ARE NO TOWERS.

If that's true, what's keeping the Digital Sea present?
My guess is that the digital sea isn't part of Lyoko; it is just an endless space in which you keep falling forever. That's why Yumi was rematerialized after she fell into the digital sea in that one episode.

Also, what makes you say the digital sea is still there? Just because it didn't appear to be sucked into the giant, endless vortex doesn't mean it wasn't deleted.
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:22 pm

Chosen_one wrote:Also, what makes you say the digital sea is still there? Just because it didn't appear to be sucked into the giant, endless vortex doesn't mean it wasn't deleted.

Mew mentioned something about the Sea being present in that final shot of Xana-William-in-Black, IIRC.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Naton » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:12 pm

The sea is a 'digital void' isn't it? More like the stage Lyoko is built on than a part of Lyoko its self.
Naton offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Astro-Xana » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:13 pm

Is it possible for William to boil the digital sea which would turn it pitch black and have it sizzling hot which would also make it poisonous?

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:18 am

Na'Tona wrote:The sea is a 'digital void' isn't it? More like the stage Lyoko is built on than a part of Lyoko its self.

According to the episode Tidal Wave (among others), there does appear to be rather a lot of water involved too. Still, good analogy.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:24 am

Astronomical X.A.N.A. wrote:Is it possible for William to boil the digital sea which would turn it pitch black and have it sizzling hot which would also make it poisonous?

He could probbly heat sections of it (ever notice in the bath how some parts (nearer the tap, usually) are hotter than others?)

But boiling turns the water black and poisonous? What water have you been drinking lately? :nyeh!:
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stonecreek » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:24 am

The shot Mew was referring to did indeed look like there was water under William. I am inclined to think, however,t hat this is our first glipse of what the net is going to look like in the show. For one, the digital sea never had any sort of ripples of the order this water had. Second, it makes sense that Wiliam would be there. As for the digital sea being part of Lyoko, I think it is. It was probably a space left so that the creators could make changes or add on to Lyoko whenever they saw fit.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:05 pm

Stonecreek wrote:The shot Mew was referring to did indeed look like there was water under William. I am inclined to think, however,t hat this is our first glipse of what the net is going to look like in the show. For one, the digital sea never had any sort of ripples of the order this water had. Second, it makes sense that Wiliam would be there. As for the digital sea being part of Lyoko, I think it is. It was probably a space left so that the creators could make changes or add on to Lyoko whenever they saw fit.

Sounds reasonable.

Page 40. Not long now...
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:08 pm

Cassius335 wrote:
Stonecreek wrote:The shot Mew was referring to did indeed look like there was water under William. I am inclined to think, however,t hat this is our first glipse of what the net is going to look like in the show. For one, the digital sea never had any sort of ripples of the order this water had. Second, it makes sense that Wiliam would be there. As for the digital sea being part of Lyoko, I think it is. It was probably a space left so that the creators could make changes or add on to Lyoko whenever they saw fit.

Sounds reasonable.

Page 40. Not long now...

I really wish I had that episode so I could check again for myself :P
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby codeTONY » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:27 pm

Which episode #? I'll check.
OMG Japanese desu yo ( ^.^)( -.-)( _ _)
I am the 334th user here on LF. bee tee dubs.
gay | UxO, UxW shipper | artist | writer |musician | trilingual | cosplayer | Otakon '07 attendee as Odd~ | ConnectiCon '09 attendee | Avatard | Odd's boy
My LJ!

♪♫♥
codeTONY offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:25 am

TB3 wrote:
Cassius335 wrote:

Sounds reasonable.

Page 40. Not long now...

I really wish I had that episode so I could check again for myself :P

I have a screenshot of it...if that helps? ^^

Planet Net?

It's the bottom part of that screen that's the most interesting...that definitely looks like water...and land of some sort. ^^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:33 am

Just had a look at the ending. From the timing, I think that screen is Lyoko just before Carthage finishes deleting and Jeremie's window closes... and all that's left of Lyoko is the Digital Sea (which, itself, didn't seem to have any indication of being deleted).
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:31 am

I found an interesting article on Wikipedia today about Atomic or "Nuclear" Batteries - seems these things are indeed in development.

Reading the article it seems that yes, we have the right idea in how these work - i.e. exploiting passive radioactive decay to generate current. Today's nuclear batteries however do this via a device similar to a photovoltic cell (the thing powering your pocket calculator) - our version is much more powerful and efficient, being a Hopperian spin on the idea ;)

Also, someone's added a note to the bottom of the page mentioning the 'Uranium' nuclear battery powering Code Lyoko's supercomputer - I really wish I could edit that, but some moron here at university has been blocked from Wikipedia and it's affected the entire campus :P hehe.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:59 pm

Fixed it, I think.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Chosen_one » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:47 pm

Yeah, it says "nuclear" now.
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Jazzy Josh » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:51 am

I changed the article to say Lead-210 and added internal links

@Jazzy Josh on Twitter.
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TB3 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:15 pm

Lyoko is Cool wrote:I changed the article to say Lead-210 and added internal links

No guys - I didn't want that - it makes us seem pretentious. All I wanted was the point made that although people think it's Uranium, evidence suggests it's a weaker isotope.

We don't want to be seen as Wikipedia spammers do we? :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jazzy Josh » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:44 pm

You misunderstand ^_^ I had left Uranium in there and put "As of now, some fans currently theorize that the fuel for the battery is Lead-210 as its half life is 22.3 years." at the end. I could however, re-edit it to say that it could be ab isotope of Lead.

@Jazzy Josh on Twitter.
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Astro-Xana » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:43 pm

Now I have an interesting question about the multiple supercomputers in Season 4 which is that does it have something to do with the fact that Franz Hopper used the RTTP which resulted in replicated versions of the original supercomputer made by Franz Hopper due to the fact that if you were to time travel (return to the past in this case), the entire universe would be replicated resulting in the creation of another universe (a parallel universe) just like the original? And this parallel universe you time traveled to would obviously correspond to the period of time to which you traveled. Therefore, because Franz used the RTTP 2546 times, there would be 2546 parallel universes with each one containing a supercomputer obviously since that the very 1st time he used the RTTP resulted in the creation of one parallel universe which he entered through the RTTP and the other 2545 RTTPs set a creation of a total of 2546 parallel universes he went to, thus leaving him 2546 parallel universes away from the real universe containing his real self (meaning that when Franz first used the RTTP, he immediately awakened in his replicated form in the 1st created parallel universe). But if you were to add on the RTTPs Jeremy used, that would leave him as well as everyone else a little more than 2546 parallel universes away.

Now as for traveling into the future, the future does not exist. It will only exist when you have reached it. For example, life itself (the entire universe) 2 hours from now does not exist. But when exactly 2 hours pass, it will exist. However, if a person on Earth were to time travel 2 hours into the future, there will be a parallel universe created for him which he will enter (a replicated universe corresponding to the time to which he traveled which is 2 hours). But as for the rest of the people on Earth in the real universe, 2 hours from now (the future) does not exist. But as for the person who has time traveled 2 hours into the future, it does exist because he is in that parallel universe in which 2 hours from now is present time for that person and all of the replicated people.

But anyway, now that you've heard all of that, I'm thinking that because there are multiple supercomputers, that means there are multiple Xanas in all those parallel universes created by the RTTP which are all controlling the Replikas in the virtual world. Therefore, the gang must find a way to travel to these parallel universes (obviously through Translation since time travel will not result in the gang going to those parallel universes, but only in the creation of even more, meaning more supercomputers and more Xanas) and destroy Xana in each and every one of these parallel universes.

Now how would they go about doing that you ask? It would be something very freaky because once Jeremy does Translation on the gang in materializing them into a parallel universe, once they are materialized in their Lyoko forms, the gang in their Lyoko forms will meet their replicas who are normal looking and will meet replicated Jeremy as well whom the gang in their Lyoko outfits must convince their replicas and replicated Jeremy that they are not Xana's clones and that they are here to stop Xana in each and every parallel universe. And once convinced, replicated Jeremy will have to invent the whole process of translation again (obviously since the last time Jeremy used the RTTP was a long time ago) and virtualize them back inside the replicated supercomputer and Translate them to another parallel universe where they will have to go through the same process over and over again.

However, the gang will get translated to parallel universes in which replicated Aelita is linked to Xana through her confined memories (obviously meaning that shutting down the supercomputer will result in Aelita being unconscious as protrayed early in Season 2). Therefore, convincing the replicas in that situation will be much harder as they will not believe the gang in their new outfits and will not be willing to shut down the supercomputer and kill replicated Aelita in order for the gang in their new outfits to move on to another parallel universe which means that they will have to show the replicas the way of making Aelita get her memory back from Franz Hopper and having replicated Jeremy inventing the process known as "Translation."

Then after that is all cleared away, after replicated Jeremy has invented the Translation process again and translates them to another parallel universe, he will then shut down the supercomputer safely knowing that Aelita has her memory restored thanks to the new gang from Season 4, thus resulting in the death of one Xana with only 2546 and a little more Xanas to go!

Question: When was the last time Franz Hopper used the RTTP before Xana was born? Because if at RTTP #2546 (the final RTTP Franz Hopper used) was when Xana was born, then that would mean there would only be a number of parallel universes containing Xana pertaining to the number of RTTPs that Jeremy used only since Xana didn't even exist during all those RTTPs Franz Hopper used. But all those other parallel universes created by all of those RTTPs Franz Hopper used would each contain a supercomputer nonetheless, but not Xana!

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Sithking Zero » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:34 pm

... is there any way you could simplify that a little? I got something about there being paralell universes, but it was kinda confusing...

And I kinda get the gist of what you're trying to say, but the overall thing escapes me.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:42 pm

Don't worry about it Sith. Looks like he's got the gist of season 4 wrong to me.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Astro-Xana » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:59 pm

Seriously, Cassius335, I really tried very hard on this. I sat there for like 2 or more hours constantly thinking all this up. And this is not a bunch of weird junk I just typed right off the top of my head either.

Now as for the Replikas, I'm thinking that they were not created by Franz Hopper nor by anyone else. They were all created by the RTTP. As I stated before, when you return to the past, you do not simply go back in time while remaining in the same universe--you have actually time traveled to an exact replica of the universe (a parallel universe) where even you as well as everyone else are replicated.

Now these Replikas (islands) in the virtual world are replicated miniture versions of Lyoko which would mean that they are small traces of a connection between all of the parallel (replicated) universes created by the RTTP with the virtual world in the supercomputer of the current universe (the parallel universe that everyone entered since the last RTTP). And perhaps these Replikas will look different because of the fact that some of these parallel universes created by the RTTP have a weaker or stronger connection with the current universe.

Also, I'm thinking that the 1st RTTP done by Franz Hopper after Lyoko's creation (which I'm not sure if Lyoko was created at the same time Xana was) resulted in the creation of the 1st Replika. And depending on if Xana was created before Lyoko was, that would result in that 1st Replika under Xana's control from the supercomputer in the universe separate from the parallel universe created by that 1st RTTP after Lyoko's creation. And this parallel universe created by that 1st RTTP would obviously consist of the supercomputer containing that 1st Replika controlled by the other Xana in the other universe while the Xana in this parallel universe (the replicated Xana) just continues on with being his evil self while that 1st Replika under the other Xana's control does not have any connection with the real world of this parallel universe. Perhaps this is because of the fact that Lyoko was not destroyed and stands in the way of the Replikas having any connection with the real world. Or maybe because Xana wanted to purposely wait until the very end when Lyoko was destroyed in order for the Xanas to perform their suprise attack on the real world through all of their controlled Replikas.

Now as for if Xana was created after the 1st RTTP done by Franz Hopper after Lyoko's creation, that would result in the creation of the 1st Replika, but not controlled by Xana as Xana didn't exist at the time before the 1st RTTP was done by Franz Hopper after Lyoko's creation. Which would mean that the gang would not have to be translated to the parallel universe of that Replika since Xana doesn't even exist in that universe and has no control over it.

Finally, now that these Replikas have been introduced, that would mean the new gang from Season 4 (Team Lyoko in their new outfits) will actually be translated to episodes from Seasons 1 and 2 (as these are the episodes in which the RTTP was used). As a matter of fact, they will be translated to all of the episodes (parallel universes) that featured the use of the RTTP and meet their former selves from those previous episodes and convince them that they are here to destroy Xana in all of the parallel universes created by the RTTP that he's in. But however, Xana William in the current universe (the parallel universe that everyone entered since the last RTTP) will translate himself to all of the parallel universes created by the RTTP (those episodes from Seasons 1 and 2) and cause destruction in those universes and attempt to seek out the replicated gang and Jeremy and destroy them in all of those parallel universes. In addition, Xana will send his new monsters to these parallel universes as well which the gang from Season 4 in their new Lyoko outfits must battle. And furthermore, they must prevent Jeremy in each and every one of these parallel universes from being killed as they must rely on him to get translated. Therefore, it's a race against Xana for the gang in Season 4 to protect the current universe from the controlled Replikas that are having an effect on the real world in the current universe!

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:31 pm

Ah, it's sweet that you've tried (I think), but unless you've got a shred of evidence for any of this, this basically IS a bunch of weird junk you've made up off the top of your head.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Astro-Xana » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:37 am

But like I said, there is no evidence for this because it is not real--it is only a theory of mine. Also, I did not make this stuff up from the top of my head--it was from VERY deep and at the bottom of my head!

But anyway, now that I came up with this theory, Season 4 would be plotted out like this (in my strange view of Season 4). First off, once a controlled Replika has an effect on the real world in the current universe, Team Lyoko must be translated to the parallel universe of that Replika (which is, like I said before, an episode featuring the use of the RTTP from either Season 1 or 2) where the gang from Season 4 in their new outfits will meet their former selves and the Jeremy replica as well as notice destruction and Xana's new monsters sent in this parallel universe. And S4TL (Season 4 Team Lyoko) must destroy these monsters in order to protect RJ (replicated Jeremy) who is the one who will translate S4TL back into the current universe and shut down the supercomputer after doing so (as informed upon S4TL's arrival into this parallel universe). This will result in S4TL being translated back into the current universe with Jeremy being proud that they succeeded in their mission of having RJ shut down the supercomputer resulting in the deletion of that Replika attacking the real world of the current universe. And after S4TL has been translated back to the current universe, they will notice on the supercomputer's monitor that the Replika is being deleted due to the fact that after RJ translated S4TL back into the current universe, he shut down the supercomputer.

But as for the supercomputer that was shut down by RJ in that parallel universe, it did contain Lyoko because that parallel universe as stated before, was an episode from either Season 1 or 2 that featured the use of the RTTP which means RJ had to be informed not to use the RTTP because of the fact that the RTTP would result in the creation of another parallel universe meaning the creation of another Replika controlled by Xana. Another thing is that RJ would have to invent the whole process of Translation all over again which could get tedious for every parallel universe that S4TL translates to with all of the RJs having to invent Translation when S4TL arrives. Therefore, Jeremy of the current universe would have to get in touch with all his other selves in all those other parallel universes and tell them about how to invent Translation and the whole story about these Replikas and about the threat of the RTTP as well. Jeremy of the current universe would obviously do that by typing to them resulting in the information being sent through the digital sea to the parallel universes to which Jeremy sent his information. Also, JOTCU (Jeremy of the current universe) will have to somehow create copies of Aelita's restored memories in the current universe and send them all to the other parallel universes where each Aelita replica will acquire them and have their memories restored.

Then once Xana has a Replika attack the real world of the current universe, S4TL will have to get translated to the parallel universe of that Replika to make sure RJ doesn't get killed by Xana's new monsters sent there as he is the one who will translate the gang back to the current universe and shut down the supercomputer of this parallel universe just as RJ was informed by JOTCU. But maybe perhaps all of the RJs will not have to invent Translation because maybe JOTCU will be able to translate S4TL back to the current universe himself somehow.

Now as for if Xana were to have multiple Replikas (4 of them) attack the real world of the current universe, that would mean JOTCU would have to translate Yumi to the parallel universe of one of the Replikas, then the same goes for Ulrich and Odd, and then Aelita being translated to the parallel universe of the 4th Replica where each member of S4TL will individually accomplish their missions of deleting these 4 Replikas.

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Cassius335 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:40 am

Astronomical X.A.N.A. wrote:But like I said, there is no evidence for this because it is not real--it is only a theory of mine. Also, I did not make this stuff up from the top of my head--it was from VERY deep and at the bottom of my head!

Funny, but still basically stuff you've made up. Which goes completely against the point of this thread. Your last three posts should be in the S3/4 Spec thread, not here.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext