Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:07 am

Season 4 Discussion (Final Episodes now Online)

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Tekirai » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:12 pm

Gjifhilhfsiubanuuu. Ulrich should've kept the eye-thingy. Now I hate his outfit. xP HE LOOKS LIKE A SEA RESCUE PERSON.

WITH SWORDS.

I dunno.

Not to be a downer but so far S4 doesn't look all that amazing. To be honest. ( -.-)
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:12 pm

To be honest, the eye thingy (if it was the targeting mechanism it was suspected to be) would fit Odd better (since he's the one with the arrows).

Ulrich's Translation form (if that's what it is) looks cool.

The rest sounds REALLY good. And presumably the Digital Sea DID survive Carthage's (now temporary) destruction. I wonder if the Replika Islands are gonna show up all at once or one by one?
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:30 pm

Tekirai wrote:Not to be a downer but so far S4 doesn't look all that amazing. To be honest. ( -.-)

Listen to her. Really.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Cassius335 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:33 pm

Um, no. I see potential.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ghost Guest » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:44 pm

Good stuff is coming. New environments, new outfits, new weapons, new vehicles, new plots (this time the group has to destroy all the supercomputers that are under Xana's control)... that's all I could ask for.
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Cassius335 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:49 pm

Probably not destroy the physical supercomputer, no. Disinfect, more likely (deleting the Replika?)
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:54 pm

All I wish is for CL to end decently at 4 seasons.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Ghost Guest » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:00 pm

Cassius335 wrote:Probably not destroy the physical supercomputer, no. Disinfect, more likely (deleting the Replika?)

Well, destroy is the word they use in the article, but yeah, disinfect sounds more like it.

MakeYourself wrote:All I wish is for CL to end decently at 4 seasons.

You don't think they could create a decent fifth season?
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby MY85 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:06 pm

ese mae wrote:

You don't think they could create a decent fifth season?

Maybe, maybe not. I'm pretty dissapointed with Season 3 in the end.
MY85 offline

Postby Haruno Sakura » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:02 pm

I agree. I can't stand another cliffhanger, with them not defeating XANA. The 4th season NEEDS to be the very LAST one. It needs to be the best season of them all.
I am Haruno Sakura.
Haruno Sakura offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Location: Mc Donalds! The ones who started it all... Hormone injected food baby!

Postby TB3 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:23 pm

You know, hearing all this negativity really peeves me.

Guys - the people making Code: Lyoko LOVE the show as much as all of you. At Moonscoop during our visit the work atmosphere was incredibly positive, Jerome is stoked over the new series, the staff are busting their balls to make something good - heck Herman told me he and Serge would fight for the right to do S4's music, because they love the project that much.

And you all know how the VAs feel about the characters and the jobs they do.

I just ask that when this many people are working their butts off to make something for you guys, that you support them and not preach doom and gloom until you at least see a trailer, or a sample, or the final product.

Also, from what I know about Season 4, although the tone will change, I think it will be for the better. Are we all going to be angry, scared and petty because things change, or are we going to maturely accept and adapt to change?

Another point - now that we know there will be 2D battles in S4, does it seem like Hong Kong Animation was ramping the animation quality up during S3 in preparation?
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:24 pm

The kids are gonna be like the Power Rangers! COOL!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:52 pm

TB3 wrote:You know, hearing all this negativity really peeves me.

It's our opinions. If you don't like them, I don't know then.

TB3 wrote:Guys - the people making Code: Lyoko LOVE the show as much as all of you. At Moonscoop during our visit the work atmosphere was incredibly positive, Jerome is stoked over the new series, the staff are busting their balls to make something good - heck Herman told me he and Serge would fight for the right to do S4's music, because they love the project that much.

I love the show, but not the way it's currently going. At this rate, they are losing some good fans. You can tell it from looking at this forum. They can bust their butts off for doing something good. But tell me... they bust their butts off and gives up crap like Tidal Wave and Final Round. Jeremie is still corny and boring, but there has to be a geek on the show, so let it be him. Odd still behaves like a fool... but adding him corny lines isn't helping him. They made Jim's "I'd rather not talk about it" phrase sound stale and overused and making Jim look like a idiot.

TB3 wrote:And you all know how the VAs feel about the characters and the jobs they do.

Yes, we like most of the VAs (not only BBofC said they sucked... other people said here that the Voice Acting was bad) and we know how they feel about their characthers. Just because they love thier characthers, are we supposed to love them too? Heck no, I despise Herve and Hiroki who are a total waste in this show. David Gasman should complain about making him voice a moronic Jim.

TB3 wrote:I just ask that when this many people are working their butts off to make something for you guys, that you support them and not preach doom and gloom until you at least see a trailer, or a sample, or the final product.

So we can't criticize their flaws? Let's face it, Code Lyoko isn't the best show in the world and it will never be perfect. What made it really good? Watch the first two seasons and there's no explaining required.

TB3 wrote:Also, from what I know about Season 4, although the tone will change, I think it will be for the better. Are we all going to be angry, scared and petty because things change, or are we going to maturely accept and adapt to change?

Let's see what the change brings for Code Lyoko.

TB3 wrote:Another point - now that we know there will be 2D battles in S4, does it seem like Hong Kong Animation was ramping the animation quality up during S3 in preparation?

Maybe... hope it's for the best or they're losing one more fan.

TB3... sometimes, I'm thinking that the real reason Season 3 rocked so much to you was that you visited Moonscoop. Otherwise, you would be seeing Season 3 with different eyes. Not negative, but just different.
MY85 offline

Postby Carth » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:59 pm

TB3 wrote:You know, hearing all this negativity really peeves me.

Guys - the people making Code: Lyoko LOVE the show as much as all of you. At Moonscoop during our visit the work atmosphere was incredibly positive, Jerome is stoked over the new series, the staff are busting their balls to make something good - heck Herman told me he and Serge would fight for the right to do S4's music, because they love the project that much.

And you all know how the VAs feel about the characters and the jobs they do.

I just ask that when this many people are working their butts off to make something for you guys, that you support them and not preach doom and gloom until you at least see a trailer, or a sample, or the final product.

That's a good philosophy for any situation. Don't count your chickens before they hatch, but don't toss them out the window either.

Tis' good to know they love the show more than CN does. :D

TB3 wrote:Also, from what I know about Season 4, although the tone will change, I think it will be for the better. Are we all going to be angry, scared and petty because things change, or are we going to maturely accept and adapt to change?

Another point - now that we know there will be 2D battles in S4, does it seem like Hong Kong Animation was ramping the animation quality up during S3 in preparation?

Yay for Teebs! :salute:

I did notice a quality increase. Hopefully, in S4, we could see more 3D overworld animation than door movement.

My imagination's getting busy with all this as we speak. Heheh...evil imagination...

EDIT: Never mind. Ignore this whole post. It's a load of baseless crap. :arg:
Carth offline

Postby Tekirai » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:10 pm

... I can't even think of how to to word this. o_O; So far, S4 doesn't seem all that great. From all I've seen so far.

That doesn't mean I hate the show or think that 'z0|\/|G d15 53z0|\|4 5ux0rz!11one'.

*curls up and rolls away*
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:35 pm

Taelia wrote:The kids are gonna be like the Power Rangers! COOL!

Well, we don't know if they can translate (morph) directly into Lyoko form yet. My guess, they still have to go through Carthage and the Supercomputer to arrive on Earth in Lyoko form, at least for the March eps.

What I wanna know is, can J&A get the RTTP working again?
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Oddrik » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:12 pm

I think lyoko will end with season 4.. but then again, we probley didn't really expect a season 3, until season 2 was over of course.

I would love to see lyoko to go on to season 5 maybe even 6. But.. if it ends up like pokemon.. that would be horrible.
Code Lyoko X(My code lyoko rp site) - http://oddric2.proboards85.com/index.cgi
Lots of stuff to do in the Code Lyoko X, you can go into Lyoko whenever you want. Plus there's bountys on some monsters. AND there's bosses. You'll get the hang of rping in the site after a while. C'mon people please! It'll be fun rping after a while, I just need more people!

Oddrik offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:19 pm

I don't know that it was ever actually discussed in LTT, but how much did they really lose with Lyoko? The RTTP and super scan could be entirely different areas of the supercomputer and still exist feasibly. Not enough data to say unless we know something else.

TB3: I always give it a fair shake, I'm just a critic as well and this show was plagued by some unusually weak/stock characterization in S3. This was the case in S1 really mostly too, here's to hoping the even seasons are for progress? I'm not preaching doom and gloom at any rate, I'd gague myself as 'cautiously optomistic'

MakeYourself: It's fine to voice dissint, especially with real points and detail as you have. It's worth however, pointint out that nobody is going to change anything because of threats of leaving the community. It makes you sound immature if you do that, rather than simply discussing the issues at hand. If it ever gets to that point, just go with a minimum of fuss.

Just call me mister middle ground~

Anyhoo, I'm gonna reserve my speculations until we have more data, it's very tenative right now.

Also, I could go for a season 5, IF and only if, season 4 impresses me in an S2-ish manner. Otherwise, it may be time to end gracefully, CL already has a pretty strong run for an animated series.
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby DarkestSoul X21 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:32 pm

I found this on codelyoko.fr

CodeLyoko.Fr brings to you other infos on the season 4! Attention, spoiler, consult the continuation of the new ones for in to know more

20 000 places under the numerical sea The fourth season that all the lyokofans already await with impatience announces itself rich unexpected rebondissements. In first place, Jérémie and Aelita succeed in reprogrammer the fifth territory, this that allows our hero to resume stalks it mean virus. This time, they must explore the numerical sea for there to rediscover of the "Réplikas", sorts of virtual islands that are not finally anything else that of the retort Lyoko. Fortunately, always thanks to the small genius of the band, they do not leave the hands empty since they are equipped again suits, of weapons and of vehicles that allow for them to do an equal game with X.A.N.A....

A battle new field The true problem that puts itself to our hero, this is that behind every Réplika itself cache a new supercalculateur controlé by X.A.N.A.. To come to boils of their opponent a good time for all, our hero must destroy all the computers. For that Jérémie perfected a new procedure of "virtualisation/matérialisation", the "translation" that allows Ulrich, Odd, Yumi and Aelita to pass in the real world from the Réplikas, all while remaining under forms for them virtual. Evidemment,!

A picture of ulrich in season 4
http://codelyoko.fr/images/presse/mk1206_p1.jpg
Joined in 2005, left 2008, came back July 2011

Used to been XANAcomputer/lyokolover.
DarkestSoul X21 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:39 pm

Most of this sounds like the stuff announced earlier, except... UNDER the numerical sea??? :umm:
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tangent128 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:44 pm

Finally, a hint of things to come!

I would hardly consider four seasons to be enough. They need to go for at least... ten.
And have the 200th episode be a fun send-up of every show in their genre, themselves included.
But make it look like it's over at the eight season.
Oh, and kill off a character during the sixth season, but bring them back after that.
And have a spinoff that everybody'd rather not talk about. And another spinoff that they would.

:no: But there's never been a show that good... :no:

My first three lines are serious.
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TB3 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:44 pm

Cassius335 wrote:Most of this sounds like the stuff announced earlier, except... UNDER the numerical sea??? :umm:

That's the article title - I think it's just a pun on a certain novel by a great French Writer, Jules Verne ;)

Hmm - and I've already worked out how the kids can retain their powers outside of Lyoko and materialise without a scanner. The key is the old LTT macguffin, SAP Wormholes XD

But what really intrigues me is these new Supercomputers - what are they? Where did they come from? And when they all start going offline, are people gonna notice...maybe not just the mysterious Project Carthage - heck, how many supercomputers are there in the world? Who wants to bet XANA is lurking at MiT or NASA or something?

I can't wait! :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cassius335 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:52 pm

TB3 wrote:
Cassius335 wrote:Most of this sounds like the stuff announced earlier, except... UNDER the numerical sea??? :umm:

That's the article title - I think it's just a pun on a certain novel by a great French Writer, Jules Verne ;)

I recongnised the reference, but good to know it's the article title.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:36 pm

Maybe some of em are just plain ol' computers. There can't be that many supercomputers in the world.

But still, if XANA gets into some big ol' government thing, that'll be instant death for the Lyoko Gang. Which would actually be fun to watch.
Carth offline

Postby TB3 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:56 pm

Carth wrote:Maybe some of em are just plain ol' computers. There can't be that many supercomputers in the world.

But still, if XANA gets into some big ol' government thing, that'll be instant death for the Lyoko Gang. Which would actually be fun to watch.

Yes indeedy - especially if you consider this:

Eventually, jumping in and out of secure facilities and destroying hardware, the team will come across OTHER HUMANS! We might just see an interaction between Lyoko and reality we never expected.

Also, imagine if the kids get caught on camera, complete with them showing off their powers and so on.

OH WOW! I CAN'T WAIT! (goes fanboy)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext