Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 9:46 am

Episode idea: Shop 'til You're Dropped

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Episode idea: Shop 'til You're Dropped

Postby Cassius335 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:16 am

XANA regains control of the Supercalculator in order to Materialise the teams vehicles (including two Overboards), then possesses them in order to attack. Meanwhile, Sissi, Yumi and Aelita try to bond in the only way girls know... shopping!
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:47 am

That's a good idea!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby animenologist » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:31 pm

You know, someone really should make a topic to place all these episode ideas under. As for this one currently. Nice idea to do, once Sissi has solidified a truce or even befriend with the gang, which should be pretty soon. They've been making excellent strides in Season 2, that I can see it happening soon. Though I'm not sure of using the vehicles for attack, they have the destructive potential of a runaway car, which is not that much. Rather have a Megatank rolling around blasting things. And Yumi doesn't seem like the type to go shopping. Aelita and Sissi I can see, but how about use Odd instead of Yumi, seems the closest other person I can think of who would enjoy it. Have him mess around, try to pick up whats left of his now shattered social life, maybe add in some Odd/Sissi moments for those who enjoy that sorta thing.

"Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than in the one where they sprang up."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes.

"There is no such thing as a failed experiment, only experiments with unexpected outcomes."
-- Buckminster Fuller
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:47 pm

Yeah. Maybe have them call their Lyoko forms and powers on Earth for the first time?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:32 pm

I don't think that would work - Odd's cat-hands for example are impossible to support on such a narrow-wrist - he'd break his wrist when he shoots an arrow.

What I think this episode could be is a reference to all the great 'car-chase' movies, especially if it's focused around the over-vehicals.

IDEA 1:
The boys and Jim, in his pickuptruch/SUV/hatchback, are persued by the posessed vehicals into the mall where the girls are, and we can devote a few seconds to parodying 'The Blues Brothers.'

IDEA 2:
Kadic has leased out the gym-track area for a car-show, and along the way several famous movie-cars get wiped-out. The Back To The Future Delorean, Starsky and Hutch's car, Christine, the Dukes of Hazzard Car, the A-Team Van, 007's Aston-Martin etc.

IDEA 3:
At some point, I'd love Odd to jump onto the Overboard, which promply fires up and takes off vertically up to a height of 2000ft, and then tries to shake Odd off.

In short, this idea has potential to be the biggest-baddest-XANA smash stuff up-episode ever!
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:53 pm

XD
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Osiris » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:13 pm

TB3 wrote:I don't think that would work - Odd's cat-hands for example are impossible to support on such a narrow-wrist - he'd break his wrist when he shoots an arrow.

What I think this episode could be is a reference to all the great 'car-chase' movies, especially if it's focused around the over-vehicals.

IDEA 1:
The boys and Jim, in his pickuptruch/SUV/hatchback, are persued by the posessed vehicals into the mall where the girls are, and we can devote a few seconds to parodying 'The Blues Brothers.'

IDEA 2:
Kadic has leased out the gym-track area for a car-show, and along the way several famous movie-cars get wiped-out. The Back To The Future Delorean, Starsky and Hutch's car, Christine, the Dukes of Hazzard Car, the A-Team Van, 007's Aston-Martin etc.

IDEA 3:
At some point, I'd love Odd to jump onto the Overboard, which promply fires up and takes off vertically up to a height of 2000ft, and then tries to shake Odd off.

In short, this idea has potential to be the biggest-baddest-XANA smash stuff up-episode ever!

cool idea 3 sounds the best in my opnion
<b>My Youtube Videos!!!</b> www.youtube.com/clagnuts
Osiris offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:37 pm

I agree.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:28 am

TB3 wrote:I don't think that would work - Odd's cat-hands for example are impossible to support on such a narrow-wrist - he'd break his wrist when he shoots an arrow.

What makes you think his wrist wouldn't change too?

TB3 wrote:IDEA 1:

What if the vehicles were going after their "owners" (Aelita getting the attentions of the second Overboard).

TB3 wrote:IDEA 2:

Save THAT for it's own ep. Christine, in particular, is more likely to do the wiping out.

And I can just see the gang borrowing one of the cars for their own use, maybe even as a base for Sissi's OverVehicle.

TB3 wrote:IDEA 3:

What if Ulrich tries to jump on to the OverBike and gets possessed himself? Then Odd tries it later and gets a Psi-vision (maybe of the OverBike (which Ulrich riding) trying to run over Jeremy) which (as a side-effect) just manages to give Odd a bit of mental room to fight back with?
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:34 am

Good ideas Cassius - I'll file away the Car-Chase idea for another time (and I'm glad I found someone else who's seen Christine - bad to the bone, she is!)

So, now that we've thought a bit about the vehicals, how about the girls and the mall.

In our 'Fandom Season 3' timeline I'm assuming this falls about 2 or 3 episodes after 'Children of the Night', with Sissi the n00b on the team and her and the other girls trying to bond a bit.

Massive character development potential here! Especially if they go to a cafe in the mall, Aelita goes off to use the toilet or something, and then Yumi and Sissi are left alone.

What would the topic of conversation turn to?

Ulllllllrich! ;)

Now how would that go? And more importantly would Sissi be any different in her attitudes thanks to the replacement of her memories - all that character development from earlier episodes has come rushing back, how will it affect her?
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:42 am

TB3 wrote:Good ideas Cassius - I'll file away the Car-Chase idea for another time (and I'm glad I found someone else who's seen Christine - bad to the bone, she is!)

So, now that we've thought a bit about the vehicals, how about the girls and the mall.

In our 'Fandom Season 3' timeline I'm assuming this falls about 2 or 3 episodes after 'Children of the Night', with Sissi the n00b on the team and her and the other girls trying to bond a bit.

Massive character development potential here! Especially if they go to a cafe in the mall, Aelita goes off to use the toilet or something, and then Yumi and Sissi are left alone.

What would the topic of conversation turn to?

Ulllllllrich! ;)

Now how would that go? And more importantly would Sissi be any different in her attitudes thanks to the replacement of her memories - all that character development from earlier episodes has come rushing back, how will it affect her?

Umm... What about swapping that round? Yumi goes to the toilet and Aelita ends up talking to Sissi.

And... maybe Aelita implies she has a crush on another member of the group besides Jeremy, but refuses to be drawn on who.
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:50 am

I'm not so sure about that last bit (Aelita and Jeremie is a constant pretty much, but it's all opinion) - what would be interesting is if we set up the perfect situation for the much-anticipated Yumi/Sissi Ulrich-Catfight, and instead changed it all around - I like the idea of Sissi talking to Aelita, but maybe about something else...could Sissi have a crush on Odd or something that's beginning to come out?

Meh, weak ideas on my part - what do you thing we could have?

BRAINFLASH!

Keep your idea about Aelita implying she has a crush on someone else (except she doesn't), and get the fanbase crazy, but what if she was actually implying that Sissi should make her move on one of the team-members in her own clever way (reverse psycology),

What do you think - we could keep this little ruse of Aelita's running for an ep or two just to thow the show's balance off-kilter.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:58 am

I agree with TB3 there.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:01 am

TB3 wrote:I'm not so sure about that last bit (Aelita and Jeremie is a constant pretty much, but it's all opinion) - what would be interesting is if we set up the perfect situation for the much-anticipated Yumi/Sissi Ulrich-Catfight, and instead changed it all around - I like the idea of Sissi talking to Aelita, but maybe about something else...could Sissi have a crush on Odd or something that's beginning to come out?

Season 2 hinted that way, so yeah, she could... while still having feelings for Ulrich that haven't yet died down.

TB3 wrote:Meh, weak ideas on my part - what do you thing we could have?

BRAINFLASH!

Keep your idea about Aelita implying she has a crush on someone else (except she doesn't), and get the fanbase crazy, but what if she was actually implying that Sissi should make her move on one of the team-members in her own clever way (reverse psycology),

What do you think - we could keep this little ruse of Aelita's running for an ep or two just to thow the show's balance off-kilter.

Basically, yeah... though I wouldn't be so sure it was a ruse. If WE'RE not sure (and let's face it, they ARE teenagers, so even the much loved J/A relationship is threatenable) it'll be that much easier to pull the audience's strings.
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak