Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 11:40 am

C&C PWNS ALL!!!

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Have you played C&C ever?

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes : 7

C&C PWNS ALL!!!

Postby Omega » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:14 pm

Hey everybody, this is just about the world's GREATEST RTS game series in the world --

This series was started by Westwood Studios, now owned by EA Games. Westwood created the world's first real-time strategy (RTS) game; Dune II.

The first game of the series is Command & Conquer. This game took place in the Tiberium Universe, where an alien resource suddenly starts appearing all over the earth, but wherever it goes it sucks the minerals straight out of the soil. This is the main resource in most other C&C games, too.

Next was Command & Conquer: The Cover Operations. This was simply a horrible expansion pack that not many people enjoyed.

Next on our C&C list was Command & Conquer Red Alert. This was in a new universe, where Einstein invented the chronosphere device to travel back in time. Of course, he killed Adolf Hitler, and WWII didn't go quite right. Instead, the Allies were against Mother Russia.

Command & Conquer Red Alert The Aftermath -- expansion to Red Alert
Command & Conquer Red Alert Counterstrike -- expansion to Red Alert

Another Tiberian game - Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun. This was their first game with three dimensional graphics that looked good. It was an exciting game that I played through and thouroughly enjoyed. As a matter of fact, I used the screen name Commander McNeil for a while, while thouroughly (sp?) enjoying seeing Kane go up in flames... mwuhahahahaha *cough*Ion cannon*cough*.

Another expansion - Command & Conquer Firestorm, and expansion to Tiberian Sun.

Next is a personall favorite - Command & Conquer Red Alert 2. I loved being the allies, because of one person: Tanya! It was a great game and was a continuation of a world without Hitler. A worse world.

This expansion was almost like a whole new game - Command & Conquer Red Alert Yuri's Revenge. My favorite part is the opening scene:
"Is it done, Yuri?" - Premier Romanof
"No, premier. It has only begun." - Yuri

Next is Westwood's only FPS game - Command & Conquer Renegade. This game took place in the tiberian universe, and the main character is Commander Havoc, an elite GDI commando. The inspiration for this game came from the original game, and the main character is actually your favorite unit: The Commando. Many people enjoy his one-hit-destroy C4 charge on building catch phrase:

"I got a present for ya!"
Also was a reference quote to the Commando's special quote in Renegade:

"You're going up against the whole crew yourself?" - GDI Prisioner
"Don't seem fair, do it? Maybe I'll shoot left-handed." - Havoc
A favorite quote of some fans was "That was left handed!" - The Commando

The next game is newer: Command & Conquer Generals. This one takes place in the modern world, with terrorists and all. Some people agree that EA was merely taking advantage of the war, but I don't think so. That was not how Louis Castle, co-founder of Westwood Studios and brain of C&C.

The last installment: Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour. Just an expansion.

If you have any feedback about this game, just say so! All opinions welcome, all references welcome. Etc, etc.
Last edited by Omega on Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If 'poly' means many, and 'tics' are blood-sucking insects, then what are 'politics'?

See my Command & Conquer thread. C&C PWNS ALL!!!

Ω
--Omega
Omega offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: Either reading forums, watching C:L, or.... one of those

Postby Jeremie Lover » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:20 pm

PWNs? what does that mean?
I Was Sissi Delmas Lover
Jeremie Lover offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:25 pm

It's "Leet Speech". It stands for "Owns"...which in this case means it is better than all the rest. :D
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Osiris » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:49 pm

and in this case its true :D C+ rules i have gevnerals plus zerohour expantion pack and they are indeed great games but the original is still the best IMO
<b>My Youtube Videos!!!</b> www.youtube.com/clagnuts
Osiris offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Omega » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:08 pm

All right, just so ya know, I'm now going to be putting in updates and news about this AWESOME series.

First off - Generals was meant to be C&C 3 aka Command & Conquer Tiberian Twilight. This would be the third - and final - Tiberian war.

However, the project was changed to Generals because EALA (EA Los Angelas) closed down the Westwood Studios building in Las Vegas, and much of the team left. Some of them stayed, however.

Another thing - The next installment is on its way! Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 might be coming out soon. This was acknowledged by someone who's name escapes me, but was the head of the C&C team! This is exciting news for all you C&C fans!

If you want information into the storyline, characters, or anything else, check Wikipedia! It's awesome!

Lastly, I currently am listening to Hell's March, one of the original songs from the Red Alert soundtrack. I love it! Even though I don't like the Soviets. DIE PREMIERE ROMANOV AND YOUR EVIL PSYCHOPATHIC MUTANT WANTING ADVISOR YURI!!! DIE IN THE PIT FROM WHICH YOU CAME!!!

Erm... yeah.... I don't like the Soviets. Hehehe.
If 'poly' means many, and 'tics' are blood-sucking insects, then what are 'politics'?

See my Command & Conquer thread. C&C PWNS ALL!!!

Ω
--Omega
Omega offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: Either reading forums, watching C:L, or.... one of those