Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:14 am

Missing Link

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

On a scale of Fresh to Stale, how was this ep?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:20 pm

As fresh and exciting as DJ Aelita
77%
A bit stale, but nothing Odd wouldn't swallow
23%
So far gone we'd need Ulrich's katana to slice it
No votes

Total votes : 13

Postby Icelcis » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:32 pm

Amazing episode. Sissi is just getting too nice nowadays.... And Aelita! You're as stubborn as a fool! :nyeh!:

The scene is Yumi's house was great, although that may foreshadow some problems. I'm Japanese, and I cracked up at the line, "My mother warned me not to marry a man from Tokyo!" I'm from Tokyo, and I had another Japanese girl say that she couldn't date me because I was from Tokyo. Weird.

Icelcis offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby OB-waN » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:32 pm

OK, super thanks to TB3 for this and this episode is OK....it's just like the middle episodes of last season.

I like the fact that Yumi could be stuck in Lyoko forever, but a last she was saved.

The love story grow even more and the action is cool, but I feel just like SB. If I see that stupid monster come and try to take memory, i amgoing to root of the monster, for real.

We need something more, like a XANAquake or maybe XANA can take over the Zoo, when the guys are at a feild trip. Something otehr then him trying to get Aelita every episode.
This user has been banned.

OB-waN offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Location: In some galaxy, fighting with my Ominwrench 8000!!!

Postby Star Way » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:33 pm

That rocked! Definitely my favorite episode so far! And what's up with Sissi? Does this mean that Linii and I will prove all you Sissi-haters wrong once and for all? ;)

Hahaha, the part where Sissi comes out dressed as Yumi in blue, I SWEAR Ulrich wanted to say something like... "Yumi never wears anything that slutty."
Last edited by Star Way on Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby GOGOLINIICHAN! » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:36 pm

..I'm starting to notice that "odd feel" of the new season that you've all been talking about.. not necessarily because of the content of the episodes, but just because of the feel of them.. it's different..

Other than that little sidenote that I picked up during the eppy, I absolutely loved this.

Sissi is awesome. Loved her whole part in this episode, especially beating up the kids sitting next to her for calling her "Elisabeth" and "old-fashioned." She has such a great character. ^^
I <3 Stephen
[icon by meee, liniichan@lj]
GOGOLINIICHAN! offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Star Way » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:42 pm

Linii-chan wrote:..I'm starting to notice that "odd feel" of the new season that you've all been talking about.. not necessarily because of the content of the episodes, but just because of the feel of them.. it's different..

Season 2 is definitely a lot different from season 1, but personally I don't think it's bad at all. They've obviously got a better budget and the plotline is a lot more interesting now... I mean, no longer is it just, 'something's wrong with the real-world, transfer-scanner-virtualization, tower deactivated, back in time, and whatever drama the characters were going through is resolved.' Now the plot has thickened QUITE a bit, and personally, I feel it's for the better.

Also, this is going to sound amazingly vane, but (for those of you who have read my fanfic Of Acid Tears [which I am currently revising, btw])... did some elements of this episode not sound like it? Maybe I'm just making weird connections here...
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Dreamscape » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:49 pm

I notice they've been adding many more "shippy" moments to the episodes this season...

The whole DNA thing really does remind me of your fic, Erin. Actually a lot of things from the new season seem consistant with AT. Can't wait for the revamped version.
Dreamscape offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Lyn » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:49 pm

=D It was awesome. I agree, season two is... different, and... a lot more intense, I think. It's weird, but weird can be good, too, and I think thus far season two can be classified as 'Good'. ^_^ ...although, I wouldn't say no to /something/ blowing up.

Sissi pretending to be Yumi was hilarious! I wondered what would happen if someone found out that Sissi was Yumi... er, but I didn'y think everyone would! That kid sitting next to Sissi got what was coming, though. XD Wonder what she's getting at... acting nice is... very strange (I sat there thinking 'Did I miss something?') Heheh.

When Yumi got devirtualized... I freaked because I felt sure Jeremie got there too late. o0''' But, surprise surprise. ...They should make plushie versions of those Manta Rays.

Also. No possession. Shock and horror.
Lyn offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Arcangel613 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:49 pm

Ah yes the brillent people(I mean that in a good way) making this series decided to completly switch things up. they had the skipizoa attack Yumi for once! annnnnnnnnnnnd YAY FOR YxU ACTTION!!!!!!!!!! I am very hyper at the moment, but yay! they cuttled!! well, kinda. Now I can't wait for tomarrows episode!!!
Formerly Raven_613

Tekirai wrote:69% of the population thinks sexual innuendo is funny

I saw you smiling.

Arcangel613 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: New Azarath...what, you don't read the comics? the old azarath was destroyed ages ago. Darn Trigon.

Postby DL » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:56 pm

that was a little different...I mean I did not see it coming, but I still miss the mass destruction plans that XANA used to use

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Icelcis » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:57 pm

John wrote:that was a little different...I mean I did not see it coming, but I still miss the mass destruction plans that XANA used to use

Don't we all....

Icelcis offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Lyn » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:08 pm

I do! 'Cause stuff blowing up is just that cool.

Season two has been going so great. I bet they could make a great episode with stuff blowing up.

I remember something now. Odd getting smashed by that... pillar thing in the fifth reigion! oh me gee. Thaaat scared me. O_O I... almost screamed until I realized he only got devirtulized. XD
Lyn offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby YDV » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:10 pm

Wow, loved it! :D

Being the hXc Sissi fan I am, I loved her in this ep. I just love Code Lyoko in general. *_*

It was weird but cool that she was being so nice. Maybe she'll finally be able to go to Lyoko! *hears a voice inside tell me not to get my hopes up..*

Those Skipizoas are really getting on my nerves. "Yummy, brain juice! I think I'll be a plot device!"

Haha... YxU-ful :) I'm guessing Yumi was getting the ticket for Ulrich. But why does everyone at Kadic like the Subsonics? Jeez.
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:16 pm

This is my new favorite episode for season 2!!! Awesome plot line!! I'd been wondering whether the scithizoa could attack the others if it chose to. Awesome!!!

The 5th region scenes were so fantastic!!! The "adventure-style" ceiling drop was incredible! I felt kind of bad for Odd...poor guy...he got pancaked. XD But seriously, I was on the edge of my seat during that whole Lyoko scene!! And Odd made me laugh at the end again, "Ever get hit by a steam roller?" lol

Some very sweet Y/U moments, especially at the end. And some very interesting Sissi moments, to be sure! I'm rather impressed. I'm not quite sure what to think of this sudden change in character other than I can't wait to see where this is going! And like Jeremie and the others will be...I'll be keeping an eye on this. ;)

I was giggling throughout the scene where Ulrich sneaks into Yumi's house...boy was he lucky her parents didn't catch him. And Yumi's parents conversation in the background was rather hilarious to listen in on. One of my favorites was:
Yumi's Mom: "Sometimes I feel like you're not even listening to me."
Yumi's Dad: "*food sound* This is very good...what were you saying?"
XD While that could be taken seriously, it just seemed too light-hearted in general to not laugh at.

Season 2 had to be different from season 1 in certain ways in order to work, I feel. They couldn't just do the same thing over because I get the feeling we'd be sitting here going "*yawn* They covered this last season." Or something like that. This season's way more intense, and the continuous plotline is a pretty big change as well, although it may not seem so. But it has that same feel under there. The characters are still as believable human as they were before, IMO, and season 2 hasn't dealt us anything drastic like a completely new character joining Team Lyoko or having them break out into song at random moments or something like that. It still has that same even mix of humor and action too. It's rather early to pass judgement on the series as a whole for me anyway, but to me it's been worth the wait so far. ^_^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Icelcis » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:17 pm

Your De-Virtualization wrote:Wow, loved it! :D

Being the hXc Sissi fan I am, I loved her in this ep. I just love Code Lyoko in general. *_*

It was weird but cool that she was being so nice. Maybe she'll finally be able to go to Lyoko! *hears a voice inside tell me not to get my hopes up..*

Those Skipizoas are really getting on my nerves. "Yummy, brain juice! I think I'll be a plot device!"

Haha... YxU-ful :) I'm guessing Yumi was getting the ticket for Ulrich. But why does everyone at Kadic like the Subsonics? Jeez.

Correction, Yumi only got them for Ulrich. Sissi wanted them because she knew Ulrich could never resist a free ticket to a Subsonic concert, not because she likes them. I think....

Icelcis offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby YDV » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:33 pm

Wait. I meant that Yumi got one for herself and one for Ulrich, and she decided to give hers to Sissi.

Anyway.. Does anyone else think Carthage is getting awesomer and aweomer?

BTW, considering i missed a few eps due to groundedness, were there any developments on the Hopper/Aelita being real thing?
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Icelcis » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:35 pm

Nope, nothing, Haven't mentioned it at all for a few episodes. Don't worry, eps are replayed on Wednesdays, starting with New Order, then going on. Better than waiting until the season is over for reruns....

Icelcis offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby MY85 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:41 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:This is my new favorite episode for season 2!!! Awesome plot line!! I'd been wondering whether the scithizoa could attack the others if it chose to. Awesome!!!

The 5th region scenes were so fantastic!!! The "adventure-style" ceiling drop was incredible! I felt kind of bad for Odd...poor guy...he got pancaked. XD But seriously, I was on the edge of my seat during that whole Lyoko scene!! And Odd made me laugh at the end again, "Ever get hit by a steam roller?"

Interesting... even he gets defeated in the most silliest or funniest ways, or am I mistaken?

The Ishiyamas arguing... I wanna see them fighting again... meh, I'm too busy to have time to watch the videos...
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Stephen (x1) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:46 pm

Well what a lovely little ep.

I eat it.

Uhh......Sissi...She's not acting, she's really nice deep down, like Aelita said. Aelita can always tell..

Hmmm....We all know that there is gonna be a real kiss between Yumi and Ulrich VERY soon, right? I mean, come on...They get more moments in every episode....

I had a crazy idea. What if XANA was the Scithizoa? They can't seem to shoot it, only cut it's tentacles which makes it back off. ...Think about it. Can't die, steals Aelita's memory, attacks Yumi...IDK, it just might be XANA himself. And he regenerates his tentacles each time, and there's only one? Could be...
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:05 pm

x1 wrote:Well what a lovely little ep.

I eat it.

Uhh......Sissi...She's not acting, she's really nice deep down, like Aelita said. Aelita can always tell..

Hmmm....We all know that there is gonna be a real kiss between Yumi and Ulrich VERY soon, right? I mean, come on...They get more moments in every episode....

I had a crazy idea. What if XANA was the Scithizoa? They can't seem to shoot it, only cut it's tentacles which makes it back off. ...Think about it. Can't die, steals Aelita's memory, attacks Yumi...IDK, it just might be XANA himself. And he regenerates his tentacles each time, and there's only one? Could be...

There's also that wolf...which has been missing for the past few episodes. The wolf can't entirely be related to the plushie Mr. Puck, either, because Aelita saw it attacking her both before she even had the dream about Mr. Puck, and she's imagined it attacking her as well. I think someone before posed the theory that XANA might also be that wolf. Anything's possible at this point. :D
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Stephen (x1) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:18 pm

You guys said "no more possesion" and...Moonscoop thinks so too.
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cecilia » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:53 pm

Hm...all good theories...any of them likely, and I'd agree with less possession...o.O What's weird is (off-topic) as I was watching some of the other episodes (and this one), there was an article on exorcism open on the table in front of me. O.o

Moonscoop is right to pull back on possession...^^ Leaves room for different ideas.

Overall, I was pleased...not as much as some of the others, but probably because it made me think a bit more.

(Mostly because of Sissi...)
Cecilia offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby HvonM » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:08 pm

Is there a section for episode summaries on this site? 'cause I missed this episode, and I really want to find out what's going on. If someone could post a summary here, that would be really nice. :)
HvonM offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Little Vili » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:22 am

Erynn wrote:Also, this is going to sound amazingly vane, but (for those of you who have read my fanfic Of Acid Tears [which I am currently revising, btw])... did some elements of this episode not sound like it? Maybe I'm just making weird connections here...

Dont revise that fic...it was perfect the way it was. It was as well written as "Death and the Swordsman", possibly better. If you do actually revise it all, dont change too many key parts to it please. I dont know why you'd want to revise it in the first place.
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:21 am

What a sweet episode! Everyone seemed to have their own agenda here, it was interesting on all sides.

I love that Aelita has more of a...personality..this season. Not that she didn't have one before by any means, but she is more indepedant now. Jeremie seems to be having a tough time dealing with that. She really manifested itself in the past few episodes, and I was shocked at how stubborn she actually is. Even going so far as to cut off communications with Lyoko so that she didn't have to listen to Jeremie's objections, I was shocked!

The house scene was awesome, Ulrich going through all that only to find Odd playing video games, priceless! He must have been to Yumi's house before too, because he knew exactly which room was hers and what door led where.

And of course, the scene where Yumi was his and devirtualized. I screamed her name at the same time Ulrich did (and was yelled at to keep it down) ^_^. And the scanner scene was adorable too.
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Next