Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:27 am

Common Interest

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

So...how was it?

Heart Attack inducing (aka AWESOME)
78%
Hmmm...it was a little exciting...
22%
*snore*
No votes

Total votes : 32

Common Interest

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:49 pm

Well...since there didn't seem to be a thread for this episode yet, I thought I'd just go ahead and make it. ^^;

Well, Ulrich is still my favorite, more so now. "Don't worry, I love entertaining guests." LOL! And him imitating Odd's speech about heroics. XD Awesome!

Well, before I rant about it, what did all of you think of it?
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HvonM » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:57 pm

I thought that the idea of a XANA-possessed criminal was very interesting. Is it just me, or is there really a good deal more up-close-and-personal violence in this season, with people beating each other up a lot more? Other than that, I don't have much more to say, since I only saw maybe five minutes of the whole episode. A summary would be really helpful...
HvonM offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Lyn » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:04 pm

Aelita... almost died! o0'' That was... so... weird! >.>

Let's see... I thought it was very interesting how XANA knew he had to save himself... so he when and got Jeremie to do it for him! He really is getting smarter. It was very cool.

The whole episode of great, especially the Lyoko bit. When the land started to disappear, especially. It took me a while to understand the whole thing… but it was all very conected. It all made sense… but it didn’t stop it from being freaky. o0’’ And how Aelita fainted when the criminal fainted. Heh, I don’t really know what else to say… I guess I'll say somehting later.

And contrary to popular (semi-popular...) belief, this episode had nothing to do with William or Sissi. Shock.

I liked it anyway. ^_^
Lyn offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby DarthFerfer » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:00 pm

this is getin kinda repetitive its always postion
Just tell your parents that we're fighting rouge computer thats trying to take over a world.
-Odd

Welcome to room 289.5 AKA the evil genius lab
DarthFerfer offline

Postby Ulrich Stern » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:13 pm

As I said elsewhere...

I have to say that that was THE MOST reuse of footage that I have EVER seen!!!! It was like watching "New Order" all over again!!!

However the plot was Awesome none the less!!!

Once again were given a lot of back ground info. We get to see how the Computer is powered, Aelita almost kick's the bucket and uh well lets just say it showed a lot of stuff!!!
No I'm not ULRICH's VA so please stop PM'ing me questions! ;)

CODE: Hopper
Ulrich Stern offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:23 pm

I forgot to mention Odd rocked hard in this episode too! He saved Ulrich from falling into the Digital Void, and in the battle against the two Tarantulas, he went all Kitty, and was high-tailing it on all fours! That was the sweetest bit of CG animation yet! I love his kitty-ness! XD

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ulrich Stern » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:35 pm

Don't forget Aelita's acrobatic move in the activated tower!!! :D

Ulrich Stern offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:36 pm

Ulrich Stern wrote:Don't forget Aelita's acrobatic move in the activated tower!!! :D

Oh yeah! Isn't that the most ironic thing though? The one instance where they could have used stock footage (as they always did in season 1), they give us a whole new tower sequence. Awesome! XD

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ulrich Stern » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:44 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:The one instance where they could have used stock footage (as they always did in season 1), they give us a whole new tower sequence. Awesome! XD

You are so right. Stock footage all last year and then this irony!!! Took me by surprise! I bet it was someones little pet project!

Ulrich Stern offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:47 pm

Ulrich Stern wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:The one instance where they could have used stock footage (as they always did in season 1), they give us a whole new tower sequence. Awesome! XD

You are so right. Stock footage all last year and then this irony!!! Took me by surprise! I bet it was someones little pet project!

Indeed! :D Whatever it was, it was sweet! One of my three favorite scenes in the whole episode and second only to the "Kitty Odd" scene Lyoko-wise. Simply amazing! :)

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Saphire-089 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:50 pm

Ulrich Stern wrote:

It was awesome! :) Pretty unique.
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Little Vili » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:13 pm

I got scared to death when Aelita almost died. I swear I was about to jump in there myself.
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:33 pm

Little Vili wrote:I got scared to death when Aelita almost died. I swear I was about to jump in there myself.

XD I was thinking about just that the whole episode, Vili. And I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^ I had a feeling Aelita's near-death experiences would be a little shocking. O_o This episode gave me a couple heart attacks of my own, I must admit. ^^;

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SamBlob » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:52 am

It started out looking like a Season One XANA attack. Possessing a dangerous criminal? Sending him toward a nuclear powerplant? A show that involved cops? "XANA's back to his old self!" I thought.

I didn't get the link between the crook's fainting and Aelita's condition, but I should have if I gave it more thought. XANA was phasing in and out, and every time XANA phased out, Aelita lost her vital signs, XANA lost control of the crook, and the crook lost consciousness.

Lyoko disappearing from Jeremy's screen, and especially disappearing around Odd and Ulrich, was really scary and looked like an extremely effective XANA attack. How deceptive. XANA was dying, and taking Aelita and Lyoko with him.

I guess XANA needed Jeremy because he knew the crook would be out of control during the time he was shut down to have the battery changed.

Now we know why none of the power outages affected XANA... :D
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:22 am

"A giant invisible eraser!" Odd is so great!

Gee, who knew giant supercomputers were powered with uranium batteries? It wasn't expecting that, though in retrospect I suppose I should have been.

I have been reduced to shouting the names of characters as they fall lately. Has anyone else noticed that they've been doing that quite a bit?

I felt bad for the doctors in this episode. It's kinda pathetic to be the one treating the patient and have not a clue what is happening when even the patient herself knows. And then to have a girl who keeps flat-lining simply vanish out the window! The poor docs must have been going crazy! Poor little confused expendable characters....

Despite the fact that they did use a lot of stock animetion, this wasn't too bad. This was also the first time we've seen Jeremie go down the steps on his scooter ^_^
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SamBlob » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:43 am

Ransomed_Heart wrote: "A giant invisible eraser!" Odd is so great!

Indeed! :D

Ransomed_Heart wrote: Gee, who knew giant supercomputers were powered with uranium batteries? It wasn't expecting that, though in retrospect I suppose I should have been.

Someone (probably Mr. Hopper) went to a lot of trouble to keep this computer a secret...

Ransomed_Heart wrote: I have been reduced to shouting the names of characters as they fall lately. Has anyone else noticed that they've been doing that quite a bit?

I haven't got quite that bad yet...

Ransomed_Heart wrote: I felt bad for the doctors in this episode. It's kinda pathetic to be the one treating the patient and have not a clue what is happening when even the patient herself knows. And then to have a girl who keeps flat-lining simply vanish out the window! The poor docs must have been going crazy! Poor little confused expendable characters....

That particular scene reminded me of the Resurrection! O_o

Ransomed_Heart wrote: Despite the fact that they did use a lot of stock animetion, this wasn't too bad. This was also the first time we've seen Jeremie go down the steps on his scooter ^_^

Yep, the others resort to their fancy flips while Jeremy does it Evel Knievel style! Go Jeremy!
My LF family:

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stephen (x1) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:11 am

Well...Two episodes in a row where XANA and TL (Team Lyoko) fight together! Wooo!

Well, lots of reused footage, but it was awesome. The Aelita flip was cool...I liked how as soon as the battery was back in, the criminal tried to kill them right away... :*D

...They made a big mistake not returning to the past...Do you think the doctors will just say "Oh she disappeared....Oh well?"

"Giant invisible eraser!" LMAO...

Ay, it was good...
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:47 pm

Ransomed_Heart wrote:"A giant invisible eraser!" Odd is so great!

LOL! I forgot that line! That was really good! :D

Ransomed_Heart wrote:I have been reduced to shouting the names of characters as they fall lately. Has anyone else noticed that they've been doing that quite a bit?

Yes...yes I have. *looks around innocently* ^_^

Ransomed_Heart wrote:Despite the fact that they did use a lot of stock animetion, this wasn't too bad. This was also the first time we've seen Jeremie go down the steps on his scooter ^_^

I'd forgotten that too! XD He didn't look like he was enjoying himself very much though. ^^;

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SamBlob » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:05 pm

Mewberries151 wrote: He didn't look like he was enjoying himself very much though. ^^;

I think he was worried that he might not have had a good landing.

Definition of good landing: any landing you can walk away from.

Definition of great landing: any landing from which you can take off again.
My LF family:

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stephen (x1) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:25 pm

...Good job Matt on the Male Officer.
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:56 pm

SamBlob wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote: He didn't look like he was enjoying himself very much though. ^^;

I think he was worried that he might not have had a good landing.

Definition of good landing: any landing you can walk away from.

Definition of great landing: any landing from which you can take off again.

XD Too true! ^^;

x1 wrote:...Good job Matt on the Male Officer.

:D And nice job, Ms. Kirkland on the voice of the dispatcher. ^_^ Who did Duncan's voice I wonder, though?

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:08 am

(I was about to create a Common Ineterest thread... I swore I couldn't find the darn thread)

Anways, I have just seen this episode just 13.5 hours ago. And for watching it the first time, it was very weird the way the episode started, but it intrigues. The <i>Common Interest</i> was notorious eventually.

The episode was good itself. Odd's doomed for studying... now I can think Ulrich is smarter than him in academic courses.

Ransomed_Heart wrote:"A giant invisible eraser!" Odd is so great!

Lol... btw, in the spanish version Odd called the "monsters which got materialized at False Start" <i>papas con patas</i>. And that would stand for "potatoes with legs". I cracked myself at that...

Too bad I didn't saw Duncan shooting on-screen the military people. It would have been awesome. And... why XANA possesing Duncan instead of taking possesion on someone from the factory that manufacturates those Uranium batteries? And how would XANA, the virus, know where to get the battery? I think half of this involved XANA taking Franz Hopper's knowledge.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Vora Lyoko » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:33 am

I think Xana is naturally smart. He new about there love lives too. (which was kind of corny) But on "Seeing is Believing" when I first saw the power go off I thought the factory would turn off itself. And something would happen on Lyoko but nothing happened they must have planned Common Interest before season 2 was even mentioned or new about.

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Next