Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:13 am

Attack of the Zombies

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

So how would you rate it?

Spine-tingling!!!! (Great)
67%
Hmm...the special effects were okay...
24%
Bored me to death.
9%

Total votes : 55

Attack of the Zombies

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:39 pm

Eh heh...well, me again with an episode thread. I'll post my opinions directly afterwards but to start the thread off...how funny was that Roachster? *bonk* The silly thing...absolute funniest moment in the entire episode. XD
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Attack of the Zombies

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:45 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:Eh heh...well, me again with an episode thread. I'll post my opinions directly afterwards but to start the thread off...how funny was that Roachster? *bonk* The silly thing...absolute funniest moment in the entire episode. XD

Yes! That was so funny, and so random. It seemed almost out of place for the episode, considering they seemed to be going for more of a horror atmosphere. That was the best, though it doesn't say much for the monster's intelligence level...

I jumped so bad when Tamiya attacked Millie in the showers! It was typical horror-movie moment, but still..it was scary seeing them as zombies at first.

I can't believe William. He is willing to believe that his teachers and fellow students have turned into zombies but he won't believe that there is a giant supercomputer hidden away in an abandoned factory. Go figure.
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Stephen (x1) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:52 pm

That was funny when it hit the tower...

Hmm...Milly showed about as much skin as Yumi and Sissi have...hmm...

Well, there was some A/Y...*gets smacked*

It was excellent...What I didn't like was that Jeremie set up the RTTP...And then...him saying it in that voice...I was like O_O...

William...He's gonna get his a** kicked.

Sissi taking care of Milly...Priceless.

...I knew that it was just an illusion. I just knew it!
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:55 pm

Hey did anyone else catch what Milly said at the begining of the episode? It went: "Sissi, what do you think of your father's decision to set up a language exchange program with France? Our readers want to know?"

Somebody messed up a bit there, apparently Kadic is no longer in France...
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Stephen (x1) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:03 pm

Odd speaking Italian? :D Awesome! I'm so gonna thank Matt for that.
Last edited by Stephen (x1) on Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HvonM » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:18 pm

Uhh, Mewberries, would you be so kind as to put up a summary of this episode? I missed it, and this time I had no opportunity to even get it on tape. How frustrating...
HvonM offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Star Way » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:22 pm

Ditto on the no-tapeage. :*( I had the tape in my player and ready, even... but then my VCR decided to wig out on me and EAT my tape. And I totally mean that. The tape came out of the top and it was all messed up. Man, I'm glad I wasn't trying to record with my tape that has like 10 eps on it... that one only had one episode on it. *sigh*

But still, today's ep rocked and I'm SO ANGRY that I couldn't tape it. Rawr.
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Lyn » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:23 pm

Ransomed_Heart wrote:Hey did anyone else catch what Milly said at the begining of the episode? It went: "Sissi, what do you think of your father's decision to set up a language exchange program with France? Our readers want to know?"

Somebody messed up a bit there, apparently Kadic is no longer in France...

Yes, I noticed that too! XD I thought it was very funny... can you set up an exchange program with you own country? Isn't that called a transfer? Hahah...

This whole episode was hilarious. The Roachster, especially. It went "Bonk!" I swear, I heard the 'Bonk'... xD

When it comes down to it... William went down pretty quickly, and Sissi was one of the last ones standing! Hows that for irony? And Sissi protecting Milly... it was great!

I think this was the most like an older XANA attack than any other this season. The mass chaos and such. And... the zombies are pretty freaky. 0.o

How dare everyone's video tapes get messed up today? (Mine didn't... but it's still not cool.) Not fun.

This is totally random but I looked up 'Zombie" on wikipedia, just to see what I'd find. This is something: A zombie computer (abbreviated zombie) is a computer attached to the Internet that has been compromised by a hacker, a computer virus, or a trojan horse, and performs malicious tasks of one sort of another, under the direction of the hacker.

That's a little weird. It doesn't really have anything to do with /real/ zombies... just thought I'd point that out.
Lyn offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Star Way » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:38 pm

Lyn wrote:This whole episode was hilarious. The Roachster, especially. It went "Bonk!" I swear, I heard the 'Bonk'... xD

Oh my god, I burst out laughing all too literally at that part... my neighbors must have heard me. xD
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby YumixUlrich409 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:44 pm

i loved when Ulrich kicked william. he must of been wanting to do that ever since him and Yumi started hanging out frequently. i hated how william was all like "i'm the oldest so i'm better than you which means i'm the leader of the group" that pushed me over the edge with him
YumixUlrich409 offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:45 pm

HvonM wrote:Uhh, Mewberries, would you be so kind as to put up a summary of this episode? I missed it, and this time I had no opportunity to even get it on tape. How frustrating...

No problem. I owe you some for two other episodes too...um, "Marabounta" and "Common Interest" right? I'll get to work on those pronto! :)

Star Way wrote:
Lyn wrote:This whole episode was hilarious. The Roachster, especially. It went "Bonk!" I swear, I heard the 'Bonk'... xD

Oh my god, I burst out laughing all too literally at that part... my neighbors must have heard me. xD

Same here. It was just so random! And they set it up so perfectly! We see Aelita entering virtually nothing, and we see the Roachster just scuttling after her, heck bent on catching up with her. XANAmonsters have never been able to enter the towers so "bonk"! ROFL! It's right out of the Roadrunner cartoons. XD

Oh it definetely "bonked". XD I want an Avi of that now...with the "pwned" message on it. LOL

That's really creepy about the "zombie computer"...it sounds suspiciously like someone we all know...or something. O_o

Ransomed_Heart wrote:I can't believe William. He is willing to believe that his teachers and fellow students have turned into zombies but he won't believe that there is a giant supercomputer hidden away in an abandoned factory. Go figure.

I know! How ironic is that!? You'd think he'd believe them, particularly after he'd just gotten the brush off from the police. Ah well...more reasons for me to like Ulrich in this episode...and the fact that he totally nailed William. XD Even more "pwnage"! Sweet!

x1 wrote:It was excellent...What I didn't like was that Jeremie set up the RTTP...And then...him saying it in that voice...I was like O_O...

That was creepy. Absolutely, that was creepy. Interesting that he was fighting XANA's control this time around though. In "Mister Puck" he didn't even react to anything Aelita said or did, but this time he managed to overcome it enough to set the RTTP. Hmmm...I wonder if almost losing her in "Common Interest" had some serious influence on him. That and he has technically gone to Lyoko...three times, is it now? ^^;

And evil Kiwi!! XD This episode was like some trippy "Resident Evil" spoof. They even had a demon dog! Coincidence? XD
Last edited by Mewberries151 on Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby xxJeanGreyxx » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:50 pm

Lol. Yah weird episode... It was cool to see that yumi can lift people with her Telekinesis instead of objects. The crap walking into the tower was funny.

Too bad odd was a demon zombie =( he always make the show funny. =D
<3 x <3 x <3 J <3 e <3 a <3 n <3 G <3 r <3 e <3 y <3 x <3 x <3
*~*~*~
xxJeanGreyxx offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:51 pm

We had a reprise of Odd's famous "diggety dog" line too! :D Too bad Kiwi was an evil "diggety dog" at the moment. ^^;

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby xxJeanGreyxx » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:54 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:We had a reprise of Odd's famous "diggety dog" line too! :D Too bad Kiwi was an evil "diggety dog" at the moment. ^^;

Lol :D
*~*~*~
xxJeanGreyxx offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:07 pm

Another funny detail I noticed...when the XANAspectre emerged from the lamp on Odd's desk, he caught the lightbulb he'd pushed out before it could hit the desk and break. How thoughtful! XD If he was trying not to make any noise that could attract attention, alright then...but wouldn't he want people to come running so he could use Kiwi and attack them? XANA's being so courteous. ^^;

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Saphire-089 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:19 pm

I liked it, but I agree with everyone about William. He wasn't really that friendly. Why does Yumi hang out with him?
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Little Vili » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:21 pm

personally, I didnt like it. Though it may have foreshadowed william joining the party. anyway...the zombies may have been strong, but were really stupid IMO. As for the whole "invisible floor on lyoko" thing, I kinda knew it was there all along, and would have checked first thing.

As for the episode itself...it didnt really do anything in pariticular. It was a stand-along episode, like S1 used to always do. And, I was not impressed by it at all.

It had a few good moments...but that is all.
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Yizzy » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:22 pm

I kinda liked this episode:)

Aelita with Yumi's fan was major rockage =DD.I felt sorry sorry for odd...his own dog bit him but more importantly,he truned into a zombie D:.Ulrich "protecting" Sissi was also very nice, hehe.Ahaha Ulrich got to kick William "This one's on me" xDD.What made me sad was Yumi's telekinisis was all for not...espiecially since she got devirtualized...mehh but Xana's clever..

It appeared as if Sissi was almost motherly to Milly,at the end.hmm =D
Last edited by Yizzy on Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yizzy offline

Postby xxJeanGreyxx » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:23 pm

Starlight wrote:I liked it, but I agree with everyone about William. He wasn't really that friendly. Why does Yumi hang out with him?

I dont know... maybe because he's kind of like her? In some ways...
*~*~*~
xxJeanGreyxx offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby SamBlob » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:36 pm

1. Unlike Vili, I *like* this episode *because* it's more like Season One! A real XANA attack! Hooray!

2. By refusing to believe Jeremy even when incredible things were happening around him, and by pushing Jeremy down, William has proven himself to be a real Jerk.

3. Memories of "Claustrophobia": Sissy and Milly trapped in the cafeteria. In Claustrophobia, Sissy merely calmed Milly; here she was actively fighting for her, maybe even moreso than for herself. Sissy doesn't need to prove that she's a jerk; she's done that several times over. What she has proven, however, is that there is more to her than vanity and acid; she has done that before, but not very often. She has proven herself to be rather more worthy than William has.

4. Team Lyoko is immune to possession by XANA, but not to his zombie virus. Odd was possessed, and so was Jeremy, although Jeremy was still fighting it when he launched the RTTP. Hearing Aelita calling to him redoubled his resolve not to give in.

5. Two straight episodes involving the police! Yay! No firemen, though.
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:04 pm

Starlight wrote:I liked it, but I agree with everyone about William. He wasn't really that friendly. Why does Yumi hang out with him?

I think JeanGrey might be right in that they share similar interests. Music, certain styles of clothing, and distinct sense of rebellion against tradition (in their own ways). They both seem to have distinct tempers too, which is why when Ulrich's added to the mix, things get so tense (besides the fact that there's Y/U at stake). Too many tempers are getting ready to flare.

Little Vili wrote:personally, I didnt like it. Though it may have foreshadowed william joining the party. anyway...the zombies may have been strong, but were really stupid IMO.

I don't think William has a snowball's chance of joining the party now. I can't imagine that Jeremie would let him in after that stunt. He'd probably sooner allow Sissi to join the group at this point. XD

I don't think I've ever seen zombies portrayed as intelligent. They're always strong, but slow-witted...and they like to move in groups. O_o

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SamBlob » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:10 pm

About William forbidding them to leave, one thing made me wonder: There are three of them and one of him. Why didn't they grab his arms, slam one into his solar plexus (or maybe a bit lower) and run off?

Especially after he pushed Jeremy. I'm sure Aelita would rather like to kick him in the round objects after that...
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:15 pm

Yizzy wrote:I kinda liked this episode:)

Aelita with Yumi's fan was major rockage =DD

Oh yeah! That was cool! Go Aelita! ^_^ Now if Jeremie can give her a vehicle...why can't he just give her a weapon too? Especially with that scithizoa coming around all the time. A weapon might be really useful so that she's not totally defenseless against it. A fan would work just fine...or give her a bow and a set and arrows.

Yizzy wrote:Ahaha Ulrich got to kick William "This one's on me" xD

I loved that line. One of the best Ulrich scenes in the whole episode...that one and Ulrich's "distract the zombie" move. Omigosh, I thought I was going to die laughing. Well...if he wanted to draw attention to himself, that was definitely one way to do it. XD

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby YumixUlrich409 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:18 pm

JeanGrey wrote:

I dont know... maybe because he's kind of like her? In some ways...

i think its because William is the "bad boy" type and Yumi might want someone her own age to hang out with. but i hope the gang told her about his obnocious attitude so that she could be more aware of it in the future. i don't think William likes the Lyoko Gang that much.... especially Ulrich.
YumixUlrich409 offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Stephen (x1) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:34 pm

Mewberries wrote:...that one and Ulrich's "distract the zombie" move. Omigosh, I thought I was going to die laughing. Well...if he wanted to draw attention to himself, that was definitely one way to do it. XD

I thought that was so funny...And my sister...Well let's just say she was no longer on the couch.

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next