Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:59 pm

CL Monopoly Board (let's build one)

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Would you buy a CL Monopoly board?

Are you high to ask this question? Yeah!!
46%
Sounds good, maybe I'll give it a shot.
42%
It's ok, but...
4%
Nah, too expensive.
4%
I don't like Monopoly.
4%

Total votes : 26

CL Monopoly Board (let's build one)

Postby MY85 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:12 am

Okay, I've decided to pull this by myself. I'm just gonna put the structure to it.

The cash bills remain the same.

Characthers:
-Jeremie
-Aelita
-Odd
-Ulrich
-Yumi
-Sissi
-Jim
-William

Jail = Carthage

There's 8 zones (on the original, they had avenues on it). So 8 different districts should do for the city. One of them has to include Kadic, Yumi's house (the avenue that includes it), among others...

Four train lines = The 4 first rwegions.

The two services remains the same.

Houses and Hotels with XANA symbols.

If I'm forgetting something else, just give out your ideas....
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Cassius335 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:09 am

I'd rather see the gang as Duel Monsters cards, but for sake of the topic:

Principals Office as Jail

The Factory instead of one of the services.

Xanadu fron Garage Kids as 'Go'

Maybe Towers instead of houses?
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Dylan0513 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:03 am

It would be pretty cool, but I wouldn't waste $30 and not play with anyone.
This use has been banned.

Dylan0513 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Lotho » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:14 am

Cassius335 wrote:I'd rather see the gang as Duel Monsters cards, but for sake of the topic

That already exists, the "Code Lyoko Trading Card Game" or CLTCG.
http://codelyokotcg.com/
Lotho offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:04 pm

How about instead of "buying properties", you're "stopping" XANA attacks by using life points. Like the first two spaces (which are generally cheapest), are the most basic XANA attacks, like the giant Teddy Bear and maybe the "Laughing Gas", and you pay more life points to stop larger scale XANA attacks like a possession, or a killer robot, or a massive zombie attack The player who stops the most XANA attacks while still holding the most lifepoints wins. ^_^

*evil snicker* And the Chance cards could be inspired by actual events that happen in CL...like this one:
Fall off of diving board. Jim gives you CPR. Pay 50 life points.

:*D
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:25 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:How about instead of "buying properties", you're "stopping" XANA attacks by using life points. Like the first two spaces (which are generally cheapest), are the most basic XANA attacks, like the giant Teddy Bear and maybe the "Laughing Gas", and you pay more life points to stop larger scale XANA attacks like a possession, or a killer robot, or a massive zombie attack The player who stops the most XANA attacks while still holding the most lifepoints wins. ^_^

Sounds awesome...

She also wrote:*evil snicker* And the Chance cards could be inspired by actual events that happen in CL...like this one:

Lmao!!

Chance card: You got your laptop fixed. Pay 15 life points.

Starting with 1500 life points? Interesting....
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:48 pm

TheBloodyOneIsMe wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:How about instead of "buying properties", you're "stopping" XANA attacks by using life points. Like the first two spaces (which are generally cheapest), are the most basic XANA attacks, like the giant Teddy Bear and maybe the "Laughing Gas", and you pay more life points to stop larger scale XANA attacks like a possession, or a killer robot, or a massive zombie attack The player who stops the most XANA attacks while still holding the most lifepoints wins. ^_^

Sounds awesome...

She also wrote:*evil snicker* And the Chance cards could be inspired by actual events that happen in CL...like this one:

Lmao!!

XD Thanks!

^_^ Well, if only for the sake of keeping it similar to the original Monopoly gameplay, they'd start with 1500. Although there probably would be a way to make it work with just 100. The properties/XANA attacks values, would just have to be fixed to work though. ^^;

I really like the idea of the railroads being the 4 original regions. We could make the Ultilities the "Factory" and "Kadic Academy".

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:07 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
TheBloodyOneIsMe wrote:

Sounds awesome...

Lmao!!

XD Thanks!

^_^ Well, if only for the sake of keeping it similar to the original Monopoly gameplay, they'd start with 1500. Although there probably would be a way to make it work with just 100. The properties/XANA attacks values, would just have to be fixed to work though. ^^;

I really like the idea of the railroads being the 4 original regions. We could make the Ultilities the "Factory" and "Kadic Academy".

Oh, I agree with the Utilities as you said, Mew.

100 LP? Idk... how about 1500 Euros? I'll have to look at my Monopoly France 1998 board. But that one's quite different, cash is in Pesetas (Spain coin)...

Kadic Tax = 75 Euros. And what's the other thing like pay 200 Euros or ___?
MY85 offline

Postby Doggiegal » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:47 pm

TheBloodyOneIsMe wrote:Kadic Tax = 75 Euros. And what's the other thing like pay 200 Euros or ___?

I think it was a certain percent of your current money, but I'm not sure.
Doggiegal offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby MY85 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:53 pm

Doggiegal wrote:
TheBloodyOneIsMe wrote:Kadic Tax = 75 Euros. And what's the other thing like pay 200 Euros or ___?

I think it was a certain percent of your current money, but I'm not sure.

Yeah, a certain % of your money or $200. Something like that. And how would we make that into CL style?
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:35 pm

TB3 wrote:MONOPOLY CODE:LYOKO
A game for 2-8 players

Pieces:
Jeremie
Ulrich
Odd
Yumi
Aelita
Sissi
Jim
William

Currency: Life-Points
Houses: Anti-Virus
Hotels: Firewall

I like the idea for the houses and hotels. Instead of William as a playing piece though, might I suggest Kiwi? Just since there was always a "dog" piece in the original Monopoly. XD

As for the property groups, not bad! :) It doesn't work as well with the "life points" thing, IMO, but I like how you've broken down all of CL's settings into the Monopoly properties.

Ooo! I've got it! For the "Go To Jail" space...it's a Guardian!!! :D

And then "Free Parking" could be the Fifth Sector, if need be. ^_^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:41 pm

TB3 wrote:What do you think?

So f**king perfect!! *wishes this was BKO to remove the *, lol*

Now all we need is to make the "Chance" and "Community" cards, get 2 cyber dices, someone to draw the CL board (or just some sketch), make it 1500 LP (the game storyline can mention Jeremie improving their LP as well as XANA getting more powerful)...

Luxury Tax = Spider shot. Pay 75 LP.
The other thing = XANA invasion. PAy 10% of your LP or 200 LP.

We could try this at Games.

Oh, we should have more CL characthers: Kiwi, Mr. Delmas, Franz Hopper, Herb Pichon, Nicolas Poliakoff, Mrs. Hertz, Nurse Dorothy and somebody else. Just for variation likes.

Oh, and when Season 2 finishes, let's try the XANA CL Monopoly board. For that, we need to rank his attacks.
MY85 offline

Postby YDV » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:55 pm

TB3 wrote:Ohh...I like this idea.

So, almalgamating the suggestions here and my own ideas, here's a suggestion for Monopoly; Code: Lyoko.

Okay - your mission is to protect the world against XANA infection, by using up your lifepoints to access different towers and then secure them against XANA. Each tower connects to a different 'real world' location and some control entire regions of Lyoko.

Technically this means the whole game takes place in Lyoko and you loose lifepoints depending on the difficulty of the fight for each tower.

MONOPOLY CODE:LYOKO
A game for 2-8 players

Pieces:
Jeremie
Ulrich
Odd
Yumi
Aelita
Sissi
Jim
William

Currency: Life-Points
Houses: Anti-Virus
Hotels: Firewall

Tax: XANA attack
Super Tax: XANA possession

Jail: Carthage
Go to Jail: Countdown Expired, go to Carthage
Free Parking: Vacant Tower

PROPERTY GROUPS:
Ishiyama Residence
Hermitage

North Quadrangle
Cafeteria Quadrangle
South Quadrangle

Dormitories
Cafeteria
Park

Library
Gymnasium
Science Block

Boiler Room
Sewer Tunnel
Suspension Bridge

Factory Corridor
Cathedral Room
Elevator

Control Room
Scanner Room
Supercalculator Room

Kadic College
The Factory

RAILWAY STATIONS:
The Regions

UTILITIES:
Petrochemical Plant and Nuclear Power Plant

What do you think?

schweet. I'd so totally buy that. :D
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:40 pm

TB3 wrote:That said we'd have to work out why the kids are also fighting against each other - did Ulrich see Yumi kissing William or summick? :D

XD I suppose it wouldn't have to be so much that they're fighting against each other, just working separately in order to make sure that all of the attacks are stopped (or that all the towers are deactivated). Competition could easily spurred then, with Odd simply saying, "I bet I'll stop more attacks than you and quicker." ^^;

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doggiegal » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:48 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
TB3 wrote:That said we'd have to work out why the kids are also fighting against each other - did Ulrich see Yumi kissing William or summick? :D

XD I suppose it wouldn't have to be so much that they're fighting against each other, just working separately in order to make sure that all of the attacks are stopped (or that all the towers are deactivated). Competition could easily spurred then, with Odd simply saying, "I bet I'll stop more attacks than you and quicker." ^^;

Hehe...I could see that happening. Though it'd be faster ^_^;
Doggiegal offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Cassius335 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:40 am

Mewberries151 wrote:
TB3 wrote:Pieces:
Jeremie
Ulrich
Odd
Yumi
Aelita
Sissi
Jim
William

I like the idea for the houses and hotels. Instead of William as a playing piece though, might I suggest Kiwi? Just since there was always a "dog" piece in the original Monopoly. XD

Do we really NEED Sissi and Jim peices?
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby YDV » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:57 pm

Cassius335 wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:
Jeremie
Ulrich
Odd
Yumi
Aelita
Sissi
Jim
William

yes.

1.) The Sissi fans (including me) would be outraged if there wasn't.

2.) If there are Sissi & William pieces, there might as well be a Jim one too.
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyn » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:47 pm

XD This would be so great! I like both the ideas... heh, there could probably be both, since monopoly tends to have many, many different versions... the main board... I wonder what this should look like. Well, It'd probably say "Code: Lyoko" in the middle... then... dunno, A XANA symbol? And maybe... one of each of team Lyoko in the Corners? Ah, I don't know. But it'd still be cool.

I agree with whoever said we need a Kiwi player piece. ^w^The original monopoly had a bunch of objects as playing pieces. It'd be funny to see the Overboard, Overboard, or Overbike as pieces. Who needs a set amount of players? We can improvise... ^-^ And I would loove a XANA version. But... how would a Megatank piece stand still? xD Hmm. But that would be so spiffy. Go to jail could be "Beaten by Team Lyoko". :D

I thought of a Chance card... "Super computer got a virus... pay 15 for each Anti-Virus and 45 for each Firewall." Heh. I know there was one like that on the original. I think, if you change the names of those cards, "Chance" should stay teh same, since that's... well, kinda normal. Community chest... dunno.
Lyn offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:21 am

Your De-Virtualization wrote:
Cassius335 wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:
Jeremie
Ulrich
Odd
Yumi
Aelita
Sissi
Jim
William

yes.

1.) The Sissi fans (including me) would be outraged if there wasn't.

2.) If there are Sissi & William pieces, there might as well be a Jim one too.

The three of them don't fit the 'Battling XANA' theme though. And NINE peices? I'd have thought 6 at the most.
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:23 am

Lyn wrote:But... how would a Megatank piece stand still? xD

In it's 'open' form? Maybe?
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:32 am

TB3 wrote:
Cassius335 wrote:The three of them don't fit the 'Battling XANA' theme though. And NINE peices? I'd have thought 6 at the most.

I included the Sissi and Jim pieces because they've both been of great help to Team Lyoko when the going gets tough, and William to fill in the gap - on reflection I prefer the idea of replacing him with Kiwi.

And regarding the number of pieces, I could not remember how many pieces there are in a monopoly board so I looked online, and apparently the Deluxe Edition has 12 pieces - I thought 8 would fit the bill nicely.

12? Ok, I sit corrected... And maybe there IS Room for a few XANA Monsters.
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Next