Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:59 pm

Let's talk tech (Now with Glossary)!

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby TL. » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:22 am

So mighty TB3, when virtualised, why and how does the person in question gain weapons, different clothing and a tail. Personally, I think that they create accounts to use Lyoko and 'choose' their abilities and appearance like on when users join online games like 'Matrix Online' and 'City of Heroes'
THIS IS MY FORUM NOW!

ALL WHO DEFY ME, SHALL BE DESTROYED!
TL. offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby animenologist » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:59 pm

I've always tried to rationalize the RTTP and its current mechanics concerning dead people like this. Whenever Xana launches an attack that kills someone, he has some kinda way of marking them. Either related to his spectors that he uses to launch his attack or he could just keep track at the super calculator. When a RTTP is launched, everyone is returned to the point of time the coordinates have been set for. Those who have been marked as being killed by Xana are returned in their current dead state, while everyone else is just reversed like normal. And of course, those who set up a profile in the super calculator are free from its memory erasing effects. It sorta gets around all those "what about the other dead people?" conundrum, but this is merely a rationailization not really based off of any evidence.
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby YDV » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:53 pm

I like your Zero Point Energy and "Exertanium" theory, TB3. Come to think of it, I believe I stumbled upon an article about that on Wikipedia when I was in one of my "let's see how far into quantum physics I can get before my head explodes" moods.

Now that you've explained how you think the kids are scanned (even though the scanner ring comes from the bottom and you never see any "coils" ;) ), I'll explain how I think the RTTP process works.

Carthage-- the central hub of Lyoko. It is interconnected with all the other "natural" sectors, and is involved with all the processes that go on in Lyoko. I think that all the data passes through Sector 5 before getting where it needs to go, even Aelita and the gang on a Passage Tower jump.

Anyway, this is where the RTTP proccess starts. The actual program itself is stored on the Super Calculator, but it's pretty much parallel to Carthage (considering those are the only places you can fully interface Lyoko)

Once launched, the program enters the virtual universe by going through one of the tunnels directly to a tower. Towers are the only places that can reach the outside world, so it is from there it exits Lyoko in a manifest form. I belive by some process yet unexplained, the lines between that world and our world are blurred within the towers, and it goes to the time-space continuum disrupter located deep within the central processors of the XANA computer system.

Here comes the tricky part: the trip back in time. You see, the white "bubble" of light shown when RTTP is executed does the same thing that a scanner does-- it converts those that are recorded on its checklist (aka the Lyoko gang) from matter to energy, and that energy is thrust into the the rift in the continuum and back in time, all by a series of paradoxes that shake, rattle, and roll the very fabric of our universe: causing "anomalies" in history. It is through these anomalies that one can break free of the downstream-like flow of the river of time, and either travel forward or backward. In the gang's case, it's backward. It's a simple explanation for why the world isn't thrown into chaos with every return trip-- it really brings the gang back to the set coordinates. Of course I'm probably wrong and I can't wait for those aspiring physicists out there to yell in my ear about how that's completely illogical and the space-time continuum is not something that can be broken and blah blah blah. :D

Anywho, instead of bringing every single molecule in the universe back in time, it just brings the gang back, and the XANA attack simply never happens. Although.. this does not explain why the dead aren't brought back, and that's the biggest hole I can find in my theory.

But here's a thought: Perhaps someone dying is actually a paradox, and we all know how these paradoxes like causing problems with history. Maybe it's like once someone dies, their line in history (aka the continuum) is cut-- completely erased from the tangible world and is simply impossible to be brought back by any non-divine means. What this means is, if you go back in time, the person whose line has been cut (Whose Line Is It Anyway? ^^; ) never existed in the history of the physical world, only in the memories of those who knew them. Their bodies only, mind you-- it's not like the stuff in their room would completely disappear. They might find a pile of clothes lying where they would've been stomped on by a giant teddy bear though. :P

What this means is, the gang must avoid anyone's lines being cut (although they don't know that's what happens.. well, maybe Jeremie does) at all costs.

I know I didn't explain -technically- how it works... but perhaps if we were to merge this with TB3's ZPE and Externium theory, it might work out. Although Exertanium is in all likelihood a fantasy element and nothing like it exists in real life.. although perhaps it could be created... (would anyone be willing to experiment? lol)
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby DL » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:34 pm

I have a little something to say.

your new idea is solid but the only part I have a problem with is the wormhole. A wormhole is when two black holes connect at their ends. So in order for a wormhole to be created a black hole needs to be created. And if one was created it would rip appart the world in a matter of seconds. And since there is no evidence of this(the world being ripped appart) it cannot be the way it works. Also another hole in the part of the worm hole is that one would need to be in the past as well, which would cause the same effect. ie: ripping the world appart.

for me a more likely idea is that the zero point energy is coverted into another type of energy, we can call this one point energy, since zero point can manipulate matter, as seen in H-L2, one point energy should be able to manipulate the matter more and be able to set the world back to the way it was when the attack began. Basically manipulating the atoms of every living and non-living thing, except for those that are excluded(Jeremy and the gang). Also it should be able to heal wounds, non-fatal ones, as we have seen before. This hypothesis goes back to the hypothesis about the towers recording everything that occurs in the outside world.

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby YDV » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:46 pm

Er.. I don't think TB3 meant wormhole, wormhole, as in one created by a black hole. He meant one in the space-time continuum like I mentioned-- a hole ripped open by inconsistencies the STM device causes through zero point energy manipulation. (hehe.. STM.. *writes that down*)

The problem with your theory, DL, is that I highly doubt even One Point Energy has enough power to manipulte -every single molecule- in the entire universe (it would take a LOT more than just a rod of nuclear power) as would be necessary for that to work without screwing up times and Earth's place in the galazy. (For example.. if the STM just rearranged every particle even just on Earth to the point in the past, Earth would have to stop for a moment, or otherwise go off-course. If it kept happening, how long before we'd slam into another planet, or worse, the Sun? o.O)
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby DL » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:54 pm

a worm hole is a worm hole no matter where it is. if you were to look at a paper (http://library.thinkquest.org/2890/worhol.htm)about it that I have read you would see that a worm hole (created by 2 black holes) will create that rip in the spacetime continum. Many scientists belive that if two black holes were put end to end that you could travel through time. Creating a black hole requires a dying star and some dumb luck so making two that are linked would be hard. I also realize that my idea was dead is the water and Im ok with that. That just means I have to think a ittle more. And besides if we could figure out how the RTTP worked that easily time travel could be accomplished.

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby DL » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:18 pm

yea I know but I am a bit serious when it comes to time-travel(I've been working on a theory for a while, but quite can't get it to a point where it would make sense) it is just the way I am. but even pseudo science needs to be based partially in realilty otherwise it is just make-beleive.

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby YDV » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:37 pm

Yeah, we are just coming up with -strictly theory- (which basically means it either can probably happen, can't happen, or if we tried to apply for a Nobel peace prize we'd get laughed at)

Blueprints, hmm? Good idea. I'm pretty much out of Theorizing Juice for tonight.. might think up some more stuff tomorrow.
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Exploder » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:17 am

Here's my theory on time travel.

Time travel is a paradox. Let's just say you bombed a test and went back in time to study for it. Technically, if you study, then you wouldn't have had to go back in time in the first place, thus you wouldn't have studied. I have spent many a night thinking about this theory.
Exploder offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby animenologist » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:26 am

Well, I wonder which parts of the super calculator are free from the effects of the RTTP. Its obvious that Xana and the parts that contain Xana are safe from its effects. Otherwise Xana wouldn't continue getting stronger with each return trip and they can just keep going back in time to maintain his power. But despite the super calculator controlling the return trip, it itself is not immune. As shown in "Is Anybody Out There?", Jeremie's super scanner which we believe is contained at the console that Jeremie works at was fixed by a return trip, showing that not everything he does there is immune. That probably means that everything he has ever done or worked on is subject to deletion just by using a trip far back enough.

Also I believe that when they're virtualized, they're neural receptors are in some way replicated while virtualized into their model. Thus they are able to still retain their sense of sight and hearing and aswell as a sense of pain, but the body and actual nervous system themselves are probably stored in that capacitor that was mentioned earlier. They probably have the replicated nervous system linked to the actual body. That way when they're devirtualized, since its not their real body that was injured, the physical body remains unscathed. But due to the link between the virtual nervous system and the actual nervous system, they still retain the sense of pain they felt while in their avatar.

I'd also imagine that their virtual nervous system is not quite as sensitive as their actual nervous system, whether this was an intentional consequence or not, though I would believe it was the former, since Xana was able to program their virtual receptors to feel realistic pain. This allows them to maintain there senses, but not let the dangers of traversing Lyoko to be too debilitating.

That is probably why whoever created Lyoko set up the life point system. Too much injury could lead to shock of the actual nervous system despite the pain dampening, which can lead to neural injury as seen when the defenders exit Lyoko exhausted or in extreme pain. The programmers probably set up 100 life pts to be a reasonable amount so that the users of Lyoko can travel Lyoko for a decent amount of time despite its danger, but still set a limit to the amount of pain they can recieve before being ejected, thus reducing the risk of injury.
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:37 am

TB3 wrote:The same goes for the RTTP program - we have three locations where it can be stored;

The Console
The Supercomputer
The STM

If it were the console it could have been fixed in 'A Bad Day' with a simple RTTP, so scratch that.
It's not the computer itself as XANA had to bug the console to control it.
Which leaves the STM as being the location for the RTTP program, taking commands directly from the console and no-where else.

:umm: XANA got at the RTTP? When?
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JeremyHopper » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:55 am

In the episode "A great day".

And by the way guys, quantum computers don't operate on 0-9 numbers, the work on 0's, 1's, and 0's and 1's simultaneously.

I created a replica of lyoko one. If anybody has qbasic I could send it.
~Sean

I reject your reality and substitute my own. -Adam Savage
JeremyHopper offline

Postby lyokodude » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:10 pm

Right now there is a simple kind of virtual reality.That is basically a headset attached to your head that lets you see things like images but this stuff is primitive comparred to the stuff aof code lyoko.

A blackhole is a vacum that sucks in anything that comes in contact with it but where does the stuff sucked in go?

And yes, it would seem that bodies in Lyoko are more hardy that those in reality - stamina seems drastically increased because we've seen the kids run vast distances at high speed without getting tired (have we ever seen them show signs of exhaustion in Lyoko?).
That makes sense since if our badies were in lyoko they would be knocked out,And the super computer has an affect odviosly that makes our bodies hardy and increase our stamina like you mentioned TB3 they must gain more energy when their in Lyoko ,yes?
Behold Lyokodude has re-emerged from the darkness. I got tired of not being here. Lol.

Season 4 alert be prepared for it. Me adn my friend know everything about un-aired Avatar seasons. I want a moment to be real
lyokodude offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby JeremyHopper » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:49 pm

I once wondered why Franz Hopper did the whole scanner idea instead of the Matrix idea, with all of it going on in their mind, but the reason is I think because Franz Hopper created lyoko to be a sort of nuclear fall out shelter, to keep everybody's atoms stored in the super computer while their brain (or conchisness (sp?)) is connected to lyoko.

Otherwise, it would've been MUCH easier to replicate the matrix.
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Postby JeremyHopper » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:04 pm

Here's my theory on why nobody that dies can come back. Don't laugh, this is all theoretical (but if you think about for a while it makes sense!)

Energy and matter effect each other in the universe all around, correct? What about poeple? They mess around with matter. Like when you through a ball. They mess with energy when they connect two live wires. What's messing around with these things? Their minds. Their creativity. Their conchuness (sp?).
Okay, it would seem to me that there are three states of exstitence, ENERGY, MATTER, and THOUGHT.
Don't laugh yet!
Eneregy and Matter are in the universe. It has been proven that none of the matter or energy in the universe leavse or comes into our universe. Therefore it is a closed system.
Thought, on the other hand, is an open system. Thought can leave and enter our universe. When someone dies thought leaves. When people are born thought enters our universe.
But where does it come from? It would seem that thought does not enter or leave, it is created and destroyed.
Okay, how does this tie into RTTP you ask? Well, the RTTP seems to work on a quantum level, using energy and matter, which it is based on closed systems. So the RTTP is based on states of exstitence that are closed systems.
Thought is an open system, so when someones dies their conchusness leaves our universe into another systm. You may think I'm getting into theology but all non-pratical theorys cunducted by scientists usually end up going into theology so don't flame me or I'll hack your computer!
Things that operate on closed systems, like the RTTP, cannot access open systems, like thought. So it can't grab thought and return it to the past. It's like trying to grab water that is on the moon. You can't reach that far. If you grabbed it it has difrent physcis and would slip through your fingers. Thought has difrrent physics than ENERGY and MATTER, so you couldn't return that to the past.
What would result in a return to the past if someone died is that the body would retunr to the past but would be completly brain dead.

Are there any more things to talk about? This is fun!
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Next