Heart of a Warrior II: Trials of the Warriors by Sithking Zero
[Reviews - 3]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Interesting... I seem to have the sequel up already. There must be something wrong with me...

Sithking Zero: Howdy! Megaman, Code: Lyoko, and all related companies, ideas, characters, and other stuff along those lines do not belong to me.

 

This is the threeshot sequel to my story “Heart of a Warrior.” It’s serving as a bridge between “Heart of a Warrior” and “Warrior’s Redemption.” As such, this will be the second part of my Warrior series.

 

Oh, and if you don’t know what’s going on, please read Heart of a Warrior. Things will be clearer. I hope. If not, please PM me. Unless, of course, it involves questions as to spoilers. In that case, shut up.

 

 

As such, leave good reviews! I greatly appreciate them!

 

This story is dedicated to: Arc Jedi Roy, Shademan V.39, and Blitz Chick (my little sister, who is awesome).

 

(This story takes place about three months after Heart of a Warrior).

 

And now, without further ado, here comes Heart of a Warrior 2:



Heart of a Warrior 2:

Trials of the Warriors

 

 

Chapter I:
Bass.EXE: Execute!

 

Dark.

 

So dark, so cold, but not meaningless.

 

It had been a week since he had re-virtualized himself onto the net, and had made his way back to his cozy home on the undernet.

 

Bass.exe, a reformed mass murderer of net navi, Lyokoan, and virus alike, stretched out his arms, looking around the wide desert of the undernet for a moment before settling on a direction, and with a fluttering of a cloak, he flew away.

 

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

 

Bass had experienced a major change of heart back in Sector five of Lyoko.

 

He had first betrayed his only sister, the human Aelita, in order gain a fragment of her. He had suspected that if he had absorbed it, he would have gained immense power (when a Net Navi, such as himself, absorbed Human DNA, the net navi in question would gain incredible power.) However, the fragment of Aelita turned out to be a trap for XANA, who unleashed the parasitic computer program known as Alpha, who had fought and defeated Bass in the past, and had caused him to nearly be destroyed shortly after his creation. After Aelita was absorbed by Alpha, Bass engaged XANA in single combat, but in the end was defeated by XANA and Alpha, who teamed up against him.

 

Once he was defeated, XANA ordered Alpha to absorb him, but first revealed that she had been the one to corrupt Alpha and was ultimately responsible for Bass’ original mutilation and his reason for living.

 

However, something strange happened: inside Alpha, Aelita and Franz Hopper, who had been absorbed, healed him and fused their combined power to form Aelita Cross Bass, or, as she was commonly known, as Cadence. Cadence and XANA fought a titanic struggle that shook Lyoko to the core, and eventually resulted in sector five’s destruction.

 

Once that was over, he had, using a code he had hacked from a tower, gone into the real world, bringing Aelita and Franz Hopper. He left for Japan shortly afterwards, and made up with his father for his past wrongs, as well as a promise to try to redeem himself.

 

The only question was… how does one redeem oneself? How does one have ones sins forgiven?

 

Bass pondered this as he flew to a small cave deep in the undernet.

 

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

 

Hours later, Bass touched down in front of a small cave entrance. He walked towards the rough-hewn edges of the tunnel, which had been widened and broadened all around in order to properly deal with Bass’ particular needs. He wandered down the winding path, deep into the cave, twisting and turning.

 

Finally, he reached a thick metal door. Reaching out, he placed one gauntleted hand on the door, both glowed golden for a moment, before the latter slid soundlessly into the wall. He stepped unhurriedly into the spacious cavern.

 

It was a large, very earthy cave. There was not much in the way of furniture, which was how Bass liked it. In the center, there was a spun-glass table, with a black vase perched on top. Coming out of the vase were three pink tripetaled flowers, each one slightly wilting. On one wall, a shower and sink contrasted violently with the earthy cave, their stainless steel reflecting light from a small lamp next to a slightly lumpy bed with moth-eaten blankets. A noticeable rip was in one of them. On the other wall, a bass guitar was leaning against an amp set, several music sheets sprawled on top haphazardly.

 

Bass sighed contentedly. He was home.

 

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

 

THAT NIGHT…

 

 

Bass turned over in his sleep, pulling the ragged covers up tighter.

 

“No…” he muttered. “XANA… Aelita… get away…”

 

His tossing and turning grew more pronounced.

 

“He’s coming…” he muttered. “Run, Aelita, RUN!”

 

“Get away,” he called in his sleep. “GET AW-What?”

 

In the middle of his dream-speaking, a loud BANG echoed loudly throughout his cave.

 

The giant metal door that protected Bass’ humble home from the outside world was vibrating, as if it were struck.

 

Moving swiftly, Bass leapt out of bed, jamming his yellow-finned helmet on over his long purple hair. With his free hand, he grabbed his tattered traveling cloak, fastening it around his neck and thusly totally obscuring his black jumpsuit with white lightning bolt designs, but not quite blocking the view of the black-and-gold gauntlets and combat boots.

 

He then dashed to the door, where he peered out the pinhole opening in the door. A squad of vaguely humanoid shapes was visible, including one who was apparently holding…

 

Bass pulled away from the door in time to see it vaporized under a massive blast of energy.

 

Bass leapt into the air, obscured by the smoke, as the figures swarmed into the room.

 

They were very strange. They had four legs each, and each was reverse-articulated, like a bird’s leg. They had two arms, as well. One was a blood-colored translucent blade, another was what looked like a submachine gun, which could be transformed into a strange human-like hand (as one demonstrated before Bass’ very eyes) except for having two opposable thumbs. On their crimson torso, a circular crest protruded slightly, as with every net navi, but to Bass, they looked too alien to be Navis, especially their heads.

 

Their heads were vaguely oval-disc shaped, with a single slit for a cyclopean single eye. The bottom part of the disc could swing downwards to reveal dagger-sharp teeth in abundance. Sprouting from the top of the disc were four spikes and four short tentacles, which waved in agitation as the beings tore up Bass’ home.

 

The troops swarmed over the threshold, firing wildly into the room with their gun-arms, attempting to slay their target.

 

One, a slightly taller one with a blue head, raised his sword arm. Immiediately, the random fire ceased.

 

“Search the room.” The creature spoke in a strange, gurgling, yet mechanical voice.

 

“Bass cannot be far. We cannot fail the Master.”

 

“And why not?”

 

The assembled troops swiveled around, guns cocked at the Black Shadow, who had landed right behind the troops.

 

“You are Bass.” Came the leader’s voice.

 

“That’s right.” Bass spoke smugly, holding his arms wide, orbs of golden light filling his outstretched hands. “My name is Bass.”

 

He began to hover towards the troopers, saying, “We need to talk…”

 

 

Sithking Zero: So, a day after Season Three ends, and three weeks after Heart of a Warrior ends, Heart of a Warrior II rears its head!

 

Now, you (the reader) must understand that this will not be a long fanfic. It’ll only be three chapters long. It’s more of serving as a transitory fanfic between Heart of a Warrior and Heart of a Warrior III.

Oh, and a special dedication if you can figure out what kind of flower is on Bass’ table.

 

Special thanks go to: Arc Jedi Roy, (who is also writing a Megaman/CL crossover, and is one of my best friends in school) and Lucy McGonagle who drew a picture of Candance for me (check it out on the Heart of a Warrior thread on Lyokofreak.net forums section under Fanfictions). Don’t worry; Chapter II: Bass.EXE: Shadows of Darkness is coming soon! REVIEW NOW!!!

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]