Heart of a Warrior III: Warrior's Redemption. by Sithking Zero
[Reviews - 5]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Yumi tells a little about Wily, and the Net Officials send their top operative to investigate Kadic Accademy...

Heart of a Warrior III:

Warrior’s Redemption

Chapter 17:

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, but Nothing Blue

“WILY?!” Cried Hopper, “Are you sure?”

Bass shot him a glance out of the corner of his eye.

“His minions were wearing skull-shaped logos, and I met the human plenty of times while trying to revive Alpha,” he spat, “enough to know his style.”

“Wait,” sputtered Ulrich, “YOU were-?”

“I still hated humanity then.”

“Then?”

“I’ve revised my opinion somewhat, okay?” Bass snapped at the Lyoko samurai.

Jeremie spoke up, “who’s Doctor Wily?”

“An insane madman.”

EVERYONE turned to look at Yumi.

“He was responsible for countless acts of terrorism because of the Cyber Matrix- what you would call, ‘The Net,’ Bass,” she explained in a monotone voice. “He resented that his design for a utopian world wasn’t realized, and hated it so much that he decided to destroy it.”

By the time she finished, everyone was staring at her, completely shocked at Yumi’s unexpected knowledge.

“Yumi… how do you know this?” asked Ulrich slowly.

“Yumi took a deep breath before answering.

“My parents used to own an electronics store in ACDC town… but they were driven out by Wily’s men. They decided to move away, to where Wily had no reach…” She blinked back a tear. “I guess they were wrong…”

Ulrich placed a comforting arm around her shoulder.

She started to cry in earnest as she continued, “We lost a lot of money in the move, and my parents have to work so much, their relationship started to…” At this point, she broke down completely. Ulrich began to rub her back gently, before looking up at the rest of them.

“I think I’ll take her home… I think she’s done for today…”

Carefully, he helped her up and out of the house.

Aelita, Jeremie, Franz, and Bass stared at one another for a while.

“So what now?” asked Jeremie.

“We have to be good actors.” Responded Franz stoically.

Jeremie and Aelita stared at him, confused.

“We need to pretend that Odd is gone, and that we’re worried about him. Oh, you know what I mean,” he cried, noticing the raised eyebrows of his adopted son and his daughter’s boyfriend. “I mean, if someone asks if we know where Odd is, pretend as though we’re upset about his disappearance, and try to avoid any questioning. Since your group sticks so closely together, the four of you will be closely regarded objects of suspicion. You will need to watch your words, your actions, and everything that you do for any slipups, which could jepordize everything. If the government found out about Lyoko again…”

He let his voice trail off. Both he and Aelita could remember running for their lives from the government agents on June 7, 1994…

-- -- -- -- -- -- --

ELSEWHERE, THE NEXT DAY…

“So, Agent Blaze, you seem to be a little on edge.”

“I’m not exactly perfectly fluent in French yet. It’ll come with time.”



The man on the other side of the two-way video conference chuckled as the limo containing the agent rumbled along towards Kadic Academy. His appearance was cloaked in shadow, preventing his identity from being read.

“I see. You know, not everyone was so keen to allow someone like you into the school on the tail of all that… business… so be on your best behavior, all right? They’ll be looking at you for any sign of screw-up or slip-up, so watch your step.”

“Affirmitive, Commander Cossack. I’ll try to keep that in mind.”

“Oh, and one more thing?”

“Yes, commander?”

“most people around here have never heard of a Net Navi before. Try not to flaunt yours everywhere.”

Agent Blaze glanced next to him at the hologram of the red-clad program on his shoulder.

“Understood, commander.”

“I can see you’re almost there, so hold on tightly. Good luck, Agent Blaze.”

“Copy that. Agent Blaze, out.”

The screen fizzled out, leaving the boy sitting alone with his Navi in the darkened, sound-proof section of the specially prepared limousine. He felt the inertial forces tug him to the left as the elongated vehicle made the turn through Kadic’s front gates, the stylized circle-with-slash logo glistening in the afternoon sunlight.

The car pulled up to the front of the administrative building, before stopping and disgorging a swiftly-striding butler in an immaculately clean outfit. He walked towards the back door of the motorized vehicle, and opened it.

A thirteen-year-old, Japanese boy stepped out of the limo. He wore camo-colored cargo pants, a black long-sleeved t-shirt, and a red vest, worn unzipped. Attatched to his belt was a small, oval device that resembled a thicker, more multipurpose iPod. A circle was printed proudly in the device’s red finish, showing a jagged line separating light and dark from one another. It resembled his hair slightly, which was dyed white over the entirety of the top, while leaving the sides their natural black color.

A large, beefy man stomped out of the administrative building, his hand already extended in welcome.



“So YOU’RE the new transfer student, huh?” boomed the gym teacher’s voice. “Good to meet’cha!” He bellowed, extending his hand.

The boy did not respond. He merely stared coolly at the teacher.

“Aaahhh… Eugene, was it?” asked Principal Delmas, slowly stepping down towards the now-put-out instructor and the young boy.

Immediately, the boy glared at the Principal.

“I prefer not to be called that, if you don’t mind,” he snapped coldly.

“I… see. My apologies, Mr. Blaze.” He made no outward sign of irritation at the strange-haired boy, yet his voice seemed to drop a degree or two. “why don’t you come with me, let’s get your paperwork sorted…”

The boy held up a paperclipped packet of papers, which Jean-Pierre Delmas took gratefully.

“Thank you, Mr-” Jean-Pierre paused mid-sentence, looking at the boy with the ice-blue eyes. “I’d prefer not to call you Mr. Blaze the whole time…”

“I understand, sir. You can call me by my middle name…”

“All right, then. Well, Chaud Blaze, welcome to Kadic Academy.”

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]