Heart of a Warrior III: Warrior's Redemption. by Sithking Zero
[Reviews - 5]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

XANA and her father have a little heart-to-heart. What plans do they have for our heroes?

 

Sithking Zero: Code Lyoko and Megaman (and all related rights, subjects, people, places, and things) belong to their respective owners. The exceptions are Cadance and the Replicons, which are the property of Sithking Zero Fanfictions Inc. Use them without my permission and you will be annihilated with the gospel cannon. DOOM!!

Anyway, after the recap, I decided to get off of my lazy duff and start off with a touching romance scene.

But since my substitute author isn’t exactly healthy right now (REALLY bad cold), I thought I’d build up some suspense. How? You’ll have to read it to find out!

Oh, and if you haven’t read Heart of a Warrior and Heart of a Warrior II, go back and read them. If you read the first chapter, this shouldn’t be a problem, but still, it’s nice to get some feedback.

Anyway…

Sithking Zero Fanfictions, inc, proudly presents…

Heart of a Warrior III:
Warrior’s Redemption

Chapter 2:

Dark Designs

The man slumped into his soft, leather chair, for a moment, merely happy to be alive. Then, remembering his duties, he reached over and picked up his screwdriver and a circuit board.

Tightening a few screws, he then leaned forwards, using his cane to support himself out of the soft chair. His legs creaked slightly as he made his way across the room, to a very strange object.

It looked like a doll, but was obviously not a doll. It was vaguely robotic, with rivets and panels and slots all over the body, not to mention its blue control jewel in the middle of its “face” and chest.

Reaching out, he tapped a small panel on the arm, which retracted, revealing its internal circuitry. Pushing aside a patch of wiring, the man carefully inserted the chip into its designated slot on the board. Carefully, he pushed back the tangle of wires and closed the panels, then walked over to a large computer monitor.

Gently, he tapped several keys, and the doll sprang to life. With a whirring noise, the jewels began to glow neon blue, then disappeared under multiple panels that slid out of specially contained slots. The hidden panels, coupled with several hologram projectors and the input data the computer was giving it, combined into a sinister form.

It was a female, covered in what looked like black samurai armor. Her legs had less of the black armor, but instead had a short skirt made of it and gray pants that went down to her knee-length black and red boots. On her breastplate, armor skirt, and the back of her palms, the being’s logo was proudly displayed: A red bulls-eye with one stick coming out the top, and three shorter sticks coming out of the bottom.

For a moment, the figure stared at the ground. Then, she turned her head and gazed at her hand, watching the flex of the various muscles and tendons.

It’s not real, you know, her mind told her. She looked up at the older man sitting at the computer, typing in several commands, and watched as several schematics for strange programs were revealed.

“XANA.”

XANA looked at the man for a moment before responding.

“Yes, Father?”

“Did you give Forte the chip?”

“Yes, father. There were no system anomalies, and he is now much more powerful then before, not to mention totally loyal to our cause.”

The man was silent for a moment.

“And the… others? Do they suspect anything yet, my dear?”

“I do not think so, father, but nothing drastic has been done yet, so it’s possible they may notice soon, especially with them regaining Hopper.”

The man typed up a command.

Immiediately, a picture filled up half the screen. It showed a tall netnavi wearing a black jumpsuit with purple lightning bolts running down the sides, Black-and-gold gauntlets and ankle-coverings, and a four-pointed star in between two large golden fins on his helmet. Purple stripes were etched underneath his eyes, and continued on until his cheekbones.

“What about Bass?”

XANA winced as her father turned back to glare at her.

“Father, after the Replicons failed to destroy him, my sources tell me that he has been seen trying to find us. I haven’t been able to confront him directly, especially after the last battle in sector five…” her voice trailed off as she unconsciously rubbed the two-foot long scar on her right arm.

She shook herself, adding, “But I have been able to prevent him from learning anything about us, so he has been significantly delayed. Also, to prevent him from making contact with the others, I sealed the portal.”

The man turned sharply to her. “You WHAT?!?!” he cried.

She stood calmly, saying, “Father, I have run tests. I can open micro holes which should serve our purpose better then that gaping hole was. The micro holes would be more stealthy, as well- much less likely to attract attention from Net agents, the others, Hopper, or Bass.”

The man stared at her for a moment, then smiled slowly.

“Excellent work, my dear.” He reached out and laid a hand on her shoulder, and she smiled warmly.

“Now,” he started, removing his hand, “the time is growing short. Their resurrection must happen soon, or we may lose our chance.”

She looked hard at her father as he paused.

“It’s time to do it. I think their interference is an acceptable risk, and we should expect it. Do you have the plan?”

XANA nodded.

“Excellent. You may go now. I will see you again, my dear.”

As he finished speaking, she began to segment and blur as the doll’s components began to slide back into their respective areas, leaving nothing but a doll behind.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

MEANWHILE, IN THE FOREST SECTOR…

All was quiet in the forest sector of Lyoko.

Suddenly, a swarm of creatures of all shapes and sizes descended on the tower, from the puny Kankrelots to the graceful Mantas, most of the Lyoko monster population was represented around this tower.

Suddenly, the blue tower pulsed once, turning a brilliant Crimson.

Sithking Zero: Well, Chapter number two is done! Did you like it?

Sorry this wasn’t up sooner. I had some things I needed to have taken care of.

Please Review!

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]