Heart of a Warrior III: Warrior's Redemption. by Sithking Zero
[Reviews - 5]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Aaaah, JXA fluff. The two lovebirds are on a romantic date, and everything is going right in the world.

But would it REALLY be one of my stories if there wasn't something going spectacularly wrong?

 

Sithking Zero: I don’t own Megman or Code: Lyoko. Neither do I own anyone related to them, except for Cadance and the Replicons.

Well, here’s chapter three, where the real story begins. What will happen? Just read it…

Heart of a Warrior III:
Warrior’s Redemption

Chapter 3:

A Perfect Day, A Perfect Comeback

It was a beautiful evening at Kadic Academy.

The sun was setting, stretching out its colors in beautiful shades of violet, blue, red, pink, and every color of the rainbow. and it was Sunday, and as such, the students of Kadic were entitled to a day free of classes.

As such, Jeremie Belpois and Aelita Hopper were enjoying the day off with their first date.

Now, Odd, Yumi, and Ulrich had been pressuring them into doing it since Odd had spotted them smooch on a security tape shortly before Cadance destroyed Sector Five, but only recently had Jeremie gotten up the courage to ask her out on an “official” date.

Before then, they had taken plenty of what Odd called “Unofficial,” dates- long walks in the park, watching movies at the Hermitage together, working with Franz Hopper on restoring Sector Five, or just relaxing on a park bench hand-in-hand.

However, today was special: Jeremie had reserved a table at the local Italian restaurant, Giordonos, to be followed by them going to see Pirates of the Caribbean II.

Naturally, he was extraordinarily nervous, despite his being in more dangerous situations before now. After all, who would not be nervous in his situation? Going on a date with a pink-haired angel… whom he had definitely been in love with for the last year or so…

He walked slightly hurriedly towards the Hermitage, his bouquet of roses in one hand, and his corsage in the other. He was wearing a powder-blue tuxedo that was approximately the same color as his normal shirt, but overall, with its navy trim and white button-down T-shirt underneath and black tie, looked much nicer.

Nervously, he opened up the gate to the Hermitage, which had been cleaned thoroughly by the Lyoko warriors and Franz Hopper himself.

Making his way up the front walkway, he finally stopped at the front door, and hesitantly reached out and rapped the door several times with his knuckles.

He waited for a minute, feeling extremely nervous at the prospect of their first real date. Such a scary prospect…

However, his nervousness was erased (only to be replaced by awe) when an angel opened the door.

Aelita, since the events in sector five, had let her hair grow out so it was now reached past her shoulders, and a her jade-green eyes shone brightly, even in the evening twilight.

She wore a simple pink dress that almost touched the ground, and from Jeremie’s point of view, looked perfect on her. It did not hug her curves too tightly, yet at the same time it was not too loose, either. She also wore crimson high-heeled shoes, a pink-pearl necklace, and long white gloves that extended up to her elbows (I forget what they’re called… sorry…)

Jeremie made several sounds along the lines of “I… uh… you…”

This caused Aelita to smile at his lack of coordination/lack of ability to come up with a coherent sentence, causing his rapidly spreading blush to migrate even faster across his face.

“Here.” he finally managed to say, thrusting the bouquet of blood-red roses towards he cause of his distress.

Aelita gasped, looking at the flowers.

“Jeremie, these are beautiful!” she cried, taking them in both of her hands and pressing them to her face, inhaling deeply.

“Thanks.” He said quietly. However, before he could screw up any worse, Franz Hopper showed up.

“Ah, Jeremie! Come in, come in! I’d like to have a word with you,” he looked at Aelita, “Privately.” She nodded and walked off to the kitchen.

Franz turned back to Jeremie.

“Now Jeremie, I know that you are a good lad, and kind, and an excellent programmer, and my daughter likes you a lot.”

Jeremie nodded; all these things were true, of course.

“But…” Franz said in a low and dangerous voice, “if you try ANYTHING funny with Aelita, and I mean anything at all, I will trap you in a scanner and virtualize you into the digital sea myself. Are we in agreement?”

Jeremie was now positively terrified of the gleam in Mr. Hopper’s eyes, but nodded yes anyway.

“Good. Now go take her on that date,” Franz finished cheerfully, and with no sign of the murderous tone in his voice moments before.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

After leaving the Hermitage, it was about seven o’clock, and the two had to hurry to catch a taxi. They managed to make it to the movie theatre with only a few minutes to spare

The movie and dinner, in Jeremie’s opinion, went off without a hitch. They both grabbed a small popcorn to share, and the movie was better then both of them expected. They were both disappointed at the end, but honestly, who wasn’t?

The dinner was also perfect; Jeremie and Aelita split an order of Lasagna. Over dinner, they made small talk, and generally had a good time.

When they left, they realized the time was nearly eleven o’clock, meaning they had to get home (so Jeremie would get back before curfew, and Aelita wouldn’t get in trouble with Franz).

Jeremie, being the gentleman that he was, walked Aelita to the door.

Then, he lost his nerve completely.

“Umm… Aelita…”

She turned towards him, fixing him with her sea-green eyes.

“Yes, Jeremie?”

He blushed furiously, trying to gather his resolve.

“I… I…I’ve been meaning to tell you for a long time…”

Aelita waited patiently.

He drew in a big breath.

“Ithinki’minlovewithyou.” He blurted.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Aelita blushed from the comment. Words were beyond her capacity at the moment, so with burning cheeks, she leaned in closer to the blonde computer genius.

Jeremie, blushing equally red, took the obvious cue and leaned in close to the pink-haired girl.

They were inches apart, and still they moved closer. A mere millimeter separated their lips-

Then, the distance grew rapidly greater as Franz Hopper’s fist connected soundly with the side of Jeremie’s head.

Aelita looked up at her father, shocked. “FATH-” she started to yell, before he looked at her, electricity crackling around him, and his pupil pulsed once to reveal a horrifyingly familiar bulls-eye sign with sticks coming out of it.

“No…” She began to gasp, before Franz shot her in the face with a ball of lightning.

As she fell back, she had time only for one conscious thought.

It’s not possible, she thought. Bass and I beat you together…

And with that, her world dissolved into darkness.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Odd was playing solitaire on Jeremie’s laptop back in his room when suddenly the game quit.

“Hey, what giv-” he began, but then turned pale white as a screen popped up, scrolling through the various towers of Lyoko. It finally stopped on one, which displayed a biohazard logo next to it and a XANA logo underneath that. The tower was pulsating red.

“Damn.” he whispered, and raced to find his friends.

Sithking Zero: Yes, I know that this was really bad. And I mean REALLY bad, but I haven’t written romance in a little while, so I’m rusty. besides, this chapter was more for setup then anything else. Oh well, read and review anyway!

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]