But...Don't you love me? by Kiwi_R0x
[Reviews - 1]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Alright, so this is kind of a thing like Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech. I really liked that book and decided to make a little mix-up with the Code Lyoko Characters place, so…yeah. I know, Hard to believe that I actually read. I know, I know.

HERE’S WHATCHA NEED TO KNOW:

Italic- present time; diary entry.
Normal- back in time or the story IN the story! (When the narrator tells the story that follow this one.)
Underline- Flashbacks
Bold- Thoughts (Or me, of course) Okay, this is a story of Sam, the son of Ulrich and Yumi. And how the family wreaks apart. And instead of living in France, they live in America.

ALRIGHT GOOD TO GO:

Dear JOURNAL,

It’s been nine days since my mother ran away, my father always said she’ll come back, but I’m not to sure anymore. I want to keep thinking she’s working late; or missed her train, maybe on a business trip. She wouldn’t just leave me, would she? She loves me so much, and daddy too. There’s no way she’d just leave, without saying goodbye to me in person. The last day I remember so well, She kept wanting me to get out of the house with her, I suppose it was Mother/Son time again on the calendar, and me being my 13 year old self, with homework, friends, and that new ‘Go Away Parents’ non-written rule buzzing through my mind…Couldn’t she see I didn’t want to be with her that one day? Out of the rest 364 days, I’d want to, but I was in a bad mood; and usually it’s sunny when she wants to go outside with me; but it was pouring down outside. I got really mad at her, and I kinda shouted at her… You see, it went like this…

(The day before Yumi ran away) February 19th

(The day before Yumi ran away) February 19th

“Come on now, Sam!” Mom called to me.

“Not now ma! Kinda busy at the moment!”

“Alright, Alright.”

My momma was pregnant with my baby sister, and only 2 months into it…My parents told me that if I was “a good boy” I’d have the honor of naming her. I actually wanted to do that, have a tighter friendship with my sister than most brothers have.

It was a drizzle Saturday morning; when my daddy didn’t work. By work, I mean, on the “farm” we had on the side of our house.

The land was HUGE that we actually owned! We had 20,000 acres of land for us to use, and us alone.

Our house was usually quiet; it was a small humble 2 story house in the wonderful plains of Texas.

Our backyard wasn’t really the big part, it was the rest. We had a few trees here and there, and this one tree.

Ooh, I liked this one tree. I KNOW! It sounds weird! Me, a 13 year old boy, supposing more interested in girls is here, talking about trees, but this one tree. Oh, man. The best tree ever. One of a kind; I loved it. Ever since I was three years old I climbed it, swung on it, or just chilled up there. I had no tree-house, I’d just sit on a limb and read, do my homework, listen to music, or just look up to the great sky or stars above me, looking so close I could easily grab them in my palm.

It was a maple tree; and probably the biggest tree we had on our land. There was a couple in better shape, a couple with brighter leaves, most of them looked like they were happier, but I was drawn to that tree, and so was my momma, but my daddy didn’t really care for it. He would never cut it down or anything, he’d just never sit with me on that tree, or lie beneath the tree with me.

In fact…my daddy did almost nothing with me.

It was always “Your momma needs this” or “Business is going great” or “Not now son, I’m busy” and then he comes in five minutes later asking ma if she had anything for his bored self to do.

I always felt that my daddy never loved me, and is just in that house because of momma. He probably didn’t care for me either, and knew that if he abused me, Momma wouldn’t love him anymore, and off she would go.

I didn’t give a care, nope. Dad can be like that if he wants, because I sware, that tree was for me more than he’ll ever be. Oh. My. God. That tree was my lover; my best friend; my parents; my pet; my angel, all mixed together in a plant mother nature put perfectly in the land my name owned.

Other than that tree, I had other beautiful things in that yard; the rose bushes, the rabbit hut; the birdhouse. Everything you could ever imagine we had in that not-yet back yard.

I don’t really know what happened to my daddy’s parents, Daddy never told me, and I really think he never will. Momma doesn’t even know, and that’s not a very good topic to pick on, because she will possibly scream at him why she can’t know, and Daddy would just get up, and walk away, not to be seen for another hour or so.

One time, he wasn’t seen for a week. He said he came back because he loved her. He said nothing about me. Just her, and that was it.

On the OTHER side of the family, Granny Salamanca, and Grand pop Chanhassen were great nature lovers, and that actually loved me. More than daddy ever will. I bet that tree loves me more that he will even pretends to love me.

I was just sitting at my desk, trying to finish this book for English class that I already forgot the name of. I was so…so…close….when-

“Ricky dear! You know you should probably get something for us to eat tonight, I don’t have enough for all of us to have a proper mean tonight.” I heard mom walk away from my door, and then I heard footsteps come back up.

“Sonny?”

“Dad?”

KNOCK

“Can I come in?”

“Sure Dad.”

Daddy swung the door open with a pretend loving look on his face,

“Would you like to come with me to pick something out to eat tonight?”

“…I don’t know dad…I have to read this book for English before Wednesday or-“

“…How long is that book?”

“…245 pages.”

“What’s today again?”

“Saturday…”

“And what page are you on?”

“…twenty-five.”

“Meaning you’d have 220 pages to read afterwards huh?”

“Yes, Dad.”

“Aww, sonny, we haven’t done anything for the longest time! Besides, let’s give mom her space.”

Ooh, ‘give mom her space’ is a big deal, and I knew what that meant.

Mom was going to smack us if we didn’t do what she said, with her being pregnant and all, she needed to be alone sometimes; just to think about that new…cute little girl she’ll bring into the world.

Ew, okay…back to story.

”Yes, sir! Right away sir!”

And what exactly did he mean for ‘the longest time’? Hello! Daddy, you can just say since I was born! We’ve done NOTHING since that day! NEVER!

Alright, what kinda annoyed me is…I sware my daddy doesn’t even know my own name. It’s always “Sonny” Or “Buddy” OR “Little Boy” (When I’m in trouble) or, “Mister Stern.”

Mister Stern was used when my daddy was talking about me getting married or anything about the future.

Mr. Stern the president, Mr. Stern the famous doctor, Mr. Stern the best actor in America! He ALWAYS had to over do me. Always.

I put my shoes on and watched my mom and dad swat some spit for about five minutes, and who KNOWS where that would’ve gone if momma reminded my daddy I was standing in the room.

“Go on now, boys.” She said to me and kissed my cheek, “Us girls will be just fine. Just…don’t hook up with any girlfriends, my Sammy boy, I wanna meet the girlie first.”

OH I HATED THAT! They seriously believe I’m gonna pick up some real girls with my dad next to me? Ha! Ha! Ha! NO!

“Of course, Momma.” I smiled at her, “Don’t forget about Blackberry.”

Okay, I’m not quite sure about the whole plant deal in my family, it’s just…we have this huge urge to name everything a plant or fruit (Except Daddy, of course) and Blackberry was our best bunny rabbit. Remember? We don’t have a rabbit hut for NOTHING!

Blackberry was a black rabbit with white spots on his left eye, right tip of his hear, a huge spot on his back, and a huge…glob like thing on his tail.

…I didn’t name him! Mom did! Know that NOW!

“Of course…”

Blackberry was also a girl…so the ladies ruled the household.

Big time.

So me and daddy walked down the steps to his big blue pickup truck.

“Where are we gonna go daddy?”

“Just down the street to Benvards.”

“…I don’t like Benvar-“

“YES you do, now- wait, you don’t?” My daddy closed the door for me, and opened his.

“No, I don’t.” I answered, looking at the door, Mommy wasn’t there.

“Since when?”

“…Ever…”

“Really? So why did you always eat it when I brought it home?”

“Because…I thought….you’d be mad at me if I didn’t.”

“Are you okay Sonny?”

“Sam.”

“What?”

“My name is Sam.”

“Something bothering you, Sam?”

“…Yes, dad. Yes.”

“What is it?” He said driving, looking at the road and then glancing at me.

“You.”

“Me? What did I ever do to you?!”

“THAT’S JUST IT DAD! You’ve never done anything with me! You don’t even PRETEND to care about it anymore!” I wailed.

I felt the car stop; and I knew we weren’t at Benvards yet. And then a palm on my shoulder.

“ I know I’ve been fussing for awhile, son.” He told me, “But I love you…”

“No. You love Momma.”

“Yes, I love her too.”

“Just- can we get going?”

“I’m sorry sonny.”

“That okay, Ulrich.

My dad let out a grump.

He didn’t like being called by his first name it was “Ricky” or “Mr. Stern” and for some lucky ladies “Baby” and I’m saying “lucky ladies” as in, not just my momma.

The trip back was totally dead silent.

It kinda scared me. He’s planning my death! ALREADY!

We came back, and put the food on the table.

…We went to Henlands, a chicken place other than Benvards, a cheaper place in prices and food.

Momma was on the couch watching TV, but jumped up hearing us open the door.

“Hello there my two favorite boys.” She kissed my dad once more, and hugged me, Blackberry in her other hand.

“Blackberry missed you, Sammy boy.” She said handing me, my pet rabbit.

“Blackberry.” I smiled and looked at my bunny, as she licked my nose, “I missed you too.”

“Now, how about you bring that bunny wabbit outside and we-“

“Mom, it is RAINING outside, don’t you see I just don’t want to go? When you realize that, you let me know.” I know it sounded like random rudeness, but I was already on my bad side with my dad.

I heard my mom sigh, but it wasn’t a regular one, it was a saddened one.

Daddy, now known as Ulrich, cuddled her and whispered to her.

But by the next morning, my momma was gone.

She left a note:

Dear Family,

I just need to get away, I’ll be back quite shortly, give me a week or two, life’s being mean again to me. Don’t worry though, I’ll be back. I promise.

Love,
Momma

Promise my foot.

Promise my foot.

Ulrich came running to me with the note tears in his eyes.

“Sonny, Yumi’s ran away.”

“Oh dear, the one and only person you love in the world has gone away, now you have nothing but the rabbit you hate, and the son you can’t stand.” I replied.

He gave me a look.

“I already knew, I woke up three hours ago.”

Ulrich looked at the clock.

“At four this morning?”

I shrugged.

“Couldn’t sleep.”

“..Oh…”

Ulrich turned back and walked to the kitchen,

I could tell this was for the worst.

Something bad was gonna happen.

Well, Journal. That’s pretty much all I can tell ya for now. I have to go now. Dinner Time!

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]