The Window by CODL
[Reviews - 13]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

“I don’t know Herb” Nicholas said worriedly. He looked down at the little piece of paper once more, mesmerized by the hurtful plan. How could Herb think of something so nasty, normally Sissy was in charge of that.

“What are you talking about, this is perfect” Herb retorted. They needed to be taught a lesson; no one stole Sissy from him. “Now, are you in or not” he asked, looking at Nicholas menacingly.

“I’m in I’m in.” He put his hands up defensively as though Herb would try to hit him.

“Now, all we’re missing is a little spy work.” Herb put his hands under his chin and began thinking deeply. “I’ve got it” he said suddenly, “I’ll follow Odd and Ulrich and you follow the other 3.”

“Hey, why do I have to follow 3 people and you only have to follow 2” Nicholas whined. He hadn’t done any real work all summer and the last thing he wanted was to start before school.

“Stop whining, now we’ve gotta go out for supplies later. I’ll call you then.” Herb got up from his seat and left the room, leaving Nicholas with his thoughts.

‘Man, why do I have to help him with this, it’s his problem’ Nicholas thought bitterly. ‘He’s lucky he’s my best friend or I wouldn’t be doing such mean things. He’s just mad that Sissy chose Odd.’ Nicholas stood up and walked to his bed, “I think a nap would be good right now” he said to no one in particular.

-------------------------------------------

“Come on Jeremy” Aelita pleaded. She was tugging desperately at his arm, trying to get him to move. “Look, everyone else is dancing.”

Jeremy wasn’t so thrilled about the idea of dancing, partly because he was a bit shy and partly because he simply hadn’t tried before. “Come on Aelita, I can’t dance” he said, praying that she could leave him be.

An eerie grin crept across Aelita’s face at this. She sat down next to Jeremy in the large booth. She edged closer to him, making sure he saw the alluring look in her eye. She wrapped her arms around him and looked at him timidly. “Please” she said sweetly.

‘That was a cheap shot and you know it’ Jeremy thought as he stood up. “Fine” he said in defeat, “but just one song.” He held up one finger to signify he was serious, hopefully Aelita thought he was.

Aelita smiled vibrantly and took him by the hand. She drug him into the crowd of people dancing to the upbeat electronic music, they could both hear Odd and Ulrich laughing hysterically over the music. They were all seated in one large booth with a single candle in the middle of the table.

Aelita began to move her hips and sway to the music; she seemed to know what she was doing. “Now just do what I’m doing” she said, trying desperately to be heard over the music.

Jeremy tried to match her movements, but sadly to no avail. His motions were off tempo and…..well….he just plain couldn’t dance. “Told you” he said to himself, slightly bitter about being drug onto the dance floor only to embarrass himself, he pushed the thought into the back of his mind and smiled at her, acting like he was having a good time. ‘You’re lucky I love you’ he thought.

After the music had stopped briefly Aelita headed for the table, she could see Jeremy following quickly and giggled a little bit. She turned around to face him and took him in a generous hug. “I’m sorry” she said, Aelita could see he didn’t have a good time out there.

“It’s fine” he said, hugging her back. After he let her go he took his seat in-between Ulrich and Aelita.

“Nice dancing Travolta” Odd said sarcastically. Sissy quickly slapped him on the back of the head at this, “Ow, what was that for, I was just joking” he said loudly, rubbing his head in pain.

“That wasn’t nice” Sissy said, scolding Odd like he was a small child. Ulrich and Jeremy both giggled at his embarrassment, only to be slapped by there significant others.

“You shouldn’t laugh at other people’s misfortune” Aelita said. She gave Sissy and Yumi both high fives as the boys just sat there, looking grumpy about being disciplined outside of school.

After a few minutes of silence Odd spoke up “Hey, they’re playing slow songs in a few minutes.” Everyone looked at him skeptically at this. The club was playing upbeat techno and here he was saying they were going to play slow songs. “No, I’m serious guys” he said defensively, “it says it right here.” He held up a little flier that he had picked up when he entered the building. “Here, it says techno/electronica from 9:00 to 10:30, then it’s slow songs until 12:00.”

“What’s after that” Sissy asked, trying to get a good look at the bright yellow flier.

“Um….oldies….does anyone want to stay for that” Odd asked. Everyone looked at him with a disgusted look and shook there head simultaneously. “I didn’t think so” he said in agreement.

“Does anyone want a drink or some food” Jeremy asked as he got up from his seat.

“I’ll have a Diet-Coke” Sissy said, raising her hand.

“Me to” Odd replied.

“I think we’re good” Yumi said, taking Ulrich’s hand in hers and setting it on her lap. She looked at Ulrich with eyes that hinted sadness, but it was buried deep from years of practice. ‘I really do want to trust him…..but why is it so hard’ she thought as she stared into his beautiful green eyes.

“Alright, I’ll be right back” Jeremy said as he walked quickly towards the small bar. It had a big menu of drinks and appetizers over the counter and there was a man in his early 20’s serving both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. “What’ll it be” he asked Jeremy without even looking at him.

“Um, I’ll take 2 Diet-Cokes and a Pepsi” Jeremy said. He got out his wallet and took a seat at one of the stools in front of the counter.

“It’ll be a minute buddy, I’ve got other orders to fill out” the barkeeper said. He shrugged his shoulder and continued with his work.

Jeremy must have sat there for 3 or 4 minutes, tapping his fingers on the cold wooden shelf in front of him, patiently waiting for his simple order to be filled. He closed his eyes for a few seconds, getting extremely bored, when he felt someone put there hand over his and slowly intertwine there fingers with his. “Oh, hi Ael….” He stopped when he realized it wasn’t Aelita holding his hand, but another girl who looked more or less a year younger then him.

“Hi cutie” said the young, red-haired girl. She smiled seductively at Jeremy, not taking her hand off of his. “Haven’t I seen you at Kadic?”

“You…might have” Jeremy said nervously, his throat went bone dry when he realized that Aelita could be watching. He tried to move, but his mind as well as his body was frozen, he just locked up.

The girl leaned into him, placing her lips dangerously close to his ear. “I’ve liked you for so long Jeremy” she whispered. “I always see you going into that pink haired girl’s room, but why can’t you come into mine” she asked sweetly. She positioned her head in front of Jeremy’s and just looked longingly into his eyes, “Beautiful eyes” she said, looking mesmerized. “By the way, I’m Nicole” she said as she placed her other hand in Jeremy’s lap and slowly leaned into him.

------------------------------------------------

“Oh my God” Yumi said in disbelief, she cupped her hands over her mouth and just stared at the scene that she knew the rest were witnessing as well. This attractive if not sexy young girl, putting her grimy hands all over Jeremy and kissing him like she owned him, Yumi closed her eyes and waited for what was sure to come next.

Tears welled up in her eyes, Aelita couldn’t bear to watch this unfold, but she didn’t dare turn away. ‘This can’t be happening’ she thought sadly. All the mixed emotions were too much for her to bear. Anger, jealousy, anguish, and worthlessness all found a way to meld together in her heart, and it was just too much. The tears ran surely and strongly as she stormed out the front door, waiting eagerly to wake from this twisted dream. Had she stayed another moment, she would have seen Jeremy push Nicole away and run towards the booth.

------------------------------------------------

Everyone glared angrily at Jeremy, looking at him with judgmental eyes. “Way to go Einstein” Odd said standing up. He walked away from the table, knocking Jeremy in the shoulder as he walked past. He went to a small corner in the back of the club. Sissy looked at Jeremy, she didn’t look angry, but like she was trying to figure something out. She followed Odd quickly; she didn’t want to be caught in the awkward situation.

Ulrich just shook his head and dropped his gaze to the table.

“No, you guys don’t understand” Jeremy pleaded. “I was just getting my drinks and this girl came up to me, I swear I didn’t do anything” he said in desperation.

“You let her kiss you, and it didn’t look like you were trying too hard to get away” Yumi retorted.

“I froze up ok; I didn’t know what to do.” He ran his hand through his blonde hair nervously as he looked around; he didn’t see which way Aelita had run off to. “You guys gotta believe me.” He looked desperate.

Ulrich thought for a moment, not looking at Jeremy as he pleaded for their help. He raised his head to face Jeremy, and then he looked at Yumi. He sighed loudly, “She ran outside” Ulrich said at last.

“Thank you” Jeremy said as he ran out of the club to go look for her, this would be a long night trying to find her in the city. As he ran around aimlessly searching for her, he hoped that she would be alright when he found her.

----------------------------------------------

“I can’t believe him” Odd said angrily as he slumped in the cool corner next to the air-conditioning.

“I’m sure it wasn’t his fault” Sissy said, taking a seat next to him. “Come on Odd” she said when she saw that his expression hadn’t changed. “We all make mistakes.” She curled up next to Odd and laid her head on his shoulder, “I’m sure it was just some girl who liked Jeremy.”

“You’re right” he said after a moment of thought. “Jeremy’s not like that, we all know he loves her.” Odd wrapped his arm around Sissy and pulled her closer, she was almost lying on him now.

“He loves her? He actually said that to her?” Sissy looked surprised at his statement.

“Yeah, we all know he loves her. That guy would die for her if given the chance” Odd said, half jokingly.

“Isn’t it a little weird for your friend to be in love with your cousin” Sissy asked.

“What…..Oh, no not really.” Odd had to think about what she had said for a minute, and then his brain kicked in.

“That’s good to know” Sissy said with a smile. “Odd….I know we’ve only being together for a few days now….but….I…I want you to know that I….” Sissy had to gather the courage to continue. “I think I…”

“ALRIGHT COUPLES, LET’S GET ON THE DANCE FLOOR” said the DJ loudly over the PA system. “IF THERE’S A SPECIAL SOMEONE THEN YOU BOTH BETTER GET YOUR BUTTS ON THE DANCE FLOOR. FIRST WE’RE PLAYING “I DIFFERENT KIND OF PAIN” BY THE RELATIVELY UNKNOWN BAND COLD, ENJOY.”

Sissy didn’t look happy to be interrupted by the annoying DJ. She sighed exhaustedly and hung her head a bit.

“What were you saying” Odd said, sounding clueless.

“Nothing never mind…..can we not dance? I kinda just want to sit here with you” she said, nestling against Odd.

Odd put his hand behind her head as the piano began playing over the speakers, he held her tightly as he kissed her soft, moist lips. The kiss was another brief one, but it didn’t matter that much to either of them, they knew how much it was worth. “Sure thing” he said, smiling and staring longingly into her eyes. He leaned into her and placed his hands on her upper thighs, taking in her wonderful scent, and remembering her luscious taste. He lost all sense of reality as he continued to kiss her passionately, and he let his body take him where it pleased.

----------------------------------------------------

As the gentle piano and the sound of a soft ocean breeze played soothingly from the speakers, Ulrich took Yumi’s hand and stood up. “May I have this dance” he asked in a gentleman’s tone.

Yumi lifted herself from the table and kissed him on the lips briefly. “I’d be honored” she said sweetly. As they walked into the crowd, Yumi began to listen to the song; she always liked the vocals better then the instruments.

Before I let you go,

Give me just one more night to show you how I feel

Ulrich placed his hands around her hips and began to slow dance, swaying his body with hers. ‘She doesn’t know how lucky I am’ he thought. ‘I don’t deserve such a wonderful girl.’ He danced closer to her and she pressed her body against his.

I lost all my control

If it takes my whole damn life

I’ll make this up to you

“Ulrich” Yumi said, breaking the soothing silence between the two of them.

“Yes” he replied, continuing to dance slowly.

“What if my mom takes it the wrong way….what if she gets mad at me?” Yumi looked to the ground as she said this, the thought playing vividly in her mind.

Kinda like the waves

That roll there whole life towards somewhere

Crashing on the shore

Ulrich stopped dancing and bent down to position his face in her line of sight. “Look at me” he said, “she’s your mother, I’ve met her before, she’ll want to help just as much as I do.” Ulrich took her hands reassuringly and smiled at her, “I called someone today.”

Yumi’s mouth dropped as she stared at him, he actually got someone for her to talk to. She took him in a grateful hug and a single tear rolled down her pale cheek. “Thank you” she said excitedly. Finally, someone who knew what she was going through.

“You’re first visit is next month, I hope that’s not too much time” Ulrich said, looking concerned.

It’s blown in by the wind

That carry’s the clouds

To hide my wish on a fallen star

“No, that’s perfect Ulrich” she said, trying to sound strong. She brought him into another generous hug and held him like he was a savior. “I love you Ulrich” she said, trying, once again, to hold back the tears, both painful and happy.

A different kind of pain

Is someone there to hold you

Someone there to take you away from me

“I love you to” he said sweetly. He pulled her into a passionate kiss and he could care less if they were in the middle of a dance floor. He closed his eyes, and he could feel her warm breath on the bridge of his nose.

A different kind of pain

Is someone there to hold you

Someone there to take you away from me

She placed one hand on his cheek and one on his hip, loving every moment of it. ‘This si different then what you’re father did to you’ she thought to herself.

‘But what if this is the exact same thing?’

‘It’s not and you know it. Look at all he’s done for you over the past year and a half. How many nice things has he done from the kindness of his heart? You’re father didn’t love you, Ulrich does. It’s as simple as that.’

‘I wish I could believe that so easily.’

----------------------------------------------

I’ve looked everywhere she likes to hang out” Jeremy said to himself. He was breathing extremely hard and he was sweating profusely, a sweater might have not been the best choice for a summer wardrobe.

Then it hit him, “How did I not look there before” he said to himself, feeling so stupid. ‘Please be ok’ he pleaded in his head.

---------------------------------------------

“I thought he loved me” she cried. “Why did that girl have to ruin everything, I wish he would have told me he liked someone else.” She didn’t have anyone to talk to, but she needed to get it out of her system. The tears had died down by this time, but she still felt the same way. “Not even Yumi came to talk to me when she saw how broken down I was” she said to herself.

“I…..I’m not Yumi…..but I’ve got some things to say” Jeremy said showing up behind her. They were behind the club near the dumpsters and Jeremy still felt like an idiot for not looking for her.

“Well then start talking” Aelita said venomously. She stood up angrily and stood I front of Jeremy, waiting for his explanation, ‘this had better be good’ she thought.

“I’m so sorry Aelita” he said, taking a step closer to her. Aelita backed away, and Jeremy felt like even more of a terrible person. “This girl just came out of nowhere and started hitting on me, and I froze up like an idiot. I don’t like her, I’ve never even met her before, and I should have stopped her from kissing me. I’m so sorry, can you forgive me” he asked, not moving form his spot and looking into her eyes apologetically.

“You…..you don’t like her” Aelita asked, feeling perplexed. “And she just come out of nowhere and kissed you?” I thought all those terrible things about him, and there wasn’t even anything going on. Aelita sighed exasperatedly, “I forgive you” she said, a weak smile forming on her lips.

Jeremy smiled ecstatically to hear her say that. He took a seat against the wall and Aelita joined him. He took her hand and kissed it lightly, “I love you” he said, hoping she had fully forgiven him.

“…..I love you to” she said finally, giving him a teasing kiss on the edge of his nose. They both giggled at this, they could hear the DJ switching songs; this one had more of a slow techno vibe to it.

There’s something wrong with me

I think it’s starting to show

And I just can’t believe

That you pretend to not know

“Aelita…..can we just put this whole incident behind us” Jeremy asked timidly.

Aelita smiled at him tiredly, and kissed him once more, except this time on his lips. “What incident” she said as she pulled away.

Jeremy got a kick out of this and laughed slightly, trying not to laugh too hard at the lame joke. Her sense of humor had improved since she arrived on Earth, and it was definitely showing.

“Jeremy, do you want to do something tomorrow” Aelita asked.

“Like what” he replied. He turned his head to face her, he was feeling curious.

“Do you want to go to the arcade?” She shrugged her shoulders and waited for his answer.

“That’d be cool, I’ll pay don’t worry about it” he said dismissively.

“Thanks” Aelita whispered as she closed her eyes.

I’m perfect

You’re perfect

We’re perfect aren’t we baby

I’m perfect

Everything is perfect

So perfect, aren’t you

The soothing music and the cool breeze took its toll on Aelita. She had been crying so hard earlier that she didn’t have any energy left. She slowly slipped away and fell fast asleep, right there in Jeremy’s arms.

Jeremy giggled slightly and kissed her on her forehead. “Good night princess” he whispered. She smiled in her sleep and wrapped herself in a ball. ‘She looks so peaceful’ he thought, ‘I’ll wake sleeping beauty up later.’

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]