The Perfect Summer by lyoko scipio 1114
[Reviews - 9]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
More Ulrich and Yumi action!!!

Chapter 3 – Odd and His Songs

 

A strange vibrating sensation woke Yumi in a start. She reached into her pants pocket and grabbed her cell phone. Glancing at the time, she realized it was already 8:00.

 

Man, I had the weirdest dream last night, she thought. I dreamt that Ulrich came over here, and . . . and . . . we kissed. But it felt so real.

 

Ulrich groaned sleepily on the end of the couch. Yumi and Ulrich had fallen asleep on the couch together late last night. Yumi’s eyes drifted over to him.

 

Ulrich? Oh! It must not have been a dream! Wait, that means . . . That means I really kissed Ulrich! It’s all coming back to me now. We kissed last night and then we found out it was late, and so then we ended up falling asleep together on the couch. What a night. I should wake him up now. But he looks so cute when he’s sleeping, what with that little smile on his face. Wonder if he’s dreaming. Maybe he’s dreaming about me. Or he could be dreaming that Odd fell into a pool of whipped cream. Hope he’s dreaming about me.

 

Yumi sat up slowly, cautious of Ulrich’s still sleeping body. She tiptoed over to the other end of the couch, knelt down to his height, and whispered in his ear.

 

“Wake up sleepy head! It’s 8:00 in the morning!” When he didn’t even do the slightest stir, she kissed him lightly on the cheek. This got him awake fast.

 

He shot up and blinked twice. He turned to look at Yumi. “Did you just kiss me? Or was I dreaming again?”

 

Yumi smiled. “I just kissed you, you weren’t dreaming. You wouldn’t wake up, and that’s the best surprise ‘wake up’ message that I could think of. Do you remember last night at all?” she asked.

 

“Not really. But I had the weirdest dream that we kissed and fell asleep together on the couch. Wait a minute . . .” The facts started compiling in his head. Mentally he sorted them and put them in order. Suddenly he realized something. “I wasn’t dreaming, was I? We really did kiss, didn’t we! And that’s why you weren’t afraid to kiss me to wake me up! Am I right?”

 

“Yeah.” Ulrich leaned closer and kissed Yumi again.

 

“You’re a good kisser,” Yumi replied with another swift kiss on the cheek. Yumi stood up and took Ulrich’s hand in hers and pulled him off of the couch. They hugged, and Yumi’s eyes drifted over to the Japanese style clock on the nearby wall.

 

“Ulrich, we should really head to the school now. If we’re not back by 9:00, I’m sure Jim will investigate and we’ll surely get in trouble. It’s like almost 8:30 now, so let me go change quickly and we’ll go back to school.” Yumi headed upstairs as Ulrich sat in a chair. Moments passed, and Yumi came down wearing her normal, plain, black outfit. Black belly-shirt, black pants, the usual.

 

“You look very cute in that outfit today, Yumi. Very very cute. Hot, almost.” Yumi smiled as Ulrich placed his arms tightly around her waste. For the third time already today, he placed a kiss on her lips. She smiled, and he took her hand inside of hers. They walked out of the Ishiyama household and down the street. Ulrich let go of her hand momentarily, but replaced it on her hip.

 

When they arrived at the school, the two snuck into the dorm building. They walked up the stairs cautiously, in fear that Jim would detect them, and finally reached Ulrich and Odd’s dorm. Ulrich placed the key in the keyhole and unlocked the door. They stepped inside. No sign of Odd.

 

“Hey, Yumi, I’m going to change my clothes, if you want to go out in the hall, you can, or you can stay in here and play with Kiwi, where is that adorable little mutt, anyway? Come here, boy! Come here Kiwi! Where are you?” Ulrich opened the drawer where Kiwi’s makeshift bed was. When he peered inside it, he got a thorough licking. “I missed you too, little buddy. Where’s Odd?” Ulrich said, talking to Kiwi.

 

Kiwi ran over to Yumi, who sat herself down on Ulrich’s bed, with her back facing his. He changed into his new clothes, and out the door they went. They met Odd, Jeremie, and Aelita outside near the soccer field. Ulrich took his arm off of Yumi’s hip while they were walking, as they had agreed that they would keep their relationship a secret for now. Their own little secret, it would have to stay, because they feared that Odd would have the news spread like wildfire.

 

“Hi, guys!” Yumi said.

 

“Hey! So, did you get Yumi all calmed down last night Ulrich?” Aelita asked.

 

“Yeah.” Ulrich and Yumi exchanged glances, knowing that he did more than just calm her down.

 

“Well, I have to go now. I’m developing new technology for the Super Computer,” Jeremie said, waving ‘bye’ to everyone.

 

“I’ll come with you! Maybe I could help, Jeremie,” Aelita said, running off in Jeremie’s direction.

 

“Hey, Ulrich, I have to go check on Kiwi, wanna come?” Odd asked.

 

“Nah, I think I’m going to stay here with Yumi.” He winked.

 

“Oh, ok. See you later!” Lovebirds. Go Ulrich! He thought under his breath. Ulrich and Yumi walked off to a different bench under a tree, and when Odd looked over his shoulder, he saw Ulrich place his hands around Yumi and kiss her again.

 

YES! I knew it! Go Ulrich and Yumi! . . . Ulrich and Yumi sitting in a tree . . . Hey, why am I singing this?! Stop, Odd, stop. Oh, hey, seeing them kiss made me remember that I have to call Sam back. She said something about wanting to have a group get together here at the school, and possibly a dinner outing. Fun!
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]