The Perfect Summer by lyoko scipio 1114
[Reviews - 9]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Chapter 5 – The Collision

 

Odd managed to get Sam calmed down enough to persuade her to go with the group out to dinner. She smiled, and agreed, finally.

 

She grabbed her skateboard and followed Odd to the rest of the group. They headed off together to the restaurant down the street. Odd and Sam were skating off in the beginning, with Aelita and Jeremie on their scooters riding behind them before, and bringing up the rear was Ulrich and Yumi on their skateboards.

 

As the group got closer to the restaurant, Odd began a conversation with Sam to pass the time, since they had to take a detour past a construction site, which delayed them even longer than Odd and Sam’s camera fit this morning.

 

The rest of the group immersed themselves in their own private conversations, Jeremie and Aelita babbling away on their scooters about something to do with the Super Computer, whereas Yumi and Ulrich were just talking amongst themselves about this morning’s incident.

 

“This morning was crazy. Why would he do something like that to us, Ulrich? I mean, take those pictures and all . . . it’s weird.” Yumi questioned

 

“I don’t think it’s all that strange, seeing how we are talking about Odd, and all. It was just like him to do something like that. I’m just glad the pictures didn’t get out, although in preventing a virtual disaster, I am the one to blame for Sam’s camera getting smashed.”

 

“Oh well, buying a new camera is better than having the whole school know about this morning, I mean, Jeremie and Aelita don’t even know that little detail,” Yumi said, lowering her voice slightly to prevent Aelita and Jeremie from hearing.

 

“Yeah,” he said with a slight smile. “They’d flip.”

 

“Knowing Princess, yes, she would. She’d do a triple back-flip in the air, or at least attempt one.”

 

The duo broke out into a slight laughing fit. Calming down slightly, Yumi and Ulrich glanced up ahead, only to see Odd and Sam skating backwards on their boards, talking to each other while having a backwards race. Aelita and Jeremie weren’t paying attention the slightest bit, but were rather talking about a potential way to get into the Internet.

 

“Odd! Watch out!” Ulrich shouted, pointing at the upcoming curb near the restaurant.

 

Odd, not listening, thinking it was a joke, merely winked at Ulrich, and kept on skating backward. His wheels of the skateboard hit the curb; Odd flew up, and landed on the ground outside of the restaurant. “Ow! That hurt!”

Sam was so elated that she won, that she didn’t notice him falling, until she began turning around on her skateboard, doing a complete 360° spin. Landing the wrong way, she toppled over backwards onto the grass next to Odd. The two sat dazed on the ground, slightly dizzy.

 

Jeremie and Aelita were so deep into their conversation that they didn’t know that they themselves were in danger of joining the collision. Jeremie spotted the rolling skateboard a second too late, slamming on the back breaks of the scooter. In doing so, he collided with Sam’s skateboard, the front wheel got stuck under the board, and he was sent into the air, landing firmly in front of Odd on the grass. “Ow! I think I landed on a rock!” Jeremie said, rubbing the forming bruise.

 

Aelita shrieked with slight horror as she saw Jeremie go down. Running forward to his aid, Sam outstretched her slightly swollen foot, accidentally kicking her skateboard towards Aelita. “Aelita! Watch out!”

 

Aelita looked in front of her, as she unintentionally placed her foot carelessly on the skateboard, hence sending it into a 180° spin, forcing her to land on the ground next to Jeremie.

 

The four sat dazed on the ground, not exactly realizing what had just happened. Ulrich and Yumi buckled at the knees, and almost fell to the ground laughing hysterically at the scene in front of them. Odd attempted to stand up, wobbled slightly, and stepped on his skateboard. The skateboard launched out from his feat directly at Jeremie’s head. Jeremie ducked too late to avoid the upcoming skateboard. The skateboard whacked Jeremie in the back of the head, making him hold his head from the pain. Odd was sent backwards, hitting his head on the door handle of the restaurant. The blonde haired boy was knocked out cold, slumping down to the ground unconsciously.

  
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]