Substitute Princess by Skye
[Reviews - 0]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Takes place after season 2, but does not follow canon after that. Jeremy/Aelita is also focused on somewhat, but the main pairing is still Yumi/Sissi. ^^

She had finally got to dance with Ulrich, a moment that could have come from a dream, in a nice slow dance to one of her favorite songs, so why couldn't she feel happy in that moment? Sissi was in the arms of Ulrich, but all she could do was stare over at Yumi dancing with Odd. Not that there was anything between them, both her and Ulrich as well as Yumi and Odd. Sissi admitted to herself the reason she wasn't satisfied at all as she squeezed onto Ulrich's hand. There was no denying it now.

 

When Sissi wanted something, she wanted it now. She wanted it badly. She very often got what she wanted. Others called her spoiled, but they were just jealous, Sissi thought. However, when it came to the people she wanted, Ulrich for example, Sissi was often left frustrated and lonely. Now, even with keeping Ulrich away from Yumi, Sissi was still lonely. She felt empty, but that was because she had stopped pining for Ulrich. This had happened a while ago, but she had denied it, as she had subconsciously moved onto someone who was just as unreachable. Though now she admitted it completely consciously. She now wanted Yumi Ishiyama.

 

The song ended, and both Ulrich and Sissi broke apart indifferently, and went their separate ways without a word. Sissi stood by herself, a mock-wallflower, after shooing away both Nicolas and Herb. She bumped into Jeremy as she walked around. "Hey! Oh, it's you. Well, aren't you going to be lonely," she said to him.

 

"What?" Jeremy said. The music was too loud for him.

 

Sissi spoke louder now. "Aren't you going to be lonely, now that Mrs. Einstein is going back to Canada."

 

"Canada... Yeah." Jeremy said.

 

"Maybe she'll find a hot Canadian guy during the holiday, who knows. Even Aelita has to figure out there's better picks than you out there sometime."

 

"Sorry Sissi, I can't hear you!" Jeremy said loudly, walking away as fast as he could. Aelita would of course be spending the holiday between Lyoko and the Ishiyama's, as she didn't really have a home to go back to in Canada. Although unaffected by Sissi's teasing, Jeremy was still worried about Aelita during the holiday. With Xana out there, now free of supercomputer, who knew what might happen. And he had to go home himself, there was no way his parents would accept him spending yet another holiday at Kadic so he could look after things. Jeremy sighed.

 

"What's wrong, Jeremy?" a pleasant voice asked.

 

"Aelita!" Jeremy exclaimed. "Weren't you doing the music tonight?" he asked.

 

"I took a break. Put on a braver face. You don't have to be worried about your final exams, I know you'll do great," Aelita said, smiling.

 

"I was just thinking about the holiday, and you here by yourself-"

 

"I'll be with Yumi. It'll be fine. Xana hasn't shown up at all. I can monitor things just as well as you, and I'll be sure to keep in contact with you. Every day. So you shouldn't get too lonely," Aelita said, giggling as he blushed. "And I have something for you."

 

"Um- oh?" Jeremy stammered.

 

"Here," Aelita handed Jeremy a CD. "I made this for your way home, so you can listen to it and think of me," she said. Jeremy just stared at it. "I was going to give it to you closer to when you leave, but I have it now and didn't want to forget."

 

"Thank you, Aelita. But I'm still worr-"

 

"I have to get back now!" Aelita gave Jeremy a kiss on his cheek before returning to be the DJ.

 

Jeremy turned even redder, but still sighed again when Aelita was out of sight. Could she be right? Could they possibly have a summer break with nothing going wrong?

 

As Jeremy pondered their situation while looking fondly at Aelita, Sissi was plotting what to do to get what she wanted. Just because it was implausible didn't mean it was impossible. She notice that Ulrich chose to joke with Odd instead of keep Yumi company after their dance was over. Silly boy. Yumi might be attracted to him, but a mere attraction couldn't keep her attached to him forever, could it? Yumi was over with students from her year. Sissi went over to her. "Yumi," Sissi drawled loudly.

 

"Huh? Sissi? What is it?" Yumi asked.

 

"Dance with me," Sissi said, though it was more of an order.

 

Surprised, Yumi complied. As the noise did not allow for conversation, she allowed herself to be pulled around wordlessly, dancing without a break to every song. Even more surprising than the initial request, found herself having a fun time with Sissi. When they announced the last song of the night, a slow dance, Sissi latched onto Yumi with a hug. "I'm not letting you go," she teased.

 

"You can't be serious," Yumi said.

 

"I am," Sissi said.

 

"People are going to stare. Two girls, you know-"

 

"Let them stare all they can," Sissi challenged.

 

Tentatively, Yumi let Sissi lead her in a slow dance. She saw some people did stare, but then quickly turned to their own business. She allowed herself to relax, and finish the night happily. "I-I have to get home now," she said.

 

"I'll take you," Sissi offered.

 

"Sure," Yumi said, curious to talk to Sissi a little more.

 

The two ran out of the room, passing Ulrich and Odd on the way. "Yumi, wasn't I going to walk you home?" Ulrich inquired.

 

 

"Um... Next time. Sorry, Ulrich," Yumi quickly apologized before continuing out the door.

 

"I wonder what's been up with those two for most of the night," Odd commented.

 

"Sissi's probably just trying to find a new way to get closer to me," Ulrich suggested.

 

"Aw, admit it! You're sooo jealous that they're not both drooling over you," Odd teased.

 

"Cut it out." Ulrich shoved Odd away.

 

"Aren't you?" he still continued.

 

"Yumi doesn't drool," Ulrich said.

 

Outside, Yumi breathed in the cool air. She didn't always much like crowded situations, but today hadn't been bad. She looked over at Sissi, and decided to be the one to start the conversation. "So, what's up with you tonight?"

 

"What do you mean?" Sissi asked innocently.

 

"You know, why you asked me to dance and all," Yumi said, looking away.

 

"Well, you are a pretty girl, and everyone really should have been lining up to spend their time with you. But they weren't, so their loss," Sissi said.

 

"That's really... Um, uncharacteristically flattering of you," Yumi said.

 

"It's very characteristic of me," Sissi said defensively. "I just don't flatter people unless people deserve it. Like you."

 

Yumi looked away, trying not to show her blush. "What's with this change of attitude?" she asked.

 

"Well, it has a little to do with a little change of heart, if you know what I'm getting at," Sissi said.

 

"Change of heart..." Yumi repeated absent-mindedly. "Wait! Don't tell me you've been flirting with me this whole time?!"

 

"I shouldn't have to tell you," Sissi said. Finally, Yumi had caught on.

 

"Wow... I don't really know what to say, really, I'm not-"

 

Sissi quickly interrupted Yumi, placing a finger to her lips. "Think before you talk, so you don't regret what you say," she spoke quickly. Yumi was silent. Sissi tossed her hair. "Well, good night, Ms. Ishiyama. And don't think I'm finished with you yet." Sissi winked, and then continued on her way before Yumi could respond.

 

Later that night, Yumi began thinking about the situation. She'd never really considering having a girlfriend before, but her time with Sissi had been so nice. Then again, it was Sissi here, and it could be some kind of trick of her's. Thinking about it more, Yumi didn't really think so. Sissi was usually much more obvious with her vindictiveness. Before Yumi could finally rest, her decision was to wait and see what the other girl would do next... And be at least a little open to new possibilities.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]