Substitute Princess by Skye
[Reviews - 0]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

"Try not to drop us into a trap again," Sissi said to Jeremy.

 

"Uh, right. I've been scanning the various sectors, and for now, the safest one to route to sector five seems to be the mountains."

 

"Then, we should go there right away, before Xana gets a chance to block us there, too," Yumi said.

 

"If you're both up to it-"

 

"Yes!" both Yumi and Sissi said together, quite eagerly.

 

"All right then. I'll get the virtualization program ready," Jeremy said.

 

Yumi and Sissi both went to the ladder. "You first, Yumi dear."

 

"Sissi, I..."

 

"What is it?" Sissi waited, and then sighed. "If you're going to say something, just spit it out already. Enough with the stalling, you're almost making me nervous."

 

"Well... Just forget about what's been happening recently, and, just know that, I don't really know why, but I really like you," Yumi said uncomfortably.

 

"And I know exactly why I like you, it's because you're a wonderfully beautiful person, my darling Yumi," Sissi said, then gave Yumi a quick affectionate kiss. "We can talk about my good qualities later, but right now, we have to go."

 

"Right," Yumi nodded with a smile.

 

The girls climbed into the scanners, which closed and virtualized them. Sissi looked at herself. "I don't know what Aelita was thinking, with this getup," she commented.

 

"We don't exactly choose what we look like in Lyoko," Yumi said.

 

"Right, it's most likely a manifestation of various subconscious elements," Jeremy explained. "Now, can you two get moving? I virtualized you not far from the location you need to be." The girls followed Jeremy's directions, running close to the location.

 

As they were running, Sissi tripped and fell near the edge. "Be careful," Yumi said, holding her before she could fall.

 

"I know, I don't want to have to be virtualized again," Sissi said.

 

"Actually, if you fall into the digital sea down there, we aren't really sure what will happen. But, it's nothing good," Yumi explained.

 

"I thought you said this place was safe!" Sissi shouted, mostly at Jeremy, who she knew was listening.

 

"Yeah, just stick close to me," Yumi said.

 

"I hate to tell you this, but Xana's activated a tower in your sector over there," Jeremy said.

 

"Oh no. Can't we just go to sector five first, and get everyone else, then deactivate the tower?" Yumi asked hopefully.

 

"We could. But, we really don't know why Xana's activated this tower. Do you really want to be in sector five while Xana sets his plan in motion? Distracting us could have been his idea all along. So, what do you think we should do?"

 

Yumi sighed unhappily. "Fine, Sissi and I'll go deactivate it. But quickly!"

 

"I'm activating your vehicle now," Jeremy said.

 

Yumi and Sissi rode quickly and uninterrupted to the tower. Sissi entered, then deactivated it. "Now, we can finally go to this sector five?" Sissi said when she walked out.

 

"Not exactly, Xana's activated another tower," Jeremy said.

 

"Oh, no!" Sissi said, frustrated. "Maybe it's his plan to distract us with these stupid towers so we can never get anyone else back!"

 

"Let's just go," Yumi said, pulling Sissi back to her vehicle. As they flew, some bees came after them.

 

"Yumi!" Sissi pointed at the monsters.

 

Yumi saw the threat. "Here, you drive now, I'll take care of them."

 

"Me? I don't know how to do any of that!" Sissi protested.

 

"It's easy. Just steer us and stay on the path!" Yumi pushed Sissi to the front, then fought, swatting out the annoying bees.

 

Sissi followed directions, finding it actually was pretty simple. "Good job, both of you," Jeremy said, seeing the threat disappearing, and both of them heading on course to the tower. "The tower's up ahead," he informed.

 

Sissi, looking ahead as Yumi eradicated the digital insects, didn't see a tower at all. "Yumi!" she fretted.

 

"You're almost there, don't worry, Sissi," Jeremy assured.

 

"Yumi, how do I stop?"

 

"You-" Yumi began, but then saw the black hole ahead of them. She took the controls herself, and stopped them suddenly, causing them to fly off. "Jeremy, it's not a tower, here! This must be what got everyone else."

 

Jeremy then began shouting directions, but Yumi and Sissi only saw the black hole as they tried to run away. Yumi's vehicle disappeared inside. Yumi gasped as she saw her foot in the black hole now, fading in and out. "No, Yumi, hurry up!" Sissi shouted, pulling her.

 

Yumi took out her fan, and threw it once more before she disappeared. It hit Sissi dead on, and she devirtualized.

 

Back in the factory, Sissi crawled out of the chamber, feeling dizzy. "Yumi?" she called. Looking inside the other chamber, she found no one. She quickly ran to supercomputer. "All right you toad, where's Yumi?!" she demanded, shaking Jeremy so he'd look away from the computer.

 

"She's not down there, with you?" Jeremy asked.

 

"No!"

 

"Then... She's gone too."

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]