No Such Thing by Kiwi_R0x
[Reviews - 1]

Printer
- Text Size +

He was the most wanted boy in school. The most athletic, the most likely to become a male model, the one all the guys got along with- along with the girls. He was a ‘C’ average student, but was hanging on to the actual passing grades. Whatever you would describe the best man alive, he’s got it, and more. Much more.

She was the most loved girl by guys and the most envied by the girls. Smart, beautiful, perfect smile, wonderful accent, -did I mention- Rich?! Was she ever. Her father owned the most important technology company in the country since the middle of 1982. Her father’s wealth was always used on the only other living family member in the house-hold. His daughter.

He likes her. She hates him. He used to hate her. She used to like him. They used to be the best of friends, they used to be the best friends of ever. They to know everything about each other, but sometimes they forget the others existence.

She has more friends, plus the little group of friends from middle school (the one and only Lyoko gang). That long ago, was it a really a whole 379 days that past since the fateful day Xana was defeated? He had the same group of friends, but he noticed she would avoid him at all costs. He had one other friends, and we’ll meet him later.

Now, they’re in the same grade. Now, they’re in some trouble.

To make matters worse, she found out he was right next to her- locker wise, of course)

T’was the day of…September 7th, the first day of 10th grade.

Ouch.

“Hey there.” He greeted her as he walked up to his locker, she was already at hers, “Have a good summer?”

“I’m sorry, do I know you?” She replied, whipping her head back, to move her hair out of her face.

“Ah, Yumi. Of course you know me. Who doesn’t?” Ulrich replied in a flirty voice.

Yumi sneezed about three times, ad he stepped back.

“Something wrong?”

“I’m sorry.” She apologized, “I’m allergic to people too full of themselves.” And she closed her locker harshly, and walked down the hallway. Without looking back.

“Ooh!” Theo chimed from behind, making Ulrich wince. Why was he stalking Ulrich now? Theo was the 2nd most wanted guy in school- but it didn’t matter, he had a girlfriend already, “Did Mr. Smooth just get shot down?”

“Uggh.” Ulrich groaned. It just so seemed Theo had the locker on the other side of Yumi.

Locker’s went boy-girl-boy-girl order at random in this school. Pffh, and only god knows why.

“She’s crazy for me.” Ulrich continued, “She’s just in denial around me, ya know?” He pushed his backpack into the nicely spaced locker.

Theo laughed in his locker, “No, Ricky, I don’t know. You know I’m already spoken for, man. I don’t care for the other crushes. Two years strong, dude.”

“Two years? Means something don’t it?”

“Heck yeah. Though, it won’t last forever.”

“It’ll hurt like shit.” Ulrich gave his friend a smile as Theo gave him a serious face, “Anyway, just what are you waiting for then?”

“Eh, movie, dinner, locked bedroom.” Theo sighed, “I don’t plan on dumping her afterwards, though. But hell, two years of cuddling, kissing, making out, and full commitment, I deserve SOMETHING.”

“Hmm, maybe she’s one of them that waits for marriage.”

Silence.

“DAMN IT!” Theo cried, “I never thought about that.”

“Chill man, Science first?”

“Yeah. You?”

“Same, let’s go.”

“Aei told me Yumi and she has that class first too.”

“Awesome, 2nd reason we should get a move on.”

“What’s the first?”

“30 seconds and counting till the tardy bell rings.”

XxX

“Welcome to Mr. McRan’s science class!” The teacher shouted proudly, “You’re going to ADORE my class, students!”

He quieted for a response, after he got none –only blank stares- he continued.

“There’s barely ever any homework, and almost all work in here is group work.”

Still nothing. Some one sneezed in the back of the classroom.

“…And you choose your groups of four- and who you sit next to.” He noticed the smiles appearing, AHA, he got them RIGHT where he wanted them, “In group work- you are able to talk about subjects and topic, as long as you’re working. For all quizzes and tests, you are allowed to use notes and/or reviews, but YOU have to make them. I never pass out reviews have you take much notes.”

Cheers and laughs filled the classroom.

“BUT! If you do well without reviews and such. You get something called a golden ticket. You receive one of these for helping, doing what’s right, staying after school when you didn’t have to, and taking the harder way into things.” He held up a golden piece of paper as big as a credit card, “ They’re passes. The entire grade uses them. If you forget homework- Ticket it; if you were tardy- Ticket it; if you want to leave early- Ticket it! Here’s our 10th grade policy. One ticket equals one excuse, one ticket equals five minutes. So, if you wanted to leave my class, you’d give me one of these with a teachers signature, and you’d leave here at 9:23. You can miss a whole class room with eight of these. One from each teacher in the 10th grade working process, and one from the principal. If none of this interests you, or you’re okay with staying the entire class period, and keeping up with homework, we have other prizes as well.” He snickered and continued, “Told you, I knew you’d like this class. Now, get in groups of four, okay? Please and Thanks, go.”

“Yes, Sir!”

“Got it? …Go!”

Aei and Yumi got together as quickly as possible, but didn’t know about the other two.

“Hey there, Aei.” Theo grinned.

“Hi baby.” She replied, swooning, “Whatcha need?”

“Is it cool if I join your group?”

“Go for it!” Yumi smiled. She was fond of Theo- EW. Not like that. As in a best friend kinda way, cuz, Aelita would kill her if it was anymore.

“What about my friend?” He asked.

“Sure…” the girls shrugged.

Theo disappeared into the minor crowd of students, and soon came back. Ulrich right behind, giving Yumi a flirty smile and a wave to Aelita.

“Well, well, well, Ricky.” Aelita mocked her friend, “Long summer; No talk.”

“I went places.” Ulrich replied, rolling his eyes, “But hey. You didn’t miss me that much did you?”

“No. Not at all.” Aelita replied, tittering, as Ulrich gave her a friendly hug.

“Well, I missed you.” He insisted, “But at least you got back with my good friend here, eh?”

“Sure.” Aei replied, taking a seat, “Sit peoples.”

After fighting on who sat where, and who next to, Yumi sat near the end, Then Aelita, Theo, and Ulrich. Everyone enjoyed it, except Ulrich. He wouldn’t have minded sitting next to Yumi, but knew she would have.

“Done? Alright! I’ll pass out book, and I’ll KEEP them, just sign your name on the cover with pen. If two students would be kind enough to help me?”

Taelia and Marilyn came over to help pass out the books.

“Thank you girls.” Mr. McRan said.

“Mmm Hmm.” They responded, surprised they didn’t get a ‘golden ticket’.

The class went by slowly, but thank all gods the bell rang.

“You are dismissed.” Mr. McRan nodded, and sat at his desk.

The students flowed out of the door as words came between them. Pretty much about that amazing science class they just experienced?

“Don’t you think that was fun?” Ulrich stated.

“Whatever.” Yumi responded, “What do you have next?”

“What do you have next?” He took a step closer, trying to put a hand on her shoulder, but he moved.

“I have Home Ec., I don’t think you’d have that class.”

She was right. Ulrich’s parents have been bugging on him to have Home Ec. At least for one year, but he finds the class and everything they do in it, way too feminine.

“-History.” Theo finished, “We have French History.”

“Hope you have a great time.” Yumi grinned at Theo, “and you- …just don’t be as big of a pain this year, mmm’kay?” Her glance moved to Ulrich, and he shrugged it off.

“Hey, what can I say, Yumi? I love you too. I love you too.”

Chapter End Notes:
Hey, I know I haven't done a whole lot lately! I'm working on it! But My TAKS is coming up (2 days) and I kinda need to study, I'll try here and there to start and finish uncomplete chapters I have on my computer. Okay? Okay.
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]