Is This The End? by Kiwi_R0x
[Reviews - 3]

Printer
- Text Size +

Really, it seemed like a normal fight with Xana. Why should it be thought as anything differently?

I sat at my post in front of the Supercomputer, warning and informing my team. It was obvious all of us were getting sick of taking time out of our days, getting into trouble, and barely passing our classes because of Xana's stupid attacks.

Final exams were next Monday, and it being Thursday, we were starting to panic. We weren't able to study at all thanks to Xana. We've been fighting with him for almost three years now, and he failed Yumi. Xana messed up the answers to the SAT while Yumi turned it in- I failed to know this, and never did a return to the past. At the time, we thought Xana was about to do something to Earth, and because he didn't do anything; we decided no return to the past was needed.

Until it was too late.

Yumi told us the story about three weeks into the Summer, over the phone, of course, because she visits Japan for at least a month every summer.

She said she recieved her SAT score over e-mail and it was a mind-blowing 38. She was crying over the phone, and it was hard translating her sobbing words from cries to English words.

We all tried to make her feel better, but it came and went with no avail. Her parents were yelling at her about it; especially her dad. The ulimate sacrafice was made from her bombing grade on her SAT- She must be home at 5pm (one and a half hours after 7th period ends) and she was forced to break up with Ulrich.

Now, I know this was most devistating to Ulrich, but it was hard on all of us. We knew how much Yumi and Ulrich cared for each other. It took them almost 1 and a half years since Odd, Aelita, and I was confident about their feelings that the two finally exploded and almost yelled it to each other. The couple remained happily together until the SAT incident- the exact day as their 6th month anniversy.

Xana was fighting with much more strength. Was William such a big help to him? I felt like the biggest idiot letting William into our group. Xana had all of Lyoko surronded by creepers, hornets, mega-tanks, krabes, the whole deal. It was the Civil War for Lyoko. Four towers were lost in the battle in the Desert. I was jumping up for joy when Xana retreated, and all of our warriors still had high numbers in life points.

Over the years, they learned Xana's attacks, and knew the loopholes to them. I ordeded them to the ice sector. Xana's symbol was very rare there, as if Xana didn't care for the ice sector at all.

From there, I discovered that Xana wasn't planning on attacking all at once, but in little groups all around Lyoko. As if following our warriors. If I didn't know any better; I'd call him a stalker.

Our social lives on Earth were crashing down, our love lives were bombing, our grades were taking a turn to the worst, and our parents came around more than once to give us each a speech about education and how important it really is.

We all had this urge to scream to them about what we were doing. Saving lives, Saving the world. We were heros, but we never got the credit we deserved.

The ice sector was safe once I saw all Xana's creatures were defeated. I smirked and laughed; Xana's going down tonight.

Xana ran off to the mountain sector.

This was much to easy. We might even get William back in the process. With their life points still above the half-way mark. I had this feeling we were going to win.

Odd's life points dropped almost fourty and I looked at the screen. No Xana creatures.

"Odd, 30 life points left." I stated dumb-founded. What could've caused the damage?

"What?" Odd replied, his voice full of confusion, "Nothing hit me, are you sure Einstein?"

"Unless the super computer can't count."

"Ah, Oh well." Aelita stated, "Even if Odd gets devirtualized; Yumi, Ulrich, and I have more than enough life points, right Jeremie?"

"...Yeah..." I answered. I hated to argue with Aelita, but the more people, the more help. Hadn't she heard of the saying: Two heads are better than one?

That was that. I couldn't call Aelita stubborn, she hasn't been on Earth for more than two years. She doesn't have the logic and common sense as SOME humans do. Our warriors were maturing, and thinking about the future, as I was too worried about the present. Xana can attack tomorrow, but it doesn't matter unless tomorrow is today. Another saying my parents would say: Yesterday never happened and Tomorrow never will, the only thing you can do is know what's going on now; in the present.

After getting over her failure, Yumi is back to her own self. Although she comes around to my dorm and cries her heart out every once in awhile.

It's usually because of Ulrich. Because Ulrich will send a smile her way, she feels like she's being torn limb from limb, and Honestly- I have no idea what I'm supposed to do.

"Jeremie? Hey! Hey! JER!!" I snapped back to reality hearing my friends and saviors crying out to me, "Vechicals?"

"Oh, uh. Yeah. Sure." I stammpered. The past is a precious thing. It controls today and tomorrow. After laying back and watching the vechicals load up, I sighed. Why isn't life the same? Why must everything change? Why does life tease and torture us like this?

I remember the good days when Odd, Ulrich, and I would go over to my dorm and call three way to Aelita and Yumi just to talk till four in the morning. Just for the fun of it. I remember when Xana was the thing that was keeping us together. Even if we had different classes, if Xana attacked, there we were, greeting each other and ready for the fight. I remember when I'd have secret conversations with Yumi almost screaming at her to tell Ulrich how she felt, because I was 100 percent sure he felt the same way.

Life was so easy. Now I'm a teenager, and things are going...let's say...weird.
All of a sudden I take interest in the new girl in class and I can see that Aelita isn't too peppy about that. Although, Aei and I never went out, We know we feel about each other. Just recently, I found Yumi attractive! I was scared out of my own mind I didn't sleep for about three days. I knew the only one I could talk to about this was Odd, and after I spilled to him- He laughed and pat my back saying, "Don't worry about it good ol' buddy. I find Yumi pretty good lookin' too! You'll get over it. It's just teenage...stuff...y'know? But this'll be our little secret. Something Ulrich doesn't need to know."

I still find Yumi a really pretty young lady, but I'm taking Odd's word- I'll get over it.

"JEREMIE! ARE YOU SLEEPING OVER THERE?!"

"What? What just happened?"

"Jeremie! Oh my god! AELITA!"

"What?! WHAT?!?" I saw Aelita's dot fall...but wait...that's not possible unless...she fell off...and...was falling into the...

Oh Crap.

I knew I had to do something, but from my spot, There was nothing I could do. The devirtualization process takes a few minutes to get ready, and I WAS NOT ready for that.

I watched Aelita's profile blink, and vanish.

She's gone.

I stared in horror. No, she can't be gone. I'll wake up from this nightmare. I will, I will!

I heard Yumi whimper and my heart took a double-take. Shouldn't I feel like my hearts been ripped out? My love just fell, and...can't come back. What just happened? I'm...just numb in shock. That's it.

The three other warriors fought, and fought hard to make up for Aelita's death.
I was tapping on my screen. Did I see that right? Maybe...someone shot her before she fell actually INTO the sea.

I sat there, just watching. I don't even remember when they won the last battle. I just remember Yumi, Ulrich, and Odd yelling at me to devirtualize them.

I quickly obeyed.

. . .
Present Tense. 3rd Person POV

Jeremie got a grip on the super-computer's power switch.

BUZZZZZ...GLTTTIICCHHHHH...

It was off.

The room was silent, no one said a word. Everything was running through Jeremie's head.

"Uh...Maybe you should get back....to the Kadic?" Yumi stuttered.

"Y-Y-Yeah. I guess. I'll work on Aelita's disapperance story." Jeremie stated, a hand on his head. The feeling of a HUGE MISTAKE was hanging on his shoulders.

"Uh, okay. Well, good night. I'm tired." Odd sniffled. Whether from crying or the cold weather, no one cared to notice. Ulrich followed, with no word exchanged.

Yumi stayed behind, she agreed into helping Jeremie with a story.

"Yumi, I don't understand what was going on. I don't know who I am, or what I'm doing." Jeremie explained when she asked him why he looked so down.

"Lemme fix this for you." She smiled, "You're Jeremie Belpois, A best friend of mine. One of the smartest people I know. You're just confused, Jer. It's natural."

Wow. Was Yumi just giving him advice on being a confused nut? Because it SURE sounded like it!

He chewed a pen. Glaring at Yumi. She gazed back. Suddenly, Jeremie realized why Ulrich was crazy for her. It's that smile. That whole-hearted I-love-you-and-I-mean-it smile.

"Yumi. I love you."

Her head snapped up,

"Come again, Jer?"

"Did you understand me or just not hear me?"

"I think I heard you... but I don't know how to respond." She answered.

Jeremie felt like he was cheating on not only Aelita but himself. His 'love' just died about two hours ago.

"How about, I love you too?" WHAT was Jeremie saying? He felt numb. Was this really himself?

"Jeremie..." She sighed, looking back into his eyes with a smile, "Just don't let Ulrich know..."

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]