No Reason To Live by lyoko scipio 1114
[Reviews - 0]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
 Epilogue  

Ah, April vacation’s finally here. Yes, it’s already April. Thank the Lord.

 

So, school’s been going great so far, my grades have improved remarkably, so much that my parent’s gave me a brand-new laptop. Yeah, imagine that – my dad, of all people, gave me, the kid who almost never pleases him, a brand-new top-of-the-line laptop.

 

Best of all, I’ve been happy. One special person has re-lit the light to my life, and heart. My Japanese friend, of course, Yumi Ishiyama and I have been going out ever since she dumped that loser-of-a-person, William Dunbar, in the beginning of the school year. She said that he hurt her, big time. Nothing physical, just emotional. She saw him making out with some other girl in their grade.

 

She dumped him flat-out the next day, leaving him dumbfounded. He had no idea that she saw what she did.

 

Emotionally scarred, she wanted to get away. Just out of coincidence, she went to the park behind the school that day, and headed down the path where I was hanging out surveying my (at the time), sorry excuse for a life.

 

I was situated under my favorite tree, a big oak tree, when she approached closer, and saw it was me. Needing someone to talk to, she decided to talk to me, feeling that she could relate to me, in a way, with our life situations now.

 

She had spoken my name softly, showing a small Japanese accent, and I, not thinking, snapped back before looking at her face.

 

Surprisingly, she didn’t get mad when I snapped back, but let the truth come out. She told me that she dumped William, just then. I stared into her eyes, and she sat down beside me under the oak tree.

 

She began saying how dumb she was for going out with William, and I reassured her that she was nowhere near dumb, just confused and tricked. After, she began saying how she can’t believe that she went out with him, and how it was a big mistake.

 

Then, she looked up at my face, and was sobbing and distraught, with tears welling up in her eyes, smearing her makeup all over her perfect face. I used my finger to catch some of the falling tears, before they could smear with her makeup more.

 

She had a certain twinkle in her eyes, which told me she was longing for something. She moved closer to me under the tree, and began to speak.

 

“Ulrich,” she said, still sobbing uncontrollably, “I was stupid to go out with William. I made a mistake, and hurt the people who I really care about.”

 

Seeing a confused look on my face, she spoke more, “And I don’t just mean Aelita and the others,” she paused.  “I mean you, too.”

 

A single tear had fallen from her perfect eyes.

 

“Ulrich, I love you.” She snaked her arms around me, and I pulled her into a tight embrace.

 

“Yumi, I love you too. You’re the one I want to be with, I always have.”

 

I leaned in, and placed a delicate kiss on her soft lips. Not sure if I was too soon with the kiss, I hesitated for a little. But, to my slight amazement, she kissed back.

 

We broke apart for a few seconds, and she stared into my eyes. Then, I kissed her perfect lips again, and she turned the kiss into a passionate one.

 

I had gotten what I wanted for what seemed like ages . . . Yumi.


Ever since that day, Yumi and I have been going out. It made my life worth living. I always tell myself that I’m never going back to my depressed, old life. Never again.

 

Yumi and I are still going strong, and I really hope it stays that way. Every day pulls us closer together. And, unlike most kids now, we never fight. Not once since we’ve been going out have we even gotten angry with each other.

 

My life is a lot better now, and I intend to keep it that way. Like I said that day months ago, tales never fails.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]