Remember the Ninja by GarageKid
[Reviews - 0]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

"Odd understand that this mission is very importian." Delmus said.

"Watch Akamaru? Can't Yumi do that?" Odd asked. "Ulrich could even do that!"

"Look, This is much more importian they any other mission you could get. Akamaru may have a virus known as a X virus. With could mean we may have to get rid of Akamaru. All you have to do is watch Akamaru and write down anything you find wierd happening. Akamaru could need to be taken away from Yumi, and as much as I don't want to ruin a Ishiyama clan member loss her beloved dog, It could really be a big deal if we need to have every animal tested for this virus." Delmus said.

"OK, OK, you don't have to lecure me like your my grandfather! I got it I'll watch the dog." Odd said as she left for the training field where Yumi, Ulrich, and Jeremie where training. Jeremie was a ninja that could control insects. Akamaru was laying on the ground next to Yumi.

"Akamaru doesn't look to good." Ulrich said. "He's Breathing wierd."

"I know, I'm worried about him. I think I'll head home and get him looked at." Yumi said as she started walking over toward the road. She was stopped by Akamaru's yipping, as she turned around Jeremie's insects where attacking Akamaru. "AKAMARU!" Yumi paniced as she kneeled near the dog and tried to stop the bugs from hurting him.

"Jeremie call off your insects!" Ulrich said as he tried to help get the bugs off Akamaru. Jeremie tried to regain control, but couldn't at first.

"JEREMIE!" Yumi yelled angerly, as if threatening to attack him. The insects retreated back to Jeremie. Yumi pick up Akamaru, gave Jeremie a nasty look, and started walking back to her house.

"My insects never bisobayed me like that. They would never attack Akamaru, they sould know who he is." Jeremie said.

"I know, that was strange." Ulrich said as he and Jeremie started back to the dorms. Meanwhile, Yumi was on her way home with Akamaru in her arms. Akamaru started whimpering.

"What is it?" Yumi asked as she turned her attendion to a tree, Odd was at the top of it, as she looked up, he lost his balance and fell out. "Odd? What are you doing up there?"

"I was, uh, I was practicing a new ninja stradgy." Odd said. "Yeah, you know, just hangin' in the trees all day. Living like a reble!" Yumi started laughing.

"Well, see you later Odd." Yumi said as she headed home. Odd climbed back in the trees and followed. As soon as Yumi got home, her mom did a blood test on Akamaru to see what the problem was. Akamaru was on the laying on the portch like he always did, while Yumi's mom came back with the test results.

"I'm afraid Akamaru has the X virus. He's fighting with himself. I'm afraid he might have to be taken to a lock down building for testing." Mrs. Ishiyama said.

"No!" Yumi said. "Akamaru can't leave!"

"I'm sorry." Mrs. Ishiyama said. "But the blood doesn't lie." Yumi got quiet. All of a sudden, Odd's Voice was heard and Akamaru started growling and snarling. Yumi and Mrs. Ishiyama ran out to see Odd, on the ground with Akamaru biting his behind.

"Akamaru." Yumi called to get the dog off. Akamaru didn't listen and Yumi started to panic a bit. "AKAMARU!" Yumi raised her voice and the dog let go and got off of Odd. "Odd, what are you doing here?" Odd got up and looked over at her.

"Do you guys feel a draft?" Odd asked.

"Come on in Odd, Mom can fix your pants." Yumi said as Odd walked in, Akamaru made his way up to Yumi's room. Mrs. Ishiyama started to sew Odd's pants back. "Mind telling me what your doing here?"

"I was just passing by and I saw Akamaru and went up to pet him and he bit me. I always pet him when I'm passing by, everyone does." Odd said. He looked over to see Akamaru's head pop out of Yumi's room and then go back in. "Well, are my pants done?"

"Yes I just finished." Mrs. Ishiyama said as she held up his pants.

"Mom, they look like they come out of surgery." Yumi said embaressed.

"It's OK, It's dark out and no one will noitice." Odd said. Yumi got up and went into her room to check on Akamaru while Odd left for the Dorms, and his interesting report for Delmus to read. As he got to the dorms he handed Delmus the report.

"OK, it says here then Jeremie's insects attacked Akamaru without Jeremie's instructions, Akamaru had almost no energy today, and Akamaru bit you while coming up to pet him even though he should know who you are." Delmus read as he looked up at Odd. "Something is wrong with this dog."

***Next Day***

Something attacked a group of ninja, a huge scratch mark was on one of the trees. And everyone knew who did it. Akamaru. As Yumi woke up, she could smell the ninja blood on Akamaru. Her mom rushed in the room when she heard the news. Yumi had Akamaru's paw in her hand.

"Yumi!" Mrs. Ishiyama cried as she walked through the door. Yumi turned and gave her mom a serious look and then turned back to Akamaru.

"Akamaru did it." Yumi said as her mom let out a gasp. "I can smell the ninja's blood on him." Yumi put her other hand on the dogs head. Why did it have to be Akamaru, he was Yumi's best friend. She grew up with dogs, but Akamaru really touched her heart.

"Mrs. Ishiyama." A voice called Yumi carried Akamaru down while her mom answered the door. A group of Police Ninja where at the door, they where there for Akamaru. "In membership of Kadic's school of Ninja Training and the village hidden in the leaves, We must take custidy of Akamaru."

"Why do you need him?" Yumi asked.

"We need to keep an eye on him." One of the ninja said as Yumi noiticed he was carrying one of those cages you carry around for small dogs (I don't know what they're called) Yumi growled and stood up in disagreement.

"Damn it!" Yumi yelled as her mom took her by the shoulders and forced her back down with an apoligizing look on her face.

"Please sign this." One of the ninja said as they handed Yumi a contract that said that they had permission to tak Akamaru to the labs and try to cure him. Yumi signed it and shoved it back at them. One of them took Akamaru and put him in the cage, picked the cage up and walked out of the house. Yumi slammed her fist into the table and walked over to the door, grabbed her backpack, and started out.

"I'll be at Kadic!" Yumi yelled back as she ran toward the school. Trying to keep the tears from escaping her eyes. Odd caught sight of her running, without Akamaru, toward the school.

"What's wrong?!" Odd yelled as she raced by. She didn't anwser and kept running. Odd raced to the principal's office to talk to him about Akamaru.

"Where is Akamaru? What did you do to him?" Odd asked.

"Be was taken to the lab for testing. We may be able to cure him." Delmus said.

"And if you can't?" Odd asked.

"Akamaru, will have to be killed.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]