In the Middle of Life by writing_addict
[Reviews - 1]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Odd sighed, “I know one thing, I will forever wear a bag over my head.”

“Come on, how bad could it be going back to school?” Aelita asked innocently. Nobody said anything and looked at her blankly. Aelita thought it over a bit more. “Well actually, I take it back. Sissy will never let this go.”

“Just Sissy? How’a bout the whole entire student body?!” Ulrich shouted, Clor chewed her lip again glancing at everyone.

“Just when I’m about to start a new reputation...well um, I really don’t see what’s so bad! Yeah our lives will be ruined beyond belief, but...I’m not helping am I? But we know the truth so we shouldn’t let it get us down. Not too much anyway.”

“That’s coming from a girl who has been told things and heard rumors all her life. Of course it doesn’t bother you too much.” Odd interjected. Clor scoffed. Why did she come here anyway?

“So I guess you guys are going lag around here and-” Ulrich’s cell phone rang interrupting her. Except Ulrich’s phone was in Odd’s pocket.

“Oh and um, I got your cell on the way out of my dorm.” Odd took it out and handed it to Ulrich. Ulrich looked at the caller id. and nearly fell out of his seat.

“What is it?” Yumi asked. Ulrich handed his phone to her and Yumi did the same exact action.

“My parents are calling your phone?” She asked in complete horror.

WELL, don’t keep your folks waiting!” Odd said in a humourous tone. The last thing was for her parents to get angry. Her wondered why Aelita was whispering on her cell.

Yumi wasn’t one to be scared but how in the world did her parents get a hold of his phone number? “Help me! I mean-uh...hello?”

Yumi? Is that you?”

“Um...yes?”

It was her mother. “Okay, good. Your father ran out of gas in a construction zone and he rolled over a...um what is it called, dear?” Some sharp pointy machine thing she heard her father say far away. “Um...well we don’t know what it was but it was sharp so the tires popped. We might be stuck here for awhile and we are going to miss the flight...HIROKI GET BACK IN THIS CAR!” Yumi rolled her eyes and waited for her mother to continue.

Sorry, so I needed you to stay with a friend-” ‘NOT A BOY.’ She heard her fatheryell. Mrs. Ishiyama sighed, “Not a boy. We’ll be at Kadiac to pick you up later tonight or tomorrow. Depends, so stay put. Hiroki will stay with Johnny.”

“Okay, but mom?”

Yes?”

“How do you have Ulrich’s number?” She finally asked.

Oh, Hiroki found you cell phone in your suitcase. I grabbed it and got the first familiar name I saw on your phonebook.”

“Alright...bye.”

Bye.” Click.

“Alright um, guys?” Yumi got her friends attention. “My mom says that they can’t make it so I have to stay over at somebody’s dorm. Preferably a girl.”

“Well, I’m open roomed.” Aelita said. Clor cocked her head to the left.

“Why couldn’t I?” She asked meekly. Aelita shrugged.

“No offense, but you have only known Yumi for two and a half days.”

“Well yeah, but I want to get to know her a bit more. It’d be a great opportunity.” Clor replied tucking her hair behind her ear. Both girls secretly argued trying not to disturb society. While they argued Odd thought it over also. He smiled in triumph and put his arms around them.

“Ladies, please! I have a solution.” That’s when Ulrich stood up. “Oh no! Remember the last time you had a solution? I had detention for a month.”

“Well I think this solution won’t cause much trouble.” Odd casually replied. Ulrich didn’t seem too convinced. Yumi sighed. Clor looked interested on this solution, Aelita seemed more worried.

“Let’s ALL have a sleepover at me and Ulrich’s dorm.” Clor’s eyes widened.

“ODD? Have you dog-gun-it lost your mind!? The teachers would surely catch us. Why I’d be thrown out of this school faster than a jack-rabbit.” She exclaimed. Aelita didn’t look as worried now.

“Well, I’d think it’s a good idea. It would be like a goodbye party for all of us.” Yumi grinned at this but it quickly faded.

“Well if you do stick with this, don’t make it seem like a goodbye. It sounds so...dramatic.” She scratched her head. “I really don’t care what you all do, as long as I have somewhere to sleep.” Clor was defeated at this point. She had no other arguments to pull out.

“Fine. But I warn ye’. The teachers, especially the gym teachers are harsh.” She said.

Odd smirked. “Aww, is Clorea scared of a bad ol’ gym teacher?” He taunted in a baby voice. Clor looked annoyed at the use of her whole name.

“No!” She yelled back. “I-I’m just simply worried about getting yelled at. My Aunt yelled at me often.” She had a softer tone now. Odd brushed it off with a flick of his hand.

“Your Aunt is here anymore. Just stick with us.”

---

It was night now and all of Kadiac’s students were in their dorms either asleep, lying in their beds or just doing whatever. Jim was patrolling eagerly now; he had to make six trips to one student’s room just to tell them to be quiet.

Yumi knocked on Odd and Ulrich’s dorm room door. She didn’t have pajamas like they planned. She stuck with her day clothes. Not as if she had any choice. She would probably borrow one of Ulrich’s T-shirts anyway.

A rustling was heard on the other side of the door, then a crash, then a “Odd you idiot!” IT was obviously Clor. Ulrich would hurt Odd, but he would go father than just calling him an idiot.

Ulrich opened the door instead of Odd like she expected. “Sorry.” He grinned sheepishly. Yumi smiled as well and shut the door behind her. She noticed Clor’s pajamas as she walked in. Who wouldn’t? The T-shirt she wore was neon yellow and the bottom was hot pink (with cow-printed slippers). Maybe Odd was beginning to be ruled out. She ate more than him, dressed more vibrantly than him but at least Odd had style. Clor seemed to slap on anything she saw fit.

“Aelita said she would be here soon. She’s hangin out with Einstein.” Ulrich winked jokingly.

He looked at Clor and Odd, they were fighting over ice-cream at the moment and Clor apparently was winning. The ice-cream however was melting due to lack of being in the freezer.

Yumi raised and eyebrow while looking at her bickering friends. “Ice-cream? Where did you get the ice-cream? Rosa locks up the kitchen at nine and it’s ten now.” Ulrich chuckled at this.

“Odd asked for a mini-freezer last year and his parents surprisingly sent him one.”

“Oh. Is there anymore ice-cream left?” Yumi asked slyly.

“Yep. I bought three gallon it yesterday. Chocolate, strawberry and Vanilla. Odd bought a pint size cookie-dough, that’s the one they’re fighting over.”

“Chocolate?” She asked quickly.

“Chocolate. I know how much women love chocolate. But it’s not just for girls with estrogen literally oozing out.” Yumi replied by throwing a well aimed pillow at his face.

Another knocked was heard at the door. Ulrich got it, again.

“Oh hi Aelita and Jer. About time, Yumi was about to devour all of our ice-cream.”

“I was not!” Yumi shouted defensively. However, she was clutching a container of chocolate ( AN: heaven) ice-cream.

“Uh-huh.” Ulrich laughed quietly and handed her a spoon. Odd and Clor were still fighting over the chocolate chip cookie-dough.

“You had three helpings of cake at dinner! I didn’t get one! So I deserve this!” Clor said through gritted teeth.

“Oh boo-hoo! I’m nothing but a growing boy! You women grow off of dust!”

“Excuse me?” Clor tugged on the container harder than she had during the fight and finally got it out of Odd’s clutches. She opened it up and as she expected: sludge.

“You wanted it? You can have it.” And with that, she poured the glop on his head. Aelita gasped at this but soon fell over laughing. Jeremy suppressed a chuckle. Yumi was too busy eating ice-cream to notice and Ulrich didn’t really care as long as the cream didn’t drip on the carpet. Clor’s eyes lit up as she thought of a wicked-yet funny idea. She grabbed her book-bag and took out sprinkles.

“Now this creamy delight will be topped off!” She laughed and poured the whole container of sprinkles on Odd’s head.

“HEY!” He yelled and fled to his drawer and pulled out chocolate syrup. Clor gasped.

You wouldn’t .”

“You’re right, a little anyway. I wouldn’t put this just on you. Everyone!”

“What?” Jeremy spit out. Ulrich muttered something before Odd squirted the syrup on Clor, then at Jeremy’s face-particularly his glasses and the rest landed on Aelita’s face. Clor squeaked like a bird and flailed her arms in attempt to shake the chocolate goo off her sleeves.

“ODD! NOT ON THE CARPET-” Ulrich started to say but was silenced by the syrup squirted in his mouth. Yumi gulped and quickly ran to him.

“Odd, you wouldn’t dare. These are my only clothes and just look at the carpet!” Yumi exclaimed frantically. Anything too keep her brand new jeans clean. Odd responded by smearing the ice cream on his head on her face.

“NOBODY messes up my hair!”

“Yeah well now your buying the cleaner to clean up this mess on the floor AND you’re cleaning it up.” Ulrich said with chocolate dripping down his chin. Jeremy couldn’t see a thing and was now trying to clean up his glasses, but if rubbed the lenses with his shirt more chocolate would end up being there anyway. So he just left it. Aelita looked like chocolate and strawberries at the moment and was licking chocolate off her lips.

Chapter End Notes:

Just so you know, my style is a twinge different, cause I wrote in my notebook this time and I dunno what came over me, the pen takes over my mind. My hand is cramping so bad I can barely type.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]