The Flowers of Lyoko by metrunui1
[Reviews - 1]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Warren sat on one of the benches that lined the courtyard…Aleisha lying on him, just relaxing and talking. Because it was almost summer it was an extremely nice day and it felt good just to sit and bask in the sun. The finals were about to start and they had been studying for ages, with the help of Jeremie and Aelita…who knew almost every subject by heart. Warren had actually set up the entire group on meeting in Jeremie’s room to study for the tests…and everyone was involved in the studying. When he wasn’t in class or studying for finals he was with Aleisha, he was spending a LOT of time with her.
“Well look at this. Isn’t it the worst thing that you have ever seen?” Came a sneering voice.
“Shove off Herb.” Warren said, without turning around, he had memorized the sound of Herb’s voice long ago. Aleisha raised her head a bit…and rolled her eyes when she saw Herb.
“He’s just jealous Warren, he knows that he could never have a girl as good looking as I am.” She said sounding a bit tired, closing her eyes and resting her head on Warren’s shoulder.
Warren snorted with laughter. “Yeah your right.” He said and pulled her closer to him. “Now run along Herb before Sissy decides that she would rather hang with Urich rather than you.”
Warren heard Herb shuffle off after about a minute. Warren knew that he had been thinking of hitting him, and didn’t care. Aleisha shifted a bit on his shoulder and Warren could tell that she had fallen asleep. Warren sighed contentedly and let his head fall back to rest in the sunlight.

Aelita found Aleisha resting in her room, Warren working on the Algebra that the teacher had assigned. They had Warren’s CD player in the corner playing a tune that Aelita didn’t recognize; it was a light techno song that had a soprano singing.
“Your arms are my castle, your heart is my sky, they wipe away tears that I cry. The good and the bad times we’ve been through them all. You make me rise when I fall!”
“Hey Aelita.” Warren said, looking up just a bit. Aleisha opened her eyes a bit, looking up, and then closed them again.
“Long night?” Aelita asked, without opening her eyes Aleisha nodded. Aelita noticed that she was silently mouthing the song along with the CD.
“I’m personally not surprised, she has been studying like crazy.” Warren said, not looking up from the work. “So how are you doing?”
“I’m doing real well, I just came to hang out.” Aelita responded “Jeremie is at the factory, working on an ID for Aleisha, Odd is somewhere, and Urich and Yumi wouldn’t want to be disturbed right now.”
Warren smiled, “I can understand that.” He said and then put down the book that he was using and got up and stretched.
Aelita went over to Aleisha and sat down next to her. “You guys have been through a lot of stuff…” she said.
Aleisha turned toward her, opening one eye a bit. “So have you…” she said, sleepily.
Aelita laughed “You know, that is the same thing Warren said.”
Warren nodded. “It’s true, I did say that.” He said, “You know I have some cash that is burning a hole in my pocket, what do you girls say to me taking you out for lunch?”
“Sure.” Aleisha said, getting up and stretching.
“That sounds fun.” Aelita said.

They ended up going to the Golden Lion by the mall, a locally owned burger joint, it was a bit crowded but it still was good. Believe it or not, after a few minutes of sitting in the small restaurant the song that Warren had been playing in Aleisha’s room came on. Warren and Aleisha shared a look and they both started to sing along. People looked at them in wonder, as they were able to sing the entire song without missing a single note and staring into each other’s eyes the entire time. When the song finished several people burst into applause, some just smiled, they could tell.
“Have you ever tried Karaoke competitions?” asked the guy at the counter. Warren and Aleisha shared a look and nodded. “Would you be interested in being in the one that is this Friday?”
“Why not? Finals will be over for the week and we can have everyone come.” Warren said, and gave Aelita a questioning look, as if asking if they should do it.
Aelita nodded “I would love to see that. I bet it would be the best thing that we could do after finals.” She said. Warren turned back to the guy and held out a hand and he handed a pamphlet to him that had the information for the competition on it.
“Hope to see you two there. The prize for this week is $20 for second place and $50 for first place. We have several music fanatics come each and every night.” The guy behind the counter said.
Warren smiled, “We plan on it…see you Friday!” he said, walking over to the table with the girls. They got their food just a bit later, freshly made.

The group was just about to go and pay for the food when a new guy came into the Golden Lion and went straight to the counter. The guy was just a little taller than Warren and wore a long flowing coat that reached beyond his waist. Warren saw him pass the person at the counter a small note, which the guy read and then turned pale. The person at the counter slid his hand down to the corner of the desk and then stopped when the guy pulled back the coat he was wearing and showed not one gun but two. Warren’s eyes widened and the guy gave him a look that said “do something and see what happens” and reached for one of the guns.
He only had time to get it out, “EVERYBODY DOWN!” Warren yelled and kicked at the guy, catching his arm so that the gun flew through the air, landing on the ground a little ways away. The following fight that ensued was short but no less amazing, the guy having just lost his weapon sent a haymaker at Warren’s head, which he dodged easily and then kicked him in the stomach. The guy doubled over and then came up with a cruel uppercut punch that sent Warren sprawling. He immediately got up and looked down the barrel of the gun that had been shoved into his face.
“WARREN!” Aleisha screamed, trying to fight out of the grip that Aelita and another guy had on her, keeping her away from him and the robber.
“Nice try kid.” He said, his voice like sandpaper, and then smiled evilly “But not good enough.”
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]