Code Element by GarageKid
[Reviews - 4]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer- I do not own Code Lyoko

Chapter One: Aniki

 

The gang was helping out decorating the gym for the upcoming school dance. It was the first one for the year in the Fall.

“Odd, don’t try to jump on the latter.” Jeremie said as Odd looked down at him, nearly falling off. Jeremie shook his head and went back to listening to the music for the dance. Aelita was setting up the DJ equipment with Yumi while Ulrich helped Odd with the decorating. All of a sudden, Sissi’s voice yelled through the doorway.

“GET AWAY FROM ME YOU BRAT!” Sissi yelled as a young boy ran out of sight, looking scared. Sissi soon walked through the door with Herb and Nicolas.

“Sissi, you know the way you treat other people makes me sick. Who the hell did you yell at this time?” Yumi asked in anger.

“I don’t know, some little brat, this doesn’t concern you in anyway, shape, or form, so stay out.” Sissi said.

“You should really dye your hair blonde, it suits you better then black.” Yumi said.

“Well, then I better ask what dirt you have on Ulrich to make him go to the dance with a slut like you.” Sissi said, she knew that triggered Yumi’s anger, and she smiled at her accomplishment and stepped forward as if taunting Yumi more. Until an unfamiliar voice was heard.

“I would shut up and back off if I were you.” A boy said from the door way. The same black hair and shade of blue eyes as Yumi. Sissi knew she must have met this boy before, she would have remembered anyone who wore a collar loosely around their neck like he was and she would have remembered anyone who wore their jacket sleeves neatly rolled up to their elbow like he was. Odd looked over at the boy and then Yumi, who had a shocked look on.

“Hey Yumi, you must have a lot in common with this guy, clothes wise that is.” Odd said pointing out the boy’s black and dark red outfit, the black sneakers, black jeans, and dark red short sleeve shirt with the black jacket over it.

“More then that.” The boy said. Ulrich raised an eyebrow and looked over at Yumi and then back at the boy. Ulrich was thinking this guy may be an ex boyfriend, or worst, if he was someone willing to hurt Yumi. Yumi, seeing his reaction, put a hand up to calm him down. Then, as if something triggered her memory:

“Aniki!” Yumi yelled happily, the group jumped to her sudden burst. The boy smiled as Yumi hugged him, the group looked over at her with blank looks as the hug broke up.

“Aniki? Is that this guy’s name? I feel sorry for you.” Odd said.

“Aniki means ‘older brother’ it’s Japanese.” Yumi said.

“Older brother?!” The rest of the group and Sissi’s group questioned, surprised. In the few years the gang has known Yumi, they had no clue she had siblings, they only knew she had a dad.

“How’s that possible? You being her older brother, you look the same age as her.” Sissi asked.

“Do I really have to spell it out for you? But fine, I’ll play along, if memory’s right, I am two minutes older. Happy?” The boy asked.

“TWO MINUTES!” The voices filled the gym.

“A lot can happen in two minutes.” Herb said scared.

“But, if your two minutes older, that makes you two twins.” Ulrich said putting the pieces together. “But, your not a girl.”

“Oh, Jeremie.” Yumi called.

“Ok, I’ll explain it.” Jeremie said. “Yumi and this guy are fraternal twins, which means they share about 50% of the same DNA, which means things like gender ect. Can very, ya see, during the time twins are born”

“Jeremie, I think they get it.” Yumi said stopping him before he got graphic on them.

“And ‘This guy’ has a name. Kiba Ishiyama, nice to meet ya.” Kiba said.

“Kiba, the one who was about to give us a lecture is Jeremie, The one in purple is Odd, The brown haired one is Ulrich, and the Pink haired one’s Aelita.” Yumi introduced.

“Nice to meet you all.” Kiba said.

“The three jerks over there are not important.” Yumi said.

“Don’t worry, I know them, Sissi, Herb, and Nicolas.” Kiba said in an kinda angry voice.

“Along with my two new members of my group. Meet, Clay and Ray.” Sissi said as two rough looking boys walked through the door. “Well, we better be going.” Sissi said as he group left.

“I don’t her or her group.” Kiba said casually. Odd nodded.

“Me either.” Odd said. “Then again no body really likes her. But more importantly, Yumi you have a twin? You never told us you had a twin, you never said you had a brother. We though you only had your dad, we never even hear about your mom. What have you been hiding from us this whole time?”

“Odd, it’s a bittersweet story.” Yumi said. “And a long one too.”

“We can take a break for you to tell us.” Jeremie said as the gang walked over to the side of the stage and sat down.

“Come on Yumi, this sounds interesting.” Aelita said.

“Well, Five years ago my parents got a divorce.” Yumi started.

“What’s a divorce?” Aelita asked interrupting Yumi, who didn’t seem to mind it.

“A divorce is when two people who are married break up and leave each other.” Kiba said coldly.

“Anyway, Kiba and I where ten at the time, and we also had a younger brother who was 6 at the time, Hiroki.” Yumi said.

“So you have TWO brothers we didn’t know about?” Odd asked.

“Yeah, Odd. Anyway, when the divorce was settled, Hiroki and Kiba where to stay with Mom, while I stayed with my dad. Mom, Kiba, and Hiroki moved out to America while me and dad stayed here. For the last five years, that’s how it’s been.” Yumi said then turned to Kiba. “The real questions is, what are you doing here, mom made it very clear she never wanted to see dad again as long as she lived.”

“That was kinda true.” Kiba said. “Well, I was kinda trying to avoid the question because I know you wont like the answer.”

“Huh?” Yumi asked.

“Well, my turn to tell a story, Mom pretty much fell in love with this other drunk guy whom she met and married. The guy wasn’t my favorite person, the truth was I hated him. I guess I should have seen what was coming next. The guy started to take control of mom’s life, she couldn’t do anything without his approval. A few days ago, they went out on a date and never came back, the police said they found the car in a ditch off the highway.” Kiba paused to see if Yumi picked up what he was trying to say. “Mom died in the car crash and so did the guy she was married to. So me and Hiroki where sent here to live with dad, who was happy to see us, surprisingly upset mom was dead.”

“Dad loved her was why.” Yumi said.

“How in this world would you know?!” Kiba snapped.

“Dad started drinking when mom left him, Kiba, he still does. He never fell in love with another woman for though five years, he can loss his temper easily. Kiba, you have never heard him talk in his sleep have you?” Yumi asked Kiba shook his head, “He keeps apologizing over and over again to mom about how he was a fool.”

“Hey, Yumi, I know it’s stupid to ask. But shouldn’t you be crying about your mom’s death?” Aelita asked.

“That’s the thing, I was ten when I last saw her, I really don’t remember much about her.” Yumi said.

“Well, can we get back to work before this gets too dull?” Odd asked.

“Sure Odd.” Kiba said as the group stood up. And went back to work on the gym.

“Jeremie, why would Yumi have no memory of her mom?” Aelita asked.

“She probably does, just not a lot.” Jeremie said.

“I know how she feels, I don’t have memory of my mom either.” Aelita said.

“That’s why you two are good friends, you both share similar pains and hopes.” Jeremie said. “You and Yumi and very close to your fathers and have nearly no memory about your mothers. Really, I feel bad for you two to have to go through that.”

“We don’t go through it alone.” Aelita said. “I wonder how Yumi was doing before having us to talk to.”

“She probably kept everything under wraps.” Jeremie said. “Hey, Yumi!” Jeremie Called over Yumi jogged over to the two.

“Yea?” Yumi asked.

“I just thought of something, if you and Kiba are twins, why where you separated during the divorce?” Jeremie asked.

“Dad needed me.” Yumi said. “I could tell, I chose to stay with him.”

“Oh, the question just came up.” Jeremie said. Yumi walked back off the help Kiba.

“Hey Yumes, what did dad mean when he said that Hiroki and me not being home all the time would be a good thing?” Kiba asked.

“Aniki, dad probably started drinking heavy again, he doesn’t want to hurt us.” Yumi said.

“Poor Hiroki, out of one problem and into another.” Kiba said.

“I forgot about Hiroki.” Yumi said honestly.

***

Kiba, Yumi and Hiroki headed home. Hiroki turned out to like Yumi very quickly. As they walked up to the door, Yumi unlocked it with her key and walked in.

“Daddy, we’re home.” Yumi called as a huge white dog with a red noise appeared running over to her. “Akamaru?” Yumi questioned.

“Yea.” Kiba said.

“He’s huge! Last time I saw him he was a puppy.” Yumi said.

“I never noticed how much he grew, he looks the same to me.” Kiba said.

“Daddy?” Yumi called again. She walked over to the kitchen with the two following her to see her dad at the table with a bunch of empty beer bottles sitting on the table. “Daddy, what’s wrong?”

“My ex-wife’s dead, and now I can never apologize for my mistakes.” Her dad said. He had been drinking, heavier then she thought.

“Daddy, I though you said you where going to stop drinking.” Yumi said. But her dad had lost conciseness and had his head on the table. “Daddy.” Yumi said with a tear going down her face.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]