Code Element by GarageKid
[Reviews - 4]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Nothing but the Truth

Ulrich and Odd wandered along the school yard. Until the principal’s walked up to them.

“Well, Ulrich looks like Yumi stood you up.” Sissi said.

“What are you talking about?” Ulrich asked.

“Beat it Sissi no one needs you screwing things up.” Odd said.

“Well, I just wanted you to know that Yumi was with that really hot Japanese boy that transferred here. In fact he was looking for her this morning. I guessed they must have met before.” Sissi said with has cat-like grin. “In fact, their together now, take a look.” She pointed to the tree near the bench where Yumi and the dark blonde were talking. Ulrich felt his anger rise. Did there kiss mean nothing to her? He walked over to where they where talking.

“Looks like Ulrich will dump Yumi, and be all mine.” Sissi said.

“In your dreams Sissi, he loves Yumi and he’s not going to dump her.” Odd said in a confident tone. Ulrich walked over to Yumi and took her arm.

“Can I talk to you?” Ulrich asked before pulling her away into the woods near the manhole cover leading to the factory. Without thinking, he turned around and slapped her across the face and started yelling.

“Why would you go off with someone else! I don’t know him and you haven’t said anything about him! WHO is he? Did our kiss mean nothing to you?!” Ulrich yelled without really thinking it through. He saw the hurt look in Yumi’s blue eyes, a hand went up to her sore cheek.

“Didn’t I? Oh shit.” Yumi murmured to herself, but just loud enough for Ulrich to hear. “I didn’t tell you about the letter, did I?”

“No, what letter?” Ulrich asked feeling very bad that he hit Yumi and yelled at her.

“That boy, was Daisuke, my friend I’ve known since I was six.” Yumi started refusing to make eye contact. Ulrich knew why, now that he hit her she knew she was being punished, she had said her dad would hit her when he got angry with her, so she knew. “We’re just friends, more like a brother/sister relation ship than anything else. Dating him would be like me dating Kiba.” Ulrich noticed the shiver going down her spine at the thought. Ulrich pulled her into a hug as if apologizing for hitting and yelling at her.

“I’m so sorry I hit you, I lost my temper.” Ulrich said. Yumi rested her head on his shoulder.

“Sometime, honestly, you scare me when your like that. But, please, don’t hit me again.” Yumi begged. Ulrich nuzzled her neck as if promising never to hit her and scare her like he had done. They stayed like that for a while, until Yumi pulled away from him.

“Sorry, but I promised Daisuke I’d show him around. If you come with along, you and Daisuke will get to know each other.” Yumi suggested.

“OK.” Ulrich said after all it was the least he could do for getting mad at her. “At a price.” He teased bring her to his lips.

“Easy big boy, but if every time you hit me I get a kiss, fire away.” Yumi said as the kiss ended. Ulrich laughed lightly at her. “Come on.” Yumi pulled him back toward where Daisuke was standing.

“Hey Daisuke, this is Ulrich.” Yumi introduced. The blonde look over and smiled.

“Nice to meet you. Daisuke’s the name, but you can call me Davis if you’d prefer.” Daisuke shook Ulrich’s hand as they toured the campus. The rest of the gang also seemed to think he was a great guy. Kiba had walked through the gates.

“Fishin’ trip not go as good as you’d thought?” Yumi asked.

“Naw, but Hiroki caught a big one.” Kiba said. “Hey Davis! Didn’t think you’d be here till tonight at the earliest.”

“Well, you know, I couldn’t wait to see you and Yumi again.” Daisuke said.

*** Later that Evening, Ulrich and Odd’s Dorm ***

“Davis, you said you and Yumi where friends since you both where six, is Yumes just a childish nickname?” Aelita asked.

“Kinda, ‘Yumes’ means ‘Dream’ in Japanese. I guess the nickname stuck over time.” Daisuke said.

“And you would never go out with Yumi?” Odd asked to be annoying.

“Dating Yumi would feel more like dating my sister.” Daisuke said truthfully. Danielle looked around the room.

“Something wrong?” Kiba asked her.

“Oh, no, I was just spacing.” Danielle said. She was honest about when she spaced out on the rest of the gang. She was an amazing writer, so she would get an idea and space out thinking about it.

“Hey Yumi, we better got goin’ it’s almost dinner.” Kiba said.

“What’s on the menu?” She asked.

“Dad’s trying grandpa’s ten potato casserole. When he could just make a pot of ramen.” Kiba said.

“I don’t think I’m that hungry tonight.” Yumi commented as Kiba nodded in agreement.

“You should come over Davis, Akamaru missed you.” Kiba said.

“How is little Akamaru?” Daisuke asked.

“Not so little any more.” Yumi told him.

*** After Dinner Ishiyama household ***

“Great to see you again Daisuke.” Mr. Ishiyama greeted as he walked through the door.

“Akamaru’s huge.” He commented as he sat down on the couch in the living room.

“Funny, Yumes said the same thing.” Kiba said as he walked out of the room to feed Akamaru.

“Hey Yumes, Iruka did want me to tell you something.” Daisuke said.

“What?” Yumi asked.

“Just another lesson. He said that sometimes you have to choose between sacrificing and watching your friends die. You need to think before you choose. That’s a no-brainer, I would sacrifice my own life to save people I love and care about.” Daisuke said.

“Another lesson from the book of Iruka, how original.” Yumi said.

“What would you pick Yumes?” Daisuke asked.

“I don’t know, I guess I also would sacrifice my life to protect my friends. But the odds are slim that I would have to make such a decision. But sacrificing my life would be the route I take when I do have to make such a choice.” Yumi said. Daisuke smiled.

“I better get goin’ see ye tomorrow.” Daisuke waved as he left.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]