Code Element by GarageKid
[Reviews - 4]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Slipped Away

Yumi lay on the white hospital bed. She had been told the news, Daisuke was dead. She didn’t take her eyes on his blue headband that lay on her lap. The funeral was today as well as the day Yumi could leave the hospital. She stepped onto the cold floor, and pulled on her black long sleeve shirt and her black pants (Note that they are not jeans) and her combat boots. (This is the traditional Japanese funeral wardrobe)

“Yumi?” Kiba asked walking through the door wearing a black short sleeve shirt, his black dog collar, black slacks, and black sneakers. “Ready to go?”

“Yeah.” She said as they walked out to their dad’s car. Their dad drove them to the funeral which was held at the only Japanese church in town. Odd, Ulrich, Danielle, Aelita, and Jeremie came along to show support.

“I can’t believe Xana took his first victim.” Jeremie said.

“I hate funerals, they remind me too much about my brother.” Danielle said, her older brother had died when she was in the fifth grade.

“Look at these pictures.” Odd said. There was a picture of Yumi and Daisuke as little kids, one as a school graduation shot with Daisuke, Yumi and Kiba, Kiba and Daisuke as little kids, Daisuke’s last school photo, and one that was taken two years ago of Yumi, Daisuke, and Kiba which was there last day together before Yumi moved to France. Ulrich looked around at the others, there was pictures from Halloween and Christmas, pictures in school yards and in classrooms, pictures of them as little kids growing up, it made Ulrich realize how much of a family Yumi, Kiba, and Daisuke were.

“Hey Yumi.” Danielle’s voice said snapping Ulrich out of his daze.

“How are you feeling?” Aelita asked.

“Ok, I guess.” Yumi said. Kiba didn’t look too happy either, both of them looked sad. Daisuke’s grandparents came and where seated in the back of the church. Kiba put his head down, Akamaru was on a leash that was held in his hand.

Na na, na na na, na na
I miss you, miss you so bad
I don't forget you, oh it's so sad
I hope you can hear me
I remember it clearly

Yumi and Kiba sat silently during the funeral. Aelita and Danielle couldn’t help but feel most of the pain they where. Danielle looked over at Kiba with understanding eyes. He looked down at her as she lay her head on his shoulder.

“It’s gonna be ok.” Danielle told him.

“It’s Yumes I’m worried about.” Kiba whispered to her.

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same
Ooooh

It seemed so little while ago it was clear, but rain now fell from the sky. Ulrich noticed Yumi staring out the window watching the rain. He looked over at her trying to make eye contact to get in her head and see what she was thinking. But she refused to make eye contact.

“It’ll be ok Yumes, you know that right?” Ulrich asked.

“XANA will pay from this though.” Yumi said with determined eyes. “Nothing’s going to be the same without Daisuke.”

Na na na na na na na

I didn't get around to kiss you
Goodbye on the hand
I wish that I could see you again
I know that I can't

Yumi let her head drop so she was staring at her feet. Ulrich pulled an arm around her and let her head drop on to his shoulder. He felt one tear run down from Yumi’s cheek to his neck.

Oooooh
I hope you can hear me cause I remember it clearly

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same
Ooooh

Akamaru got his head under Yumi’s hand asking to be pet. Yumi scratched his ears as he tried to get on her lap.

“Akamaru, your too heavy.” Yumi said pushing the dog off.

“Are you saying Akamaru’s fat?” Kiba asked.

“You’re the one who hasn’t notice how much he’s grown in 5 years.” Yumi commented as she went back to listening to what Daisuke’s grandmother was saying about Daisuke.

I had my wake up
Won't you wake up
I keep asking why
And I can't take it
It wasn't fake
It happened, you passed by

“Daisuke lived by himself, in his own apartment since both his parents died when he was 6.” His grandfather said.

“He lived on his own since he was 5 when his parents died in war.” Kiba corrected.

“So he did, well would you young man like to take over?” He asked as Kiba stood up.

“My pleasure.” Kiba said as he took over.

Now you are gone, now you are gone
There you go, there you go
Somewhere I can't bring you back
Now you are gone, now you are gone
There you go, there you go,
Somewhere your not coming back

After the funeral the group walked through parking lot with rain poring down.

“You talked more then Daisuke’s grandparents.” Yumi said.

“Well, you talked your fair share too, we knew Daisuke better then they did.” Kiba said.

“One thing, Akamaru is not sneaking in my room tonight all wet.” Yumi said. Danielle pulled a text book over her head to stop the flow of rain on her head.

“You can’t use a school book as an umbrella.” Jeremie scolded.

“Chill, it’s only science. I hate science.” Danielle said.

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same noo..
The day you slipped away
Was the day that I found it won't be the same oooh...

Na na, na na na, na na
I miss you

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]