Code Element by GarageKid
[Reviews - 4]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Heroine Comeback

 

Light winter wind blew through her ebony hair, her black jacket unzipped to show the purple top, and the blue confident eyes looked through the memorable area. She climbed up the well-known oak tree to the top to get a better look, long-ago memories filled her head.

“Getting excited are we?” asked her sensei, his brown eyes watching her stand on the high branch and look out to the area she knew and loved.

“Nothing’s changed in my 2-year absence. Except the new school, and that I’ll be attending High school now and not middle. It looks so much the same, the trees, the city, everything.” She let her blue eyes look down at her sensei as she jumped out of the tree landing perfectly on her two feet as the two kept walking toward Kadic High School.

*** Kadic High Gymnasium ***

“I’ve gotta walk Kiwi still, see you guys later.” Odd said as he pulled on his winter jacket and ran to his room to get Kiwi.

“Hi Kiwi, ready for a walk my little diggity-dog.” Odd said hooking the leash and sneaking the dog into the near by woods. Danielle was at Pine Hollow with Morning Star making sure his water trough was taken out so he didn’t get sick, Ulrich was in his room studying, Jeremie was in his room on his computer, and Aelita was working on a project for music

*** Woods ***

“So, why are you so happy to see all your friends?” Iruka asked.

“Well, today is Ulrich’s birthday, December 1st, and it makes even more fun to surprise him. I decided to have the rest of the gang help me with the surprise. He’ll be really happy to see me.” Yumi said thinking about the look on Ulrich’s face when he saw her. She stopped and shivered to zip her coat up more, even though she had her black one underneath, she still had to wear a heavy black sweatshirt to keep warm in the snow. The sound of Kiwi barking lead up to him jumping and yipping at her feet.

“Yumi?” Odd’s voice asked. Yumi turned to him and smiled. “It really is you!” Odd said as Yumi gave him a hug that meant “hello” while Kiwi licked at her boots.

“How’s everyone?” Yumi asked.

“I’ll be re-enrolling you K? That gives to time to catch up with your friends.” Iruka called as he headed to the office building.

“Ulrich misses you so much, Aelita is taking a music class and has this big project she’s working on, Danielle has a new horse named Morning Star she uses in contests, Aelita and Jeremie broke up.” Odd said.

“Wow, back up, Aelita and Jeremie broke up?” Yumi asked in astonishment.

“Yeah, I can’t really remember why it was a year ago or so.” Odd said. “How was Japan?”

“OK, I heard about my dad’s shooting. Training was the least of it, some of my family members on my dad’s side helped me train, their all really nice.” Yumi said. “I wanted to ask you about Ulrich birthday.” Odd seemed to know what Yumi had in mind.

“We’re going to give him a surprise party in the lobby, Aelita, Kiba, and Jeremie and decorating now, and Danielle is supposed to help after she takes care of Morning Star.” Odd informed her. “It will be even more of a surprise when he sees you.”

“OK, lets go surprise the others first.” Yumi said as Odd and her walked toward the boys’ dorm lobby.

*** Boys’ Lobby ***

Aelita looked up to see Odd walk through the door followed by the familiar black haired Japanese teen. Aelita rushed over and hugged Yumi before even saying “hello” Kiba and Jeremie looked just as surprised.

“Hi Aelita.” Yumi said as Aelita ended the hug, Yumi and noticed Aelita’s change in height, she was now only 2 inches shorter then Yumi. Kiba put his sister in a friendly headlock.

“I missed ya sis!” Kiba said. Jeremie got his hug after Kiba decided to let Yumi go.

“I missed you guys too.” Yumi said. Kiba playfully pounded on her back as a way of saying hello. Yumi had gotten used to Kiba’s rough housing as much as he used Akamaru as an excuse to hid things. (Like when he said good-bye to Yumi before she headed to Japan from those of you who didn’t understand why he was say Akamaru would miss Yumi. J get it.) Anyway, as Danielle entered the room, she also gave Yumi a huge. An hour later the lobby was decorated for their party.

“All you need is a bow and you’ll be the best birthday present Ulrich ever gets.” Odd said fishing out a black ribbon.

“Your kidding right?” Yumi asked as Odd lifted up one black ribbon, one red one, and two green.

“What do you think guys?” Odd asked.

“Green or back, red doesn’t match with her shirt.” Danielle commented.

“Ah guys?” Yumi asked unsurely.

“I also found one in blue and one in purple.” Aelita called. “Or do you think pink?”

“Jeremie, say something.” Yumi begged.

“I think the purple one will look fine.” Jeremie said.

“Me too.” Danielle said as Aelita nodded in agreement.

“Kiba?” Yumi asked looking at her brother with a pleading look.

“I’ll hold her down!” Kiba offered. A small yip escaped Yumi’s lips before Kiba went to grab her, she moved out of the way.

“Really funny,” Yumi said unsure if this was really a joke.

“You can either go with a ribbon, or in a box, your choice.” Danielle said motioning to the large box.

*** Ulrich’s dorm ***

“ULRICH!” Odd called.

“What?” Ulrich asked as Odd walked through the door.

“Ya gotta come to the lobby!” Odd said jumping up and down.

“Why?” Ulrich asked. Odd thought for a moment to think of a way to get him down there. Soon the best idea came to his spiky haired head.

“Sissi’s drunk, ya gotta see this.” Odd said pulling Ulrich by the arm out of the room. Ulrich followed Odd obediently toward the boys’ lobby. As soon as Ulrich opened the door, the room was dark, as Odd reached for the light and turned it on that the group minus Yumi jumped out.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” The group cheered.

“We have a very special present for you.” Danielle said as she headed toward the storage closet. “Right behind door number one.” Ulrich’s jaw dropped as she opened the door. Behind the door was Yumi, with the purple ribbon around her waist, she had taken the black jacket off and tied Daisuke’s headband around her upper arm where it normally was with her jacket.

“Aw, I guess that means you didn’t miss me?” Yumi asked seeing Ulrich hesitation. As soon as he broke out of his trance he tackled her with a hug.

“We’ll leave you two alone, but make it quick, I’m hungry.” Odd said motioning to the cake Danielle had ordered for the occasion. Ulrich’s arms remained tight around Yumi’s waist pulling her against his chest. Her chin rested on his shoulder as he tightened up more as if she where going to run from him.

“Ulrich, I can’t breath.” Yumi said he loosened his hold on her waist enough to lean down a kiss her. As soon as their kiss ended Odd was pounding on the door.

“I said hurry up!” Odd called.

“OK OK!” Ulrich called back.

Chapter End Notes:

I'm not going to be able to update for a while, I'm going on vacation tomorrow and my parents said no computers, so see ya when I come back!

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]